PDA

View Full Version : Thruxton IAM session

Trev
24-09-13, 11:48 PM
Tried out my NC700X DCT at Thruxton yesterday. IAM session so not balls out track day but even so I was pleasantly surprised how well the NC held it's own. My group consisted of Hayabusa, Triumph sprint and 1250 Bandit and I managed to get past the first two during the various sessions although the chap on the Bandit was jsut too quick, also caught and got past quite a few other more expensive and powerful bikes during the day, some took very careful planning though and much crouching behind the screen! For sure the quicker riders on sportsbikes came by pretty easily but it was a laugh riding a low powered bike pretty much flat out for 75 - 80% of the track and trying to maintain momentum.

Even the DCT gearbox and budget suspension didn't cause too many problems once I got used to both and the bike averaged over 48 mpg compared to 32 mg for my Gixer750 in the April IAM session at Thruxton.

Best bit was that I gained full confidence in the Metzeler Z8's which I've not liked from day one and even managed to reprofile the hideously flattened off rear ; )

Conehead
25-09-13, 07:28 PM
Sounds like you had a great day.