PDA

View Full Version : Any one good with electrics

jack930
04-10-13, 05:55 PM
I got a Datatool system 3 on the bike, and its a pain. giving me some probs, however im no good with electrics,, any one willing to offer me a hand removing it.. willing to travel just to get rid of the DAM THING lol PLEASE HELP!

Brizzer
04-10-13, 06:47 PM
have a search on Google and it tells you what wires to cut to bypass it, I have 1 on my bike and its fine once you get used to it, what's your problem with it ?

Birdylegs
04-10-13, 06:51 PM
Mines been disconnected fuse and earth are off but being hard wired in I might need a new loom to clean it up.

Annie
04-10-13, 07:05 PM
Why don't you have a chat with TWS, he has rewired my Trike, twice, I had a fuel fire, but we don't talk about that :p.
He does all of 'r lot' with electrical problems.
Have a chat with him and in some cases he can even sort it on the phone.
You can get hold of him on 01285 238419 or. 07748572826. His name is TICH
If he doesn't answer leave a message, he's always up to his elbows in electricals.....
Address :- Unit 10, Lakeside Business Park, South Cerney, Glos. GL7 5XL

jack930
04-10-13, 07:21 PM
The prob ,, random alarms, i just wont it removed plus batt drain, i have no power in the garage

Cheers Annie, ill try him tomoz.

wheelers
04-10-13, 09:39 PM
tich isn't home until sunday, celebrating his 50th in the home land (Scotland), we are booked in for Monday for a job and Tuesday to Thursday he is in Ashton Keynes wiring a Rolls Royce , so a bit busy this week.

Dan505
04-10-13, 11:36 PM
Disconnect battery, find alarm and trace each wire back to main loom, where it meets loom disconnect/cut and repatch main loom wires (bridge the gaps where the alarm wires were) and loom/bike should be back to original status. Or check alarm internal battery is sound and no water ingress as had this problem on my impreza with played havoc with the alarms ECU. Am in Swindon if you still need someone to take a (amatuer) eye over the setup

jack930
05-10-13, 12:06 AM
Cheers Dan,, would be good to get it done tomoz, if ya feel up to it. two heads are better than one i guess.. ill pm you my No. giz a shout if it ok