PDA

View Full Version : Help - before he kills himself!!

ALL-YEAR-BIKER
05-09-13, 10:55 AM
I'm posting this in the hope that someone may know this rider or his parents and take him to oneside before he kills himself/and or someone else.

So this morning around 8.15am I've done the school run(by van) and heading back along the A4 from Marlborough to Calne in a steady flow of cars travelling at approximately 55-60mph. After passing the Bell Pub I can see a small motorbike approaching in the rear view mirrors and slowly overtaking the two cars behind as we approach the incline before the ridgeway where the rider is still in the other lane and about to overtake me. I move over to give room but as he passes I can see this is a learner L plates flapping as he struggles to get by on the brow of the hill. His bike flat out and he laid flat on the tank with his feet on the pillion seat. Because of his riding position he struggles to control his bike on the following bend. To my amazement he doesn't ease off and overtakes all the vehicles in front but slowly as we are already travelling at roughly his bikes max speed. He continues, crossing double white lines weaving all over the road and showing no consideration for other road users and oblivious to his own safety. I have never seen such bad riding in 36yrs and hundreds of thousand mile of riding motorcycles.

At Beckhampton he continues as I do towards Calne. I thought for the first time in my life if I could catch him I would have a word, not a rage but try and tell him if he continues riding like this he is going to die. As we approach the Hill down into Cherill I'm not far behind but his bike speeds up on the incline. As we hit the 40 limit he has no intention of slowing down and must have gone through at some 70mph overtaking anything that was in his way. That was the last I saw of him. So I'm not sure whether this was a one off as this was the first school run at this time or whether he may ride everyday along this road but I hope he can be talked to before he kills himself and if you ride yourself along this stretch of road be aware you may encounter a rider coming towards you on your correct line irrespective of road markings.

Nelly
05-09-13, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a right nutter!

wheelers
05-09-13, 12:33 PM
soon to be statistic I fear

Birdylegs
05-09-13, 01:01 PM
Get his plate numbers tell the police they would not charge him but keep a eye out for him sounds like if he crashed there could have been lots of cars in a pile up.

SupeRDel
05-09-13, 01:27 PM
Sounds just like many Sunday sports bike riders who do the same things at double the speed

Kevinb
05-09-13, 02:01 PM
It will be a waste of time stopping him. If he's that inconsiderate he will probably just swear or laugh at you and if I was you stopping him I would probably end up in trouble for throwing him and his bike over a hedge. Let the police deal with him (if they can be bothered)

Birdylegs
05-09-13, 04:43 PM
So he was driving like he stole it if he crashed try not to help him police are looking for owner of a red mini who help someone who crashed a 900 cc cbr stolen from cam they spent 45min helping him get back on the road.
http://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/news/cotswolds/10656770.Police_eager_to_speak_to_passengers_of_a_ red_Mini_in_relation_to_a_stolen_motorbike/