PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Waistcoat

XJ
11-10-13, 08:26 AM
Has anybody got or seen these before ? http://youtu.be/iaRUSZTOwZw

The reason Im asking, I was coming back from a ride last Sunday and a bloke had an accident where he slid on some gravel and was wearing one. It worked a treat.

Although very expensive, what price do you put on your own safety ?

Anyone considered buying one ?

Swanny
11-10-13, 08:37 AM
From underneath the vid

I got one of these and i have accadentaly triggered it 3 times now, mostly when just getting off my bike and forgetting the strap. The other time i just leaned back to get rid of some back pain. Otherwise its saved me from some roadrashes. love this product.

I've seen jackets with built in airbags that look better

XJ
11-10-13, 08:41 AM
The same company make them. £500 +

Dan505
11-10-13, 03:26 PM
i'd prob forget when getting petrol...... :(

bubblylittleme
11-10-13, 04:58 PM
I forget to unplug my heated gear so not good idea for me lol

shiftyblake
12-10-13, 03:44 PM
Same, I bounce off my bike with my heated gloves disconnecting through inertia. In a REAL accident as it takes over 1 metre at 30 miles an hour to inflate , you would have already ripped your naggers off on your screen flown through to the passenger seat nutting the driver on the way only then to have your airbag jacket add insult to injury by blowing up as you finally come to rest on the passengers lap.:cool:

Vulcanboy
12-10-13, 09:26 PM
Hmmm ... I saw a Goldwing at Blade Honda in Swindon today, and it had an airbag ..... just how does that work? :confused:

shiftyblake
13-10-13, 08:44 PM
They are massive airbags, used to work for Honda's HQ in Slough, Its a whopper but not ever heard of it saving anybody. Would have to be a fairly upright T bone to be of use.