PDA

View Full Version : All Year Biker, Calne

Sharik
16-09-13, 12:09 PM
Has any one used the All Year Biker franchise at Calne and if yes, what are your opinions of the service provided please? Many thanks.

Red Zed 1
16-09-13, 06:47 PM
1st i've heard of it and i live in calne..besides i do pretty much all my own repairs and maintenance..

shiftyblake
16-09-13, 06:51 PM
Why would you not wash your own bike and lubricate it yourself !!!!

WR6133
16-09-13, 07:38 PM
60 quid to pressure wash your bike and then cover it in posh wd40? Theres better ways to blow 60 notes and use lubricant........

ALL-YEAR-BIKER
17-09-13, 11:37 AM
Hi All,

Just to say that I am that Franchisee. For those interested in seeing and understanding the treatment see here www.allyearbiker.co.uk (http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk) and make up your own minds as whether or not it is worth £60 or not.

All I will say is this. I've been treating bikes for nearly a year now and have yet to have a single customer who hasn't been impressed at the end result. In fact I have customers who return every three months, not because they need the treatment again but because they hate cleaning their pride and joy. Others want their bike to be treated and look it's best before selling it, but primarily it'll be bikers who either ride all year in all weathers or those laying up thier bikes for a period of time. For these customers the general view is that £60 is a small price to pay if it protects your overall resale or trade-in value.

No hard sell from me but with literally hundreds of repeat customers throughout the network most consider it money well spent. If you would like any further information please feel free to pm me or call me -my number is on the website.

Ducatista
17-09-13, 12:32 PM
Why would you not wash your own bike and lubricate it yourself !!!!

Well one reason is that professionals have the right equipment and training to do it properly (you might but not everyone will).
Another reason is too busy.
Another reason is hating cleaning.

We've always have Nooj do our 3 bikes and he will travel from Newbury if there is a days work (3 or 4 bikes).
It's well worth spending the money on IMO.

Kevinb
17-09-13, 01:31 PM
If you've buggered your knee or back. That's another good reason. £60 seems a lot which is probably why my bike is dirty

shiftyblake
17-09-13, 07:53 PM
:D

Ducatista
18-09-13, 11:03 AM
£60 seems a lot

I reckon Nooj spent about 9 hours at our house for 3 bikes, so about 3 hours per bike and that obviously includes the cost of the equipmemt and materials (including the van and marquee).
Everything was done very thoroughly including the luggage and they'll be there in all weathers.
I don't think they charge too much for what they do.
Personally I thnk ithe cost can easily be justified economically if you ride in salt i.e. thru the winter, because otherwise your bike will depreciate.

Of course you can do it yourself if you choose or you can clean your bike after every ride if you want to although sometimes that will be in the dark.
I'd rather spend 9 hours doing something else - that's called choice :-)

Nooj
02-10-13, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the plug, Lisa! Speaking from experience here as I bought the first ever AYB franachise (a mistake I don't care to repeat!), if the process is still the same, then £60 is too much for what you get IMO. That's why I charge on average £10 less and put twice the work into it ;-)

Loops
07-10-13, 06:01 PM
I think £50ish to Nooj (or your preferred company) once a year in return for a clean and protected bike (to a much better standard than I would manage!) is nothing really. If I rode more I'd up it to twice a year.

paul_cantello
04-11-13, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys

I had Alan from ALL YEAR BIKER do both my bikes today and i have to say i was very impressed with the finish.

I use my BMW G650GS for commuting so if £60 protects her from all that winter can throw at it i'll be well happy.

IMHO worth it.

Swanny
04-11-13, 06:54 PM
Hi Paul good to see you here :D

Birdylegs
04-11-13, 11:22 PM
Seen some good you tube clips about cleaning bikes but can't afford to pay someone yet any good tips 158