PDA

View Full Version : WHO WE ARE

Beamer
29-09-13, 08:22 PM
I was thinking (unusual for me I know)

Would it be a good idea to have a thread for us members that have been here for quite a while to introduce ourselves properly ??

It would be nice for newbies to be able to have a little bit of knowledge about us, as those that have known each other for a long time we might sound all cliquey and friendly....this could seem rather off putting to the newbie and they might feel uncomfy joining a thread if there is a lot of banter going on etc.

I shall start the ball rolling ...a bit

Im Tina Beamer
I ride an ER6f and have had a full licence for all of 4 months as my 2 year restriction came off in May.
I am classed as short (no idea why) and a bit nutty.
I try to help out a lot within the club whenever time and work/home commitments allow.
I only get out on my bike a bit but love it when I do.
Im one of the more mature (in age only) members and at nearly 47 Im one of the most clumsy.

Anyway, thats me...sort of.

Dan505
30-09-13, 10:01 PM
Clumsy? Really? Never knew, full of real life wisdom yes but clumsy? :p

Dan505
30-09-13, 10:04 PM
I'm Dan, ride a SV650 (or whatever i can get my hands on) and i'm the joker (one of many) or arse depending on whos asking!

simongpz
25-10-13, 09:39 PM
ok sounds like a good idea
im simon ride a gpz500 and now a gsx750f aswell been riding for more years than I can remember self employed forgetfull and sometimes lazy

8_ball
01-11-13, 12:20 AM
Im 8ball, (odd ball) i ride a triumph t595,, rat thing. during the day I'm sensibly and drive for bookers... during the time off im a dad of 3 and live to ride.
Love carving leather and generally pulling things apart and devolving them !!! approachable, dry witted and an old git lol

Trev
01-11-13, 08:20 AM
Trev, have a few bikes from Yam V50 through to GSXR1100K, dad of 3 (now grown up) kids, own my own business. Have been riding since I was a kid, passed my test at 17 (okay turned up sober!) on my first Suzuki X7 and have owned over 50 bikes - I just love the variety! Interests are family, bikes, travel, business and friends and working out how the hell to fit the time in for all.
Although a WB member I actually live in Hampshire (heresy) near Ringwood on the edge of the New Forest so don't get to many meets.

Senna(Dan)
01-11-13, 12:10 PM
I'm Dan
I ride either an MV Agusta F4 Senna or Triumph Street Triple depending on my mood.
I work for the RAF for my sins.
I volunteer for The Bike Experience at Silverstone whenever I can.
Riding is my life and enjoy every time I go out.
Currently live in Carterton but make as many meets as I can.

Conehead
01-11-13, 07:42 PM
I am Conehead (Craig) and my wife named my bike SSB (Stupid Selfish Bike) probably because it gets more attention than she does. ;)

I ride a '92 Triumph Daytona (Hinckley) 1000 for my sins.

Proud father of 3 kids (2 girls aged 5 and 2 and 1 boy aged 11 weeks) Yes the TV was broken ;)

Ride when I can and live in Salisbury.

Kevinb
07-11-13, 01:02 PM
I'm Kevin married with a daughter and 7 year old petrol head grandson, live in Trowbridge and ride a Yamaha 1700cc MT-01 also have a 1981 Honda CM250 and a Yamaha SR125. Don't really do bike nights or ride outs but do like having a chat when I do see people an been using this forum for years.

Nelly
07-11-13, 01:29 PM
I'm Neil but most people call me Nelly. I've been loitering around on here for a few years now. I am currently down to a single bike at present, my trusty Honda CBR1100xx Super Blackbird. Been riding since 1982 (my first bike was a Suzuki ZR50 special). I passed my test on 14th Dec 1984. Back in the days when you had to be able to say hello, read a number plate, ride around in a circle and pretend you knew what you were doing when the examiner (on foot) appeared. I still learn stuff now when I'm out on my bike.
If i'm not on the bike, then i'm probably asleep, at work in a secret military location (not really), or on here. I can be heard on the radio. I look after the Thursday night mayhem on www.bikerfm.co.uk (shameless plug ;-))

Nico_babe
07-11-13, 02:06 PM
Hi I'm Nicky. Ride a Gixxer 6 K7 and sometimes my other half's ZX6R. Work hard, play harder. Have 2 kids who will soon be joining the scooter clan. I am quiet but love to go out and be around my bikers mates so say hello if you see me. I am definitely a fair weather rider so you wont catch me out in winter :)

Kopite
07-11-13, 04:14 PM
Hi I'm Dennis. I've been riding bikes for 30+ years now and have had about 20. Currently riding a Triumph America ( in all weathers). Married, 3 kids. 1 mortgage, live in Chippenham. Have a wicked sense of humour ( bit of a screw loose!), and regularly attend the Harp and Crown.

Morticia
21-11-13, 02:58 PM
Maca here, sv-650/gladius mix that is the absolute love of my life and might even take to vegas and have Elvis marry us and gsx-r 650, which is a naughty boy! Always wants to go that little bit faster...

I am, according to the last argument "volatile and difficult to live with" All true too!

Hazel-nut
14-12-13, 09:42 AM
I'm Hazel and although I don't currently own a bike I have passed my test! I had a ybr 125 which I absolutely loved, followed by a gs500 which I failed to click with properly even with all the miles I did. I now ride pillion on my husbands street triple which is far easier hehe. My husband is the one and only Dabz (the boss)

simmons250
14-12-13, 11:46 AM
hi I'm lee from Trowbridge new to road bikes but have been riding motocross for a few years and various off road bikes. my road bike is a Honda cbr 600f which i love i also have a yamaha dt 125 which i have own for 8 years and im currently rebuilding

Annie
15-12-13, 09:59 AM
OK..I'm Annie and I live in Swindon.
Been on and around bikes since I was 2 when my Dad used to sit me on the handlebars of his 250 something, I was so young....!!!! and go down the alley behind our house.
Had loads of different bikes, but loved my Honda 750 4 F1 and then fell in love with my Kwack 1000 LTD.
Had to give up 2 wheels a few years ago due to a duff left hip and leg, so it bye bye to my Harley. Now riding my trusty Trike built for me by my hubby, 10 years now and he's still 'fettling'..:rolleyes:
Own my own business and basically love my job as it was my hobby, so all is grand.
Became a Grand parent in June, won't be long and he'll be fettling with Grampy.

Rabb
15-12-13, 12:52 PM
I'm Andy and have come back to bikes after a few too many years.
My ride is a GSXR 600 in 'Classic Blue & White'
She is 14 years old and I love her dearly (The best £1500 that I have ever spent)
I ride throughout the year and love every minute.
I do about 15 - 17000 miles a year on a bike and wouldnt swap back to a car now.
I am married and our son has flown the nest. I work and play very hard.
Apart from bike riding I am a mountaineer, enjoying traditional climbing and freeclimbing
(Yep I'm an adrenalin junkie)

nelsonmf
15-12-13, 01:47 PM
I'm Nelson... Was that obvious?
I'm a Portuguese 36 year old guy paying for his sins in the English cold rainy weather. Been in England since April 2010.
I always loved bikes since was a kid. Got my first bike last year, a yamaha virago 535, how I miss her, always made me smile even just by looking at her. Got now a triumph street triple 675 which also makes me smile but also scared to death.
I love adrenaline and despite not enjoying heights, I love climbing. I spend most of my free time in the gym (no kids, no wife... or girlfriend haha).

Edit: I live in Salisbury and you will probably see me with a helmet camera vlogging you ;)

matthews677
15-12-13, 01:56 PM
I'm Troy Paul Matthews, Prefer to be called Paul but a lot of people remember Troy instead. Either is ok
Currently ride a 55 plate ZX6R in the typical kawasaki colour. I'm in the RAF and work at Boscombe Down near Salisbury. Try to make ride outs but they tend to be on weekends that i have my daughter. Have a 4 year old Daughter (going on 14), was married, now have a missus with 2 kids as well so life is hectic. Get out and about on the bike when i can.
Currently looking to change bike but massively torn on what to buy. Hope to make more ride outs next year.
Big Arsenal fan and play football whenever i can :)

Trev
17-12-13, 01:14 PM
I'm Neil but most people call me Nelly. I've been loitering around on here for a few years now. I am currently down to a single bike at present, my trusty Honda CBR1100xx Super Blackbird. Been riding since 1982 (my first bike was a Suzuki ZR50 special). I passed my test on 14th Dec 1984. Back in the days when you had to be able to say hello, read a number plate, ride around in a circle and pretend you knew what you were doing when the examiner (on foot) appeared. I still learn stuff now when I'm out on my bike.
If i'm not on the bike, then i'm probably asleep, at work in a secret military location (not really), or on here. I can be heard on the radio. I look after the Thursday night mayhem on www.bikerfm.co.uk (shameless plug ;-))

Nelly, just read your post on Who am I ref ZR50SL, did one up for my lad when he was 16 and just sold it on, I'd never even seen one before we got his

Nelly
17-12-13, 01:42 PM
Nelly, just read your post on Who am I ref ZR50SL, did one up for my lad when he was 16 and just sold it on, I'd never even seen one before we got his

I think that Suzuki burnt most of them at the stake Trev ;) Absolutely nothing special about them :) I haven't seen one for years now!

andythefox
18-12-13, 10:10 PM
Good reading, nice to have a bit of background before I meet you all. Some of the posts do sound like a singles dating website though! ha ha

8_ball
18-12-13, 10:16 PM
Good reading, nice to have a bit of background before I meet you all. Some of the posts do sound like a singles dating website though! ha ha

lol, says a man called 'andy the fox '???

bubblylittleme
19-12-13, 06:04 PM
Hi I'm Sue and I live in Swindon.
Like Tina Beamer I'm physically challenged... 4ft 10"
I ride a Yamaha Dragster 1100XVS which I love and yes I can reach the ground flat footed on it.
I have been riding since I was 17 when I took my test around the block on a Honda C50.
I try to get out on as many ride outs as I can and also enjoy the weekends away with wb but have just had a knee operation which hasn't gone well so might end up with another one in the new year so not sure if I will get out on it this year.

I am mum to 3 grown up kids and nanny to 3 also, the oldest being 6 who is desperate to get on the back of my bike on the roads.

Goldie
21-12-13, 09:31 AM
I'm Tina, I passed my DAS test with Mable in 2011 and bought a ybr125 which I loved, for five minutes, til I bought a Honda CB600fs Hornet. I'm currently 6 months from finishing a 3 year degree so haven't had as much time to ride as I'd like but I try.

Posh_Jo
30-12-13, 10:36 PM
I'm Jo, passed my CBT in March 2013, have a Honda CG125, although I haven't fallen in love with it as much as I would have hoped, I previously has a four legged friend. I haven't been out on any rideouts on it yet but 2014 is a new year. I can usually be found as pillion on the back of Vee4 Gaz. I have been a member of wb for a few years and although I don't go to many bike nights or ride outs, when I do they are always fun and I find everybody friendly. I feel I have made some lovely friends through WB. :)

Vee4 Gaz
01-01-14, 09:25 PM
Hi I'm Gary, Been riding since I was 16 (Many moons ago) on a Honda MBX50 and now I ride a Honda VFR800, I live with Posh Jo in Calne and I have a 14yr old daughter. Love biking and try to get on to most of the rideouts, prefer the summer for biking.
I also like playing on the PC when not riding and found that I rather like camping. Like Jo I have met some fab people in WB and always enjoy their company. I ran the Treasure hunt in 2013 and will help if needed.
Happy New Year all.

Marmalade
02-01-14, 04:28 AM
I'm Nick, 41.
I live with my girlfriend a few miles outside salisbury, although my home city is Bristol, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I learned to ride at 12, got my first bike at 16 and been biking since.

I do also drive cars and vans and the occasional truck but not for a while now.

My main work is as a European motorbike courier, same day/ direct deliveries of urgent or valuable things that cannot get lost, damaged or stolen by usual parcel carriers.

This often takes me to places like Paris and Brussels but on occasions has been Pisa, Berlin and Prague.

Other things I do while waiting for the phone to ring with my next adventure are making cut vinyl stickers, printing mugs and the like and also buying, fixing and selling pushbikes.
I learned the pushbike craft after leaving school and working in a cycle shop for 2 years.

My rides are currently a Honda ST1100 Pan European, the main work tool with 96,000 miles on it and a Honda Transalp which is a backup and toy for salisbury plain and similar.

So, there you have it, far too much info. Are you still awake?

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

wiltshire builders
08-01-14, 02:24 PM
I'm Dan.
I own my own building business and I cover everywhere from Bristol to Andover.
I got my first bike when I was 11 after getting hooked supporting my dads moto-x racing.
I currently own a 2004 ZX10R that I intended to keep for 6 months. 3 years and a few tweeks later I still can't bring myself to sell it.
I make regular trips into Europe and love a track day or two.
I hate riding in the winter so I normally bugger off to the Alps with my snowboards or throw my leg over my MTB.
I love cooking and love eating even more which is why I'm in the gym 3 times a week.

Jon_W
09-01-14, 12:35 PM
I'm Jon,

Full time Engineer, part time hoarder of old "junk" and motorcycles. Have four of my own, Two modern Suzukis and two brit classics plus the care of the GF's scooter....
I ride as much as possible, all weathers and times of the year.
I am attempting my first full bike restoration and am about 1/4 of the way through.

bigpete
10-01-14, 08:47 AM
I'm Pete
live in Warminster, work as a train driver in Salisbury
ride a bmw r1200rt and a Suzuki bandit 650 to commute on, also ride blood bikes for serv Wessex , another shameless plug but it is a charity!!
will def try to get to a few meets this year, tho no major trips as i'm saving the pennies for a ride to Croatia in September.
rode to Seville last year, mosel region of Germany the year before, like to do the long trips when time and money allow (which is never often enough).

Gnomesworth
24-01-14, 05:27 AM
well at least everyone has one thing in common on this site :p

Red Zed 1
05-03-14, 08:39 PM
hi all..i'm Alan and my wife is kate(spiderlady)
like a lot of folks on here i started riding in my teens although due to her maj i wasn't able to take my bike or car test until i was nearly 20..i rode allsorts back then including scooters,passed my test on a suzuki A100,which then got stolen..had a few years break to to family and finance then 7 years ago got a gpz500s which i still have(undergoing restoration),i also have a GPZ1100,VZ800,ER5 and a CX500 trike which i bought a year ago so that my increasingly disabled wife could continue to enjoy biking(she still goes pillion on the 1100 but not very often)
the trike as some may know has been undergoing a revamp but will hopefully be back on the road this weekend to kate's delight.
i am a mechanic by trade(cars)but enjoy tinkering with bikes almost as much as i enjoy riding them.
hopefully i will be going on a few weekends away this year and will definately be on rideouts on either the 1100 or the 800(usually backmarking)

Scottyboy
07-03-14, 02:32 PM
I'm Scott and I'm an alcoholic... oops wrong site.......

I have just come on this site today. I have been riding 2 years and have a RRW Fire blade.

I am married, with two young kids and live in Bulford . I am in the Army (Infantry) and when I grow up I want to be a train driver.

I want to go on as many ride outs as possible.

That, in a nutshell is moi!!

Scott.