PDA

View Full Version : Hello my fellow (biker) Vapers!

UKVBob
09-12-13, 08:11 PM
After seeing this thread http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/showthread.php?31387-E-Cigarettes-!!!&
I thought "hmm, I wonder how many bike clubs have members that have moved from tobacco to e-cigarettes".

I'm a member of UKVapers and an ex-motorcyclist. I stopped riding after I lost my right leg (wasn't a bike accident) and had a stroke shortly afterward.
Life can sometimes give you lemons... so I make lemonade.

The European Parliament is trying to give the 1 million e-cigarette users in the UK a whole punch of lemons my trying to effectively ban them.
At the same time leaving tobacco cigs still freely available. WTF.

This, like biking, is about freedom and the freedom to choose.

pls sign the new petition to EU Parliament, you can do it in 10 seconds: https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/The_European_Parliament_Save_electronic_cigarettes _from_excessive_EU_regulation/?email&mobile=1

You can also go to UKVapers or Planet of the Vapes and sign up to our Thunderclap Twitterbombs :)

Thank you for reading this,
damn I miss my bike
o/

BB
09-12-13, 09:19 PM
Hi and welcome :cool:

DC
09-12-13, 11:02 PM
Hi Bob Im a vaper and fellow UKVapers member Welcome to WB !!! :cool:

Annie
10-12-13, 08:08 AM
Morning Bob....well done for kicking the habit...I keep trying...will get there one day :)

Geordie Stu
13-12-13, 01:23 PM
Turning Japanese...!

Nelly
13-12-13, 01:30 PM
Turning Japanese...!

(shakes head) good grief Stu. :rolleyes:

Rabb
15-12-13, 12:12 PM
I am a vaper!
I've been off normal cigarettes for 20 weeks plus and I am heavily into vaping.
This week I sent a personal email to my MP Dr. Andrew Murrison as I feel so strongly on the subject.
I have smoked 20 a day for 30 years - and believe me I have tried everything to give up.
This is the only thing that has worked for me.
I use an Innokin svd as my regular vape and don't use Tobacco flavours anymore (started with them though)
I now use Bannana flavour as my regular vape.
It cost me about a sixth of my regular Tobacco cost and I feel healthy with no wheezing and can taste again now
I also don't smell like an ashtray.
All of my kit including the liquids are batch tested for strength in mg and are CE and ROHS marked
In respect of the electronics.
Safe and better than Tobacco for getting my
Nicotine hit!

FJ_Biker
04-01-14, 08:39 PM
I only have good things to say about vaping.
I started the end of June 2013 and slowly lowered the nicotine solution down to 0mg in December, had my last vape new years day.
No cravings yet

If anyone else is thinking of vaping do not use the look alike cigarettes you get from the local garage or newsagents, buy a decent kit they start about £40

DC
10-01-14, 03:58 PM
Morning Bob....well done for kicking the habit...I keep trying...will get there one day :)

Hi Annie check out the new ecig shop in RWB The Puffin Hut . That clobber really works !!!:cool:

wiltshire builders
11-01-14, 09:56 AM
Just thought you vapers might find this interesting.
The brewery Greene King (owners of the Hungry horse chain as well as others) have banned all E Cigarettes incase people think they are real cigarettes and take offence. I've never smoked and I think it's disgusting but what I find more offensive is pandering to these idiots.
Personally I'd rather smoke 40 fags than eat at a hungry horse.

DC
11-01-14, 01:20 PM
Just thought you vapers might find this interesting.
The brewery Greene King (owners of the Hungry horse chain as well as others) have banned all E Cigarettes incase people think they are real cigarettes and take offence. I've never smoked and I think it's disgusting but what I find more offensive is pandering to these idiots.

Nice one Dan . I probably wouldn't frequent a place like that anyway , but definitely won't be going there now! There are a lot of establishments blindly banning E- cigs without any real knowledge of the products or the potential health benefits . I suppose that's their prerogative , but the last time I looked there were 1.2 million people using E-cigs in this country alone and that figure is now nearer the 1.6 million mark and they are alienating a pretty large customer base. There's a lot of politics going on world wide just now regarding the use of E-cigs and Governments ( especially ours ) , big tobacco and big pharma are spreading propaganda on a massive scale to try and protect the huge profits and revenue that their products generate .They would sooner see people dead than give up their empires and the tabloid populous which includes chains such as Hungry Horse , Fullers brewery and Wetherspoons are complicit in this genocide.

Rabb
12-01-14, 05:51 PM

I would rather eat 40 fags than eat at a Hungry Horse.

And if you're into hypocrisy - Wetherspoons have banned them too - a little bit ironic really as they have the OK to plant their premises into Motorway service areas - Mmm sounds like a good idea driving long distances and a spot of alcohol....

A case of "Pot &'Kettle" me thinks

Sins
04-02-14, 10:23 AM
Personally I've never smoked..so I'm not coming at this thread as one of those angry people who have given up and believe everyone else should too..
Gone of the days when your came back from a night out and your clothes stunk of stale smoke..or the problems of passive smoking.

But if the people who need to smoke want to use E Cigarettes …more power to them.. they don't smell ….they don't fill the place with smoke. and as a plus point for them it doesn't appear to be bad for your health..

People who think that using them is offensive..they should stay at home and send angry letter to editors about barking dogs and noisy children …get a life!!

I like the fact that when we go out as a group my smoking mates no longer disappear every 30 minutes for a fag..instead they stay with the group and use the non offensive e cig..

Carry on folks doesn't bother me.. you pay the tax on the dam thing..better than throwing your money away on black market rubbish that could have anything in it..