PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Mal103
13-10-13, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone, just got back onto 2 wheels after a loooong break and looking for like minded nutters, possibly the odd ride out or meet.

I'm mid 40's and rode for years many years ago from age 16, had a string of 125's mainly to get to work on, passed my test before they changed the rules. Then came kids and cars for years, been wanting to get back onto a bike for a while and because i commute to Bristol along winding roads I keep wearing out cars - then my neighbour announced she was selling her 400 Bandit that is immaculate and only done 13k.
Sold my old Land Rover that had been sitting doing nothing all year and had the money in my hand for about 10 minutes before taking it next door to swap for the keys.

I had a test ride before buying and kicked myself for not doing it earlier, it felt as though I had never been off of one. Taken it easy as the Bandit is fast, I was looking for a CB500 or something basic to get started on, I was used to opening the throttle and waiting - not a chance with the Bandit, it just keeps accellerating.
So far replaced the throttle cable twice as the first one broke when fitting. Also raised it with new links and it feels more comfortable now.

I live near Warminster so would be keen to find out if there are any ride outs or meets nearby.

Conehead
13-10-13, 02:22 PM
Welcome to WB. There are monthly rideouts (check out the rideout section) and they usually go from Trowbridge McDonalds.

Dabz
13-10-13, 02:34 PM
Welcome :)

Last Train
13-10-13, 02:57 PM
Afternoon

:)

Kopite
13-10-13, 04:47 PM
Hello and welcome.

Uber Dave
13-10-13, 04:56 PM
Hello, welcome to WB!

Wes
13-10-13, 05:06 PM
Hello :)

shiftyblake
13-10-13, 08:40 PM
Welcome

BB
13-10-13, 09:09 PM
Hi and welcome to WB :cool:

Annie
14-10-13, 08:30 AM
Morning, enjoy your new found 'freedom' :)

Swanny
14-10-13, 08:49 AM
Hi Mal I see you're a fellow Karate man. :D
I guess being from Warminster you must practice Shotkan??

Vulcanboy
14-10-13, 10:27 AM
Welcome to WB. I see you like bikes, karate, & cider, and work in IT, and were in the forces. I like bikes, karate (20 yrs in Kyokushin) & beer, worked in IT, and worked for MOD, so we probably have nothing in common! :rolleyes:

Nelly
14-10-13, 10:28 AM
Hello and welcome :)

matthews677
14-10-13, 06:28 PM
hello and welcome

Swanny
14-10-13, 07:25 PM
, karate (20 yrs in Kyokushin)
Never heard of that but it looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FB8hPmsg28

Mal103
14-10-13, 10:45 PM
Welcome to WB. I see you like bikes, karate, & cider, and work in IT, and were in the forces. I like bikes, karate (20 yrs in Kyokushin) & beer, worked in IT, and worked for MOD, so we probably have nothing in common! :rolleyes:

Favourite colour Blue....?

Swanny - yep, Shotokan. Not too different to Kyokushin which is very much about full contact, we train more to get in - strike - get out.

Swanny
15-10-13, 09:00 AM
I had a go at Shotokai about 12 years ago but only for a month or so. I study Shotokai which is very similar to Shotokai but a bit more fluid and more about blending with the attack and using their power against them. We use weapons as well which is my favourite bit :D

If you or Vulcanboy fancy coming along for a free lesson it would be great to see you

Details about my Dojo here http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/showthread.php?31339-Karate-Do-Shotokai

Mal103
15-10-13, 09:27 PM
Do you only train on Mondays as i teach at Beckington on a Monday... Would be good to get along to train or you are welcome to join us, maybe on a Wednesday at Westbury.
www.mushinshotokankarate.co.uk (http://www.mushinshotokankarate.co.uk)

Vulcanboy
16-10-13, 06:36 AM
Nope ... Red !

Favourite colour Blue....?

Swanny - yep, Shotokan. Not too different to Kyokushin which is very much about full contact, we train more to get in - strike - get out.

Swanny
16-10-13, 09:30 AM
Do you only train on Mondays as i teach at Beckington on a Monday... Would be good to get along to train or you are welcome to join us, maybe on a Wednesday at Westbury.
www.mushinshotokankarate.co.uk (http://www.mushinshotokankarate.co.uk)

Yea would be good to have a look one day, always interesting to see how others train and see the differences between styles.
Our styles are basically the same but we don't Kiai and our bodies are more relaxed.

Dawn has a class on Saturdays in Bath and we also train on Sundays at
Hawkesbury Upton Village Hall with Maria Marfleet who is technical director for Severn Area Shotokai.

But I'm usually out on the bike on Sundays in the summer :cool: but I do the day courses when they're on

There is a Bo staff class at Bath Uni which I've been along to a couple of times which is interesting but it's a pain in the bum to get to

shane21
18-10-13, 10:14 AM
Hello and welcome