PDA

View Full Version : General advise please?

Mrs Gooz
19-10-13, 12:26 PM
Hi all,

Well so far so good, thanks to the amazing patience of Mr Able I now only have my Mod 2 to pass. So I am now looking at making my little Babyblade more 'mine'..........It is black which is perfect for me, but it has yellow on the lower fairings.
Those of you that know me will not be surprised to hear I want to make it black & purple, so..........Best way that won't break the bank?

I have seen the complete fairings kit on Ebay from good ole China, but something is telling me these won't be as they are supposed to be?

Advise please?

Thanks in advance :D

Red Zed 1
19-10-13, 12:47 PM
get the lower panels resprayed..rattle cans would do a fairly decent job(rob-get busy)or remove panels and ask local bodyshop for quote..i did lukes bandit in my shed with rattle cans and the finish was really good..

Swanny
19-10-13, 12:57 PM
Skippy's a great sprayer. He will give you a price for painting if you want to do that.

WR6133
19-10-13, 12:58 PM
I've heard elsewhere the fairings kits from China are meant to be ok. You have to use the complete kit though the fitting problems apparently sprout from mixing the original parts with the aftermarket parts. That said though a lot of motorcycle stuff from China is knocked out from multiple factories (they even rip each other off) so 1 kit maybe decent and 1 may not (even though they appear identical), getting the good parts can be pot luck unless you know someone who bought from a certain seller already and did good.

As you only want to do the bottoms though it'd be cheaper to rattle can it, however if you do replace all the fairings when you come to sell it you have a set of original perfect condition fairings to put on it.

Conehead
19-10-13, 02:11 PM
Rattle cans, loads of sandpaper and loads of patience

Mrs Gooz
21-10-13, 10:24 PM
Hhmmm, thought the china option would be too easy lol. Will have to smile sweetly at Rob I think to get my bike pretty!

Uber Dave
22-10-13, 04:46 PM
Vinyl and a hair drier? The vinyl is not that expensive and if you get bored of purple just warm it back up, peal it off and put different stuff on.

There are stacks of videos on YouTube on how to apply it and on a single small bit of panel it wouldnt be that hard either.

Loops
23-10-13, 05:23 PM
I was just about to suggest vinyl too, allows you to put it back as it was later - or start again if you mess up!

8_ball
23-10-13, 07:07 PM
Give Stu a call, Protint he would do a good job and it will not break the bank. http://www.protintuk.co.uk/
A real nice guy and a bit of a bike nut too. Known him for years

SupeRDel
27-10-13, 12:05 AM
Got a section of fairing from china for my brother in laws old CBR600 a few months back. Price was cheap enough to make you think it was too cheap.

Turned out to be perfect ok and good quality.

As with most parts you think you will get better quality if you buy off a UK supplier. Absolute tosh - the suppliers are getting their stock from them and trebling the price.