PDA

View Full Version : Deer deterrent

Nokesy
18-10-13, 01:43 PM
http://www.presentsformen.co.uk/mobile/deer-deterrent-prod14509/?src=base&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&gclid=covihmy0h7ocfclhtaodjbwa2g

Ade
18-10-13, 03:39 PM
You gonna put one on your bike ?????

Conehead
18-10-13, 04:33 PM
Sounds like **** to me.

WR6133
18-10-13, 04:50 PM
Just hope it isn't the same frequency as a dog whistle or you may gain a pack of hounds.

I'd prefer a Pheasant deterrent hit 2 of them this year the things are suicidal

Swanny
18-10-13, 06:52 PM
Sounds like **** to me.
How do you know what it sounds like?? ;)

Nokesy
18-10-13, 08:05 PM
I don't know if it works or not but I'd say £7.99 is worth the gamble! I'll never forget seeing Judy after her run-in with one ... Dare I mention Christmas stocking ideas?! (Bit early I know!)

BB
18-10-13, 09:27 PM
The boys at work gave me a deer deterrent whistle when I made it back to work but I never did get round to fitting it :D

Nokesy
19-10-13, 12:36 AM
Well if you haven't then maybe no one will!!! Might explain lack of product reviews!! 😃

andysmith91
19-10-13, 10:31 AM
I brought one of these a few years ago, then advertised as the whistler in my IAM magazine. Did it work ? We'll I can tell you that driving home in the small hours from work, Rabbits in the verge, pigeons and crows in the road did take flight as i approached them. Also witnessed by friends travelling in the car, I went on to Order a further 5 for them. I also fitted one to my klr 650 but it may have just been the noise from that that made them run. Won't work above 35mph I believe so that you can safely pass horses ect. .

Conehead
19-10-13, 11:00 AM
How do you know what it sounds like?? ;)

Superman hearing, ;)

shiftyblake
22-10-13, 02:35 PM
I looked at some so called scientific studies. It said that many of the whistles worked way beyond a deers hearing range. Plus the decibels are only just louder than a car. So even if it was at a frequency the deer could hear, if you are louder than a car. aka after market exhaust the deer wont hear it over the racket !
Your exhaust may just scare them more than a whistle. My risk reduction technique for deer strikes is to clench my butt cheeks tight, pray and look around furtively as I pass through Savernake Forrest. I did whack a MonkJack Deer in a Type R once and they are very heavy little fekkers. Just like Rudolph I did get it airborne.