PDA

View Full Version : maxxis tyres

Red Zed 1
22-09-13, 12:06 AM
need new tyres on my gpz1100.currently have michelin road pilot which have lasted about 5k and are good in the wet..do i stick with michelin or do i give maxxis supermaxx touring a go at about 30% lest cost.

Senna(Dan)
22-09-13, 09:37 AM
The mileage out of them seems to be pretty good mate. From what I have heard they are good tyres, if TT marshals hammer round the track on them they can't be too bad.

I am replacing the Bridgestones on the F4 for Supermaxx Diamonds next summer so hope my faith isn't misplaced.

Swanny
22-09-13, 09:56 AM
I've read up a lot about them and they seem great and even better because of their price

Silver Bird
15-11-13, 04:37 PM
My son fitted Maxxis tyres to his 1200 Bandit, I told him to be careful when he left my place. He went up the drive and turned left, he then high sided the bike which threw him across the road hurting his shoulder and causing a couple hundred pound damage to his bike, not a problem with the tyre, but the way you ride a bike with new tyres. He now say's that after putting a few miles on the tyres they are really good.

matthews677
15-11-13, 07:27 PM
i have supermaxx sports (if i remember off the top of my head) and there really good in the dry. might be my riding or confidence but i'm not a huge fan in anything more than very light drizzle on them though. that said, mine are the sports and i'm sure the touring ones are fine

Wes
15-11-13, 07:40 PM
Personally, i would stick with what i am happy with. I have ran continental sport or road attack, good in the wet, superb in the dry and good mileage returns too.

Red Zed 1
16-11-13, 08:33 PM
cheers all..have aquired some bidgestones for now as they were off lukes xj6(he prefers pirelli)but think i will stick with michelins after that..

Conehead
16-11-13, 09:55 PM
I have heard good things about Maxxis and they are also the recommended tyres for my bike. Running BT021's at the moment which were new last year so might give them a try in a few years time when I need a new pair.

willwf
10-04-16, 04:56 AM
t's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
goldenslot (https://www.gclubtg.com/goldenslot/)

shiftyblake
10-04-16, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't...