PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

the_lone_wolf
12-11-13, 08:34 PM
Hi all

Not new to riding but new to Wiltshire, know a couple of folks who are on here but hope to meet more...

This is my baby, only got her last week, originally registered at Fowlers but I found her lost and scared in London so had to bring her home...

Give me a wave if you spot me out and about...

http://marklittlewood.eu/stuff/thRC8.1.jpg

http://marklittlewood.eu/stuff/thRC8.2.jpg

http://marklittlewood.eu/stuff/thRC8.3.jpg

Brizzer
12-11-13, 08:42 PM
hello, nice bike you got there

Wes
12-11-13, 08:45 PM
Will do mate, and welcome to WB :)

matthews677
12-11-13, 08:57 PM
hello and welcome. stunning looking bike

Conehead
12-11-13, 09:08 PM
Welcome to WB. Love your baby

Dabz
12-11-13, 09:31 PM
Wow gorgeous bike, stunning! Welcome to WB :)

Nelly
12-11-13, 10:48 PM
Lovely. Welcome :)

Birdylegs
13-11-13, 01:14 AM
Wow nice one mate...hope you have a good time together with it :)

Annie
13-11-13, 07:27 AM
Good morning, like the bike :D

Last Train
13-11-13, 07:37 AM
Mornin lone wolf

:)

Bonnielass
13-11-13, 07:47 AM
Hello and welcome :)

QB1
13-11-13, 08:47 AM
Hi must say what a gorgeous bike. I absolutely love the look of the RC8, am intending to go to Fowlers and try and get a test ride in the spring and assuming I like the ride as much as the looks and sound it's my next bike.

the_lone_wolf
13-11-13, 11:05 AM
Morning everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm just itching to get out and ride the damn thing now!! I've already fitted the JCE exhaust...

I'm no summer only rider, but considering I was out in the car until gone midnight last night and there was grit everywhere I'm waiting for my big bottle of ACF50 to arrive - the bike is sitting naked in the garage waiting for it!!!

I absolutely love the look of the RC8, am intending to go to Fowlers and try and get a test ride in the spring and assuming I like the ride as much as the looks and sound it's my next bike.
The big twin is a lovely motor, I had the 990 version in the Adventure for four years before I recent swapped for this, and the RC8 is similar lower down but just flies after 7k RPM - if you're into V-Twins you'll fall in love instantly, if you're into fours you might take a while to adjust but the 990 was a superb real world engine and the 1190 is similar

Kopite
13-11-13, 12:44 PM
Hello and welcome.

QB1
13-11-13, 01:25 PM
Morning everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm just itching to get out and ride the damn thing now!! I've already fitted the JCE exhaust...

I'm no summer only rider, but considering I was out in the car until gone midnight last night and there was grit everywhere I'm waiting for my big bottle of ACF50 to arrive - the bike is sitting naked in the garage waiting for it!!!

The big twin is a lovely motor, I had the 990 version in the Adventure for four years before I recent swapped for this, and the RC8 is similar lower down but just flies after 7k RPM - if you're into V-Twins you'll fall in love instantly, if you're into fours you might take a while to adjust but the 990 was a superb real world engine and the 1190 is similar

Currently ride a 1000 IL4 but had several big V twins and I do like them. I know what you mean they are different.

Hope you get your ACF 50 soon I use FS 365 as well - got a really good deal for 6 on Ebay worked out about £5 per bottle might be worth thinking about too.

Will keep a listen out for the JCE exhaust on the A350 :D

the_lone_wolf
13-11-13, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure you'll hear it, only run it at idle as she's not insured yet, the amount it's gonna cost I'll get an extra week out of them and insure it when I want to use it

Anyway, ACF-50 arrived this morning, she's been well and truly bathed, probably used way too much but still, everything but the bodywork, tyres and brakes are coated, will wipe it off tomorrow and see what the weather's doing... ;)

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1460257_10152109011806209_701831074_n.jpg

QB1
13-11-13, 03:24 PM
Pretty sure you'll hear it, only run it at idle as she's not insured yet, the amount it's gonna cost I'll get an extra week out of them and insure it when I want to use it

Anyway, ACF-50 arrived this morning, she's been well and truly bathed, probably used way too much but still, everything but the bodywork, tyres and brakes are coated, will wipe it off tomorrow and see what the weather's doing... ;)

It'll stink when you run it :)

WR6133
13-11-13, 03:25 PM
You want to be careful laying it on too thick it'll attract lots of dirt as it'll leave a thick sticky layer on. It's better done with rag and to create a (very) thin coat.

the_lone_wolf
13-11-13, 03:44 PM
I'm going to leave it for 24hrs and give it a good wipe down, so it won't have that much on when it's finished, but yes, don't want it to attract too much dirt, but then again not too fussed about it as it'll get washed every time it goes out over winter (I know, I'm being a tart, lucky that I don't have to commute on the bike!!) - I just want maximum protection :)

And yeah. keep an eye out over Melksham tomorrow for the smoke signal... ;)

Paintman
13-11-13, 06:13 PM
Hello and nice bike, it must sound epic at full chat.:)

Jed
13-11-13, 06:45 PM
hello and welcome.

Vulcanboy
14-11-13, 03:15 PM
Nice Bike! :rolleyes: Richard

the_lone_wolf
14-11-13, 03:50 PM
Thanks all

Bike's now ready, ACF-50'd, exhausted and insured, the weather for the weekend looks chilly but reasonable

Anything happening?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1425685_10152111778951209_1856828251_n.jpg

:D

BB
14-11-13, 07:21 PM
Hi and welcome to WB. Now that does look lovely :cool:

the_lone_wolf
15-11-13, 07:13 PM
Hi again all

First time out this evening, saw a few riders out early from work or catching the last rays of sunshine...

they say bad things come in threes, I should have known something was up when my leathers zipper broke before I left

Got all the way out to Avebury and almost to Swindon and the fuel light came on, turned around and pulled away from the junction and gave it some juice to 4th gear, thought it felt a bit weird, looked down and the clutch lever had fallen off!!

Turned around and had a look but couldn't spot it, decided to head for home and managed to run dry 500m from the petrol station!!!

Still, I'm grinning like a loon, the bike is awesome!! I have the stock levers back on now ready for tomorrow

If anybody spots half a black lever on the southbound carriageway of the A361 between the Broad Hinton and Winterbourne Bassett I'd be much obliged to get it back... :D

grene-knyght
19-11-13, 11:55 PM
Hi there. Awesome bike!

Morticia
21-11-13, 02:50 PM
Dear Lord, what a ridiculously good looking bike that is!!!!

Morticia
21-11-13, 02:50 PM
ooops, yes, and welcome :/

the_lone_wolf
21-11-13, 03:09 PM
Hi again all, thanks for the comments...

Been away this week in London, didn't get chance to post it but got a bloody great screw in the rear tyre last weekend so that's getting replaced tomorrow...

Fingers crossed for a chilly but sunny weekend!!!

Morticia
21-11-13, 03:15 PM
Could do with a ride too! Just became a fair weather rider and IT SUCKS!!!

Julie_S
22-11-13, 05:30 PM
Very nice

Saw you riding by the garage at the top of town last weekend. Nice bike, nice colour. It is going to grate with Mike R that there is now an RC8 in Melksham, so close..!

the_lone_wolf
22-11-13, 09:19 PM
Very nice

Saw you riding by the garage at the top of town last weekend. Nice bike, nice colour. It is going to grate with Mike R that there is now an RC8 in Melksham, so close..!
Thanks, I might have been clutchless and trying not to damage the bike or break my finger so apologies if I didn't nod!!

Don't tell me theres another one nearby? It better not be white as well...!!

Julie_S
23-11-13, 12:17 PM
Haven't seen any others. Just that the RC8 fits Mike like Cinderella's slipper, he has a real hankering for one, he rides, mainly a Street Triple R

the_lone_wolf
23-11-13, 12:50 PM
Ah OK - I used to have a Daytona 675, fabulous engine in those things, was looking at a STriple for a while before I bought the RC8...

Julie_S
24-11-13, 07:28 PM
Saw you in town yesterday but I was on my Lammy, not the Daytona

the_lone_wolf
24-11-13, 11:59 PM
Saw you in town yesterday but I was on my Lammy, not the Daytona
Yep, definitely remember... :)

Had the missus on the back and we were off to Chip'nim and Calne for a hot chocolate, absolutely beautiful day!!! Chilly but so sunny I even had my summer gloves on!!!

Toph
25-11-13, 07:12 PM
Hello Lone Wolf, welcome to Wiltshire Bikers! :)

That KTM is real purdy!

the_lone_wolf
25-11-13, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone

Was out again today, bike is starting to gel, it was even dry enough to start to scrub the new tyre properly...

Bit nippy, but I can managed half hour blasts with ten minutes warming up between with the nice summer gloves, winter gloves would be better but I really don't like riding in them...

Swanny
28-11-13, 07:09 PM
Hello there :cool:
Great looking bike