PDA

View Full Version : Hayballs motorcycles - Salisbury

Trev
26-10-13, 09:14 PM
Hayballs have an open weekend to showcase the Enfield range that they have just got the franchise for. I'm going to pop over on Sunday if any WB'ers Salisbury way, I'll be on a white NC700X. Always fancied trying an Enfield and the new cafe racer looks very pretty.

matthews677
26-10-13, 10:36 PM
i was down there today and taking my bike down for valuation tomorrow afternoon at about half 2. some nice machines in there and the cake was free ;)

Conehead
27-10-13, 01:08 AM
Bugger, I am just up the road but busy. Maybe next time

WR6133
27-10-13, 07:30 AM
Might pop over there in the afternoon depending on weather (spent yesterday soaked so not again today). Will be on a burgundy Chinese 125 with brakes that squeak like a rabid parrot.

Mal103
27-10-13, 08:50 AM
What time are you going and is anyone going from Warminster A36?

Mal103
27-10-13, 02:27 PM
The weather has changed it's mind... maybe another time

WR6133
27-10-13, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately some tw@ rear ended my wife's car on the way to Salisbury so I don't get to go.

Trev
27-10-13, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope all okay?
I was at Hayballs when they opened at ten, stayed just over an hour (free tea and cakes!) and a fair few bikes came in.

Trev
27-10-13, 08:00 PM
I took an Enfield out for a spin, the inappropriately named Desert Storm. I'n not into this type of bike or even cruisers or similar so was prepared to be completely underwhelmed but it was a real laugh. For sure not quick and pretty vibey when I saw 80 on the speedo but that's not what it's meant for, decent brakes, suspension, proper lights, even self cancelling indicators and lovely, chuggy mottor.
Actually found myself thinking if I could find a cheap one, high rise exhaust, decent knobblies and it would make a nice foul weather weekend ride for back roads and tracks, anyone on here got one?

WR6133
27-10-13, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope all okay?
I was at Hayballs when they opened at ten, stayed just over an hour (free tea and cakes!) and a fair few bikes came in.

Was low speed (we were stationary the muppet drove in to us at about 30) so we are fine, just mangled the back bumper on the car and shocked the Mrs. The guy admitted fault there and to his insurers already so it should be straight forward.

Conehead
27-10-13, 08:56 PM
Was low speed (we were stationary the muppet drove in to us at about 30) so we are fine, just mangled the back bumper on the car and shocked the Mrs. The guy admitted fault there and to his insurers already so it should be straight forward.

Sorry to hear that and good to hear youre both ok. Dont hold your hopes up as insurance is never straight forward but fingers crossed for you.

matthews677
28-10-13, 07:46 PM
i was there at 2pm yesterday and test rode the vfr800. really wanted it to only find my current insurance company wont touch me on it. on a positive though i won a moto gp t-shirt in the raffle that they had :)

Trev
28-10-13, 08:16 PM
I saw the VFR, very nice. I had a text today to say I've won a raffle prize, hopefully one of the monkey bikes!

nelsonmf
07-12-13, 07:34 PM
Oh man... missed this one. Must come to the forum more often. I live 5 minutes walking from hayball motorcycles.

Matthews677 are you changing bike?

matthews677
07-12-13, 08:11 PM
i'm debating changing. although after riding mine back after the test ride i'm glad i didnt get the vfr. i am still thinking about changing though if the right bike comes along.

nelsonmf
07-12-13, 08:13 PM
i'm debating changing. although after riding mine back after the test ride i'm glad i didnt get the vfr. i am still thinking about changing though if the right bike comes along.

The VFR looks like a bit for old man... in my opinion you should keep yours ;)