PDA

View Full Version : [me] At the Nurburgring

pilninggas
17-08-13, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomKCly2uX4

Conehead
17-08-13, 10:15 PM
That was cool. Its on my bucket list to do.

Rabb
18-08-13, 12:11 AM
I gotta get myself some of that!
What a buzz !
Well done on mixing it at that speed with that amount of car traffic!

Last Train
18-08-13, 08:30 AM
Yeah man :cool:

Dennis_Sinanan
18-08-13, 08:38 AM
That looked awesome! I know you are a progressive rider, so having cars playing with you at high speed must have been something new.
On my todo list as well, so hopefully (one day) I will join you.

How about some vids on some of the many passes you have been enjoying?

Trev
18-08-13, 09:57 AM
Great vid, thanks for posting.

I'm in Luxemburg/Germany next month and was thinking of calling in but taking my NC700X for the trip so thinking not really suitable as will be in the way of pretty much everyone, were there many (any!) slower vehicles taking a 'tour of the 'ring' rather than giving it some?

Also what's the correct change/fee at the entrance toll?

pilninggas
18-08-13, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback - it felt so, so quick when I was doing it, the biggest hit of adrenaline I ever had.

Dennis - a video of me decending Stelvio (fully loaded with camping kit) is uploading to youtube at the mo.

Trev - an NC700X would be great on there, you'll notice 3/4 of the way round I get over to the right to let a car pass, that's what you do. The bad bit is the ring is euro26! not cheap, you buy a smart card and rub that against the toll booth, so change isn't an issue.

nelsonmf
18-08-13, 12:37 PM
Nice! I was expecting you to overtake all cars at the very beginning on the acceleration but those cars seem to be well tuned... what camera did you use?

EDIT: ups you did overtake haha... but it took more time than I was expecting :)

pilninggas
18-08-13, 07:14 PM
+ Descending Stelvio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWMEzEOXPIc

redken1
19-08-13, 08:43 PM
Brill Merv, found myself cheering you on there. You certainly gave it some on the last time going down the Nurburgring long straight. Awesome mate thanks for sharing that. Look what I missed now.

pilninggas
20-08-13, 01:27 PM
Nice! I was expecting you to overtake all cars at the very beginning on the acceleration but those cars seem to be well tuned... what camera did you use?

EDIT: ups you did overtake haha... but it took more time than I was expecting :)

You have to remember some of those Ring Rental cars had been out on the track all day, you also have to remember that cars can carry a lot more corner speed than the Fazer. Had I known where the track goes it would have been easier to clear some of that traffic, as it was i used it to guide me, where there is not car to path find (3/5 of the way through), I go off the boil, as I don't have a clue where I am going.

Brill Merv, found myself cheering you on there. You certainly gave it some on the last time going down the Nurburgring long straight. Awesome mate thanks for sharing that. Look what I missed now.

I actually broke the rules there, I think your supposed to fall in to the right after the turn and slow down, but oh well. Was another great trip and not that expensive really. Roll on next year......

badbreed
21-08-13, 11:19 AM
Fair plays bud, thats a great vid.

I done the ring in a m3 2 years ago and i found it really strange being on the track with bikes at the same time.
Your vid looked quite quiet, when i was there it was mobbed. I found myself having bikes pretty much stopping mid bend on me or taking totally different lines and bikes ending up going round us on bends.

Im planning to go again in 2014, but would rather it was a bike only day or something

Trev - You'd be fine on your NC700X, when I was there we seen a Zafira with an elderly couple in it, looked like they got lost on the way to Aldi and a long wheel base transit which looked fully loaded. You will see all sorts there, some people just cruise round to say that they have done it.

wiltshire builders
21-08-13, 03:05 PM
Great vids!

I didn't realise the Ring was in such **** order. The carousel looked like an off road course!

I ascended the northern side of the Stelvio pass and it was such hard work.
Much prefered the southern part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvQFi1UYzs

Have you done the B500 yet in the black forrest?

pilninggas
21-08-13, 03:31 PM
Great vids!

I didn't realise the Ring was in such **** order. The carousel looked like an off road course!

I ascended the northern side of the Stelvio pass and it was such hard work.
Much prefered the southern part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvQFi1UYzs

Have you done the B500 yet in the black forrest?

twice south bound [Baden-Baden to Feldbergpass] and once north bound Titisee-Neustadt to the French border at the Rhine. I have also ridden the corresponding road on the french side through Bitche and Niederbron les bain.