PDA

View Full Version : The poor old dear needs the money

Swanny
11-10-13, 02:17 PM
‘The Queen is set to receive an inflation-busting 22 per cent ‘pay rise’ over two years, according to new official figures.

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Queen-of-pain-suffering-and-poverty.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452911/Queen-given-pay-rise-Her-Majesty-receive-22-increase-years.html

Kick them out I say :p

Nelly
11-10-13, 03:09 PM
Not enough. I think she deserves around a 30% increase for the work she does.

Birdylegs
11-10-13, 04:51 PM
I Can't afford to even buy a stamp to lick her backside whippey.

Swanny
11-10-13, 06:22 PM
Why stop there? Just give her a 100% increase :D

I think all the royals need more money just for being such lovely kind and generous people.
Wouldn't want them having to chose between heat or food this winter would we ;)

RedSoul
11-10-13, 06:46 PM

Well said Nelly

DC
11-10-13, 06:53 PM
God Save The Queen !!!

Last Train
11-10-13, 07:02 PM
Ere' Liz,

I've seen this really nice bike I wanna buy, can you lend me a few bob ? :D

Swanny
11-10-13, 07:28 PM
God Save The Queen !!!

Sorry to inform you but there is no god ;) if there was one I reckon he'd give her to the devil and let her burn in hell
Mind you she probably owns hell

WR6133
11-10-13, 08:02 PM
You do know she doesn't own even a fraction of that land right? The figure is going by some dated feudal notion that she owns every piece of land in the commonwealth that figure assumes she personally owns entire nations, including Canada 2nd largest nation by landmass in the world and your house + garden (possibly not as epic as Canada).

Stuntsunlimited
11-10-13, 08:08 PM
Saw all the slaves at royal ascot this year giving her a good clap and cheer - all dressed the same. Jeans and bike jacket for me. Talks about austerity in a hat worth millions!

redken1
11-10-13, 10:21 PM
Unlike most of her 'subjects' of her generation, at least the unelected elitist head of state can rely on the taxpayer to meet the 8.2 per cent increase in her heating bill this winter. Quite surprised the government have not sold the monarchy off to rich Arabs or Americans. Lol

DC
12-10-13, 12:20 AM
Unlike most of her 'subjects' of her generation, at least the unelected elitist head of state can rely on the taxpayer to meet the 8.2 per cent increase in her heating bill this winter. Quite surprised the government have not sold the monarchy off to rich Arabs or Americans. Lol

Nice to have you back Ken !!! :cool:

Dabz
12-10-13, 09:30 AM
Another misguided political JPEG created for Facebook based on incorrect information

God bless our country full of armchair politicians who would rather spend their time making images for people to 'like' on Facebook instead of putting effort into making things better for themselves

Trev
12-10-13, 10:17 AM
Another misguided political JPEG created for Facebook based on incorrect information

God bless our country full of armchair politicians who would rather spend their time making images for people to 'like' on Facebook instead of putting effort into making things better for themselves

Agreed - our country isn't perfect, same as life, but it's way better place to live than many others and the beauty of the global economy we live in is that if the UK really is that bad just up sticks and move to somewhere you think is better. Good luck with that BTW.

Swanny
12-10-13, 11:26 AM
England is a beautiful country with some wonderful people but it also has parasites like the royal family which should have been removed a long time ago

Swanny
12-10-13, 11:51 AM

Wrong again

http://www.businessinsider.com/worlds-biggest-landowners-2011-3?op=1

http://www.whoownstheworld.com/about-the-book/largest-landowner/

http://www.newstatesman.com/global-issues/2011/03/land-queen-world-australia

If the Queen could convert her landholdings into cash, she would not only be the richest individual on earth, but also the richest person who has ever lived.

I read somewhere that it would cost $50 billion to give everyone on the planet fresh clean drinking water.
The queen has the money to do that but chooses not to. What does that say about her??
She's nothing more than a selfish, evil old bitch who sits in her palace while people around the world die and does nothing to help. **** her

RedSoul
12-10-13, 03:42 PM
Time for you to put your tin hat on Swanny and climb back into your padded cell lol

redken1
12-10-13, 05:27 PM
Not so sure that all the content of your original post is factually correct Swanny, but I do agree with your sentiment. To be fair, there is a lot of misinformation from both the republican and the royalist camps. For me as a true democrat I could never square the circle of supporting an unelected head of state. For those regal supporters who peddle the argument that she has no real power it’s worth noting that a newly elected Westminster MP or MSP in Scotland must take an oath swearing allegiance to the monarch before thye can take up their seat in the respective parliaments.

Moreover, Idon't know if people realise this, but in Westminster if you refuse to take the oath your seat remains vacant until the next election. In the Scottish Parliament, if you don't take the oath within two months of being elected there is an immediate by-election. Ironic and certainly undemocratic when you consider that since the inception of Holyrood in 1999 numerous MSPs were elected pledging to abolish the monarchy.

Trev
12-10-13, 05:59 PM
"The queen has the money to do that but chooses not to. What does that say about her??
She's nothing more than a selfish, evil old bitch who sits in her palace while people around the world die and does nothing to help. **** her"

Woah, you must have had a very bad experience with an old queen somewhere along the line to feel that venomous about an old lady.

Even though I respect your right to hold your views I really don't get how anyone can harbour such a huge negative strength of feeling about the monarchy in this day and age. I'm probably just about pro-monarchy but not really fussed either way, other things are way more important for me. I think I recognise when I'm out of my depth so will leave the discussion to those more interested in the subject - no pun intended ; )

Birdylegs
12-10-13, 08:42 PM
Looked about a bit and can't post anything bad about queen hear jail cold this time of year. But read a few jems to avoid paying for stamps but address as return address and make up address on front to deliver your mail or cover stamp in glue then clean post mark and reuse I know working class won't save much but will at least we might get some more work done. ;)

Swanny
12-10-13, 09:39 PM
Woah, you must have had a very bad experience with an old queen somewhere along the line to feel that venomous about an old lady.

I just don't like to see people with that amount of money not helping people. What good is money to her she doesn't need any and she could do a hell of a lot for humanity but instead she does nothing.

If someone gave you £50 billion and told you for £49 billion you could give everyone access to clean water you would jump at the chance to do so
What has she ever done to help anyone??

WR6133
12-10-13, 10:18 PM
I just don't like to see people with that amount of money not helping people. What good is money to her she doesn't need any and she could do a hell of a lot for humanity but instead she does nothing.

If someone gave you £50 billion and told you for £49 billion you could give everyone access to clean water you would jump at the chance to do so
What has she ever done to help anyone??

You do understand for her to get that money she would have to sell amongst other things the entire nation and the entire nation of Canada (and not just the empty bits but things like YOUR house).

I have to ask are you trolling or do you genuinely not understand that all that land figure is based on an impossible old feudal notion?

Stuntsunlimited
13-10-13, 01:03 AM
So what do they actually do for us as a people? Could someone enlighten me... Do they bring tourist revenue, or tradition. You'll be telling me there's a god next!

Birdylegs
13-10-13, 04:09 AM
The queen made us a profit of 230.9 mill http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/8627800/More-than-ever-the-Royal-Family-is-worth-every-penny.html but sorry no god 128

WR6133
13-10-13, 08:29 AM
So what do they actually do for us as a people? Could someone enlighten me... Do they bring tourist revenue, or tradition. You'll be telling me there's a god next!

The tourism created is pretty huge. Not just to London but other palaces/castles, places like Windsor would be nothing's if it wasn't for their Crown Residences.

Many of the estates actually turn a profit which she dopes not keep but goes to the treasury (especially Prince Charles, you can even buy his stuff in Waitrose), I think but I maybe wrong here that if her profits were kept by her and not put in the public kitty she would actually not cost us anything, the whole costing us money thing comes from the fact they take all her profits from her making it public money and then give her some back to her as a handout.

Also her foreign trips do raise the profile of Britain, China sends Panda's on loan to aid diplomacy, we send a little pensioner with a crown and people love it. Go abroad to some places and when the locals realise you are a Brit you will be hounded with questions about the Royals. Also she is politically neutral this means she can be dispatched to nations our politicians may not agree with (or that hate us) or to meet leaders that politicians may find embarrassing (bashar assad and the like).

Swanny
13-10-13, 10:06 AM
Sorry but the tourism argument doesn't work

Martin (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/registration/4408058/Martin/profile.html), Bury, 1 day ago
Good for tourism you say! France had over 70 million visitors and China had 55.98 million compared to the UK's 31 million, so they're not the crowd pullers you think they are, do you seriously think tourists visit this country just to stand outside Buckingham palace on a cold wet day just to see if they catch a glimpse of the Queen to give her a wave? that old "good for tourism argument is old hat now!

We are number 8 on the list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

She's a waste of money

Dabz
13-10-13, 10:59 AM
At the point that Wikipedia is used as a reference I'm afraid I step out. Point proven.

Trev
13-10-13, 04:07 PM
At the point that Wikipedia is used as a reference I'm afraid I step out. Point proven.

You mean not 100% factually correct? That's it, back to bikes for me then ; )

pilninggas
13-10-13, 05:29 PM
Sorry but the tourism argument doesn't work

We are number 8 on the list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

She's a waste of money

Surely ranking 8th out of 200-odd countries is pretty good?

redken1
13-10-13, 05:53 PM
I have been listening to the same old arguments about the monarchy from both camps for nearly forty years. Claim and counterclaim –whether or not the whole royal package generates more revenue in tourism than the amount it receives form the taxpayer. Whether or not the royals enhance our reputation abroad and so on. Of course, depending on what side of the fence you sit on, most of the claims are disputable. For me it is it is about two indisputable facts. Firstly, our head of state is not elected by the people and secondly the people have never been asked if they are happy to keep an unelected head of state. People often ask me why am I so anti-monarchy. I have no personal grudge against any of the royals, I do believe however, in a fair democracy based on equality. I’m not anti-monarchy, I’m pro-democracy.

Last Train
13-10-13, 06:39 PM
Ere' Liz,

I've seen this really nice bike I wanna buy, can you lend me a few bob ? :D

Bump....

;)

Swanny
13-10-13, 07:16 PM

You never seem able to put forward a good point of view anyway :p

Dabz
13-10-13, 07:45 PM
You never seem able to put forward a good point of view anyway :p

A "good" one meaning one that agrees with the daily mail type politics that keeps being posted?

Swanny
13-10-13, 07:48 PM
No. I've noticed many times that instead of putting forward a point if view that shows that you have looked into the subject you just tend to try and insult.

Dabz
13-10-13, 07:51 PM
I just don't have the time to waste googling for abstract "facts" that will back up my views to try to convince other forum members I'm right. Instead I'm busy creating jobs and contributing to the economy.

Swanny
13-10-13, 07:59 PM
Well stop being trying to insult then or just keep your nose out.

Dabz
13-10-13, 08:03 PM
Erm...I'll keep my nose out when I choose to keep my nose out. Let's not forget whose forum this is. If I choose to contribute I will.

*waits for the appearance of a poor quality Facebook image about democracy* :p

Swanny
13-10-13, 08:07 PM
Erm...I'll keep my nose out when I choose to keep my nose out. Let's not forget whose forum this is. If I choose to contribute I will.

*waits for the appearance of a poor quality Facebook image about democracy* :p

Sorry I thought it was Wiltshire Bikers forum not Dabs forum

Anyway I can't be arsed to waste my time arguing with you. You know what I think of you.

Dabz
13-10-13, 08:10 PM
You're right,a forum for all. So what gives you the right to suggest when people keep their noses out?

If you don't like me, you're free to leave. I'm not going anywhere so pipe down and learn to live with me, or take your political campaigning elsewhere

Swanny
13-10-13, 08:14 PM
You're boring me now but before I leave this thread just one question. Does being part of the admin team of a forum give you the right to insult others?? :confused:

Dabz
13-10-13, 08:23 PM
No, but it doesn't take away the right to...

shiftyblake
13-10-13, 08:40 PM
Set the fekkin badgers on the lot of them !!! :D

BB
13-10-13, 09:22 PM
Swanny, give it a rest. We are all entitled to our own opinions without insisting on inflicting them on others. Does being part of a forum give anyone the right to insult others?

Trev
13-10-13, 09:31 PM
You do understand for her to get that money she would have to sell amongst other things the entire nation and the entire nation of Canada (and not just the empty bits but things like YOUR house).

I have to ask are you trolling or do you genuinely not understand that all that land figure is based on an impossible old feudal notion?

Mrs Queen, please don't sell my house to help other people, I've worked bloody hard to pay off the mortgage early and didn't realise you could sell it. No probs if you want to sell Canada though, been there once and not planning to go back..

BTW, how much do you want for that sticky out bit at the top of Scotland? Can't be much as bugger all goes on there but some decent biking roads so drop me line before you put it on fleabay

Ade
13-10-13, 09:41 PM
Yawn yawn .... again.

Dan505
14-10-13, 12:54 PM
Mrs Queen, please don't sell my house to help other people, I've worked bloody hard to pay off the mortgage early and didn't realise you could sell it. No probs if you want to sell Canada though, been there once and not planning to go back..

BTW, how much do you want for that sticky out bit at the top of Scotland? Can't be much as bugger all goes on there but some decent biking roads so drop me line before you put it on fleabay

best post of the thread.FACT! (Wiki poll says so too, so there :P )