PDA

View Full Version : Crap in fuel tank

Conehead
23-12-13, 10:30 PM
I drained my tank yesterday and bearing in mind the tank was flushed last year I was amazed at the crap that came out of it.

I can take a photo if anyone is interested in this highly boring point.

Anyway, I managed to 3/4 fill a 4pint milk bottle with what was left in my tank, the bottom 1.5 - 2cm was what looked like water and the rest fuel that looked quite yellow compared to the correct golden colour. In the fuel were many parts of what I believe to be the tank liner ranging in size from 1/2cm to 4cm (yes 4 centimeters in diameter).

The carbs were another story. On the end of the main jet there was a build up of a gel (jelly) substance that when rubbed between the fingers went to a vaseline consistancy. I was told this is the problem with the new ethanol based fuels that attaches to water particles and is also known to dissolve the tank linings (dont know how true this is but I would not be surprised)

Anyway, bored you enough so cheers for reading and I will hopefully see you on the road in the next few weeks. I for one cant wait. :)

wheelers
23-12-13, 11:09 PM
congratulations, this is all we get lately. yes its the ethanol but don't worry you are saving our valuable fossil fuels resources, think yourself proud, pat on the back. don't worry about the expense to you. this is at a max 15%, wait until they raise this (15% is max they can use without advertising on pumps).