PDA

View Full Version : Best insurance company

Dan505
03-08-13, 04:14 PM
Currently with Bennetts who want a £4 a month increase plus £20 to renew. (not much but it's the principle) IMHO it should go down with extra NCB. Anyone recommend any decent insurers, pro's & con's please.

BB
03-08-13, 04:39 PM
Just ask anyone and tell them what you have been quoted and generally they will undercut, then if you want to stay with Bennets go back to them and tell them the new figure and generally they will match it. Sadly there is no reduction or benefit in being loyal nowadays.

Dan505
03-08-13, 05:27 PM
Tried that but they said this is the cheapest they will do.

goz1960
03-08-13, 08:24 PM
Go compare?

wheelers
03-08-13, 08:30 PM
often get cheaper online prices.
check the small print, being in the trade with a bike policy since 1975 Ive just moved house and now Carole Nash wants £35 to change policies , also if I add more bikes it extra £25 mid term, but, if I add them on renewal its free!! apparently, all insurers charge. having moved 12 times in 30 years Ive never been charged before.
also watch ebikes, , cheaper at start but if you want to contact them it can cost pounds waiting on the phone as they don't do alterations on line despite being a on line insurer.

Birdylegs
04-08-13, 12:37 AM
Go compare are payed by insurance companies to advertise im with likewise who are brokers that insured me with someone alse but deal with all my problems. If you don't worry about it being stolen (always being safe and don't worry about fire only 12 volts) Go 3rd party I've never heard of any one getting a full payment back of them anyway with time and cost off making clams of losses but you do get a few perks with some not outhers some charge you a full year even if you cancel half way through just read small print I got charged double by paying monthly good luck.

Ducatista
04-08-13, 08:46 AM
You ALWAYS need to shop around (comparison sites are good).
I's hard for anyone else to make recommendations on price because it varies with so many factors.
I like Carole Nash because they include European Breakdown cover and legal cover.This makes it great value, plus they have a great reputation.
Make sure you check everything e.g. whether pillion cover is included, whether commuting is included, whether you can ride other bikes.
Also you need to inform them of any mods. Might be worth asking before you sign up whether there is any increase in non-performance enhancing mods.
Carole Nash didn't change me for declaring mods or for observing so I've always found their service to be good.

Make sure you LAPSE you current policy (that means it stops at the end of the year). The word CANCEL could be is-interpreted to mean stop it now.
Some policies are on "auto-renew" so you do need to LAPSE them.
I always try to get somthing in writing, email or at the minimum a name, time & date (for recordings to be checked).
This usually prevents them from "losing" the lapse instruction.
Email is better as phone recrodings are not guaranteed.

Dan505
04-08-13, 09:10 AM
Thanks peeps, not after prices but wanted to know who's good/bad to insure with?

BB
04-08-13, 02:52 PM
Carole Nash has always been good for me

Wes
04-08-13, 05:32 PM
Just changed from CN to Hastings direct and got helmet/lid cover included as well as breakdown cover and legal £100 cheaper, Cn were ok until you have a claim, then they basically leave you to sort it out yourself.

BB
04-08-13, 06:40 PM
CN have always been good to me with foreign or home breakdowns over the years. Also sorted out my claim no worries but that claim was 6 years ago now. Thankfully no recent experience!

wiltshire builders
04-08-13, 08:10 PM
Best insurance company? Surely you mean least **** insurance company.

redken1
04-08-13, 09:09 PM

"Best insurance company"? Like asking, "What is the best car to get run over by?" Sorry Dan, not very helpful I know.

Dan505
04-08-13, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the input, helpful as always

Swanny
05-08-13, 08:27 AM
What's the point in word censors??? It just leaves you trying to guess what was written :rolleyes: I thought we were a bunch of grown up hairy arse bikers here ;)
Does anyone give a **** about what language we use here?

wiltshire builders
05-08-13, 11:13 AM
What's the point in word censors??? It just leaves you trying to guess what was written :rolleyes: I thought we were a bunch of grown up hairy arse bikers here ;)
Does anyone give a **** about what language we use here?

****** **** and ******** your **** ******!
And another thing, you ***** so ****** ****** ********** I hope that's cleared that up. 😉

wiltshire builders
05-08-13, 11:18 AM
I'm with Bennetts because they gave me breakdown, legal, euro, and kit cover.
Never been with the same company 2 years in a row.
They show you no loyalty so why should you show them any.
Like was said earlier, play them off against each other and there are good deals to be had.

Swanny
05-08-13, 06:50 PM
****** **** and ******** your **** ******!
And another thing, you ***** so ****** ****** ********** I hope that's cleared that up. 

It certainly has. In fact thanks to your skill full use of the word censor I feel more inclined to use colourful language.
:p

Back on topic.

I have no ****ing idea who I have insured my bike with at the moment. But I know it wasn't Aquote as they wanted more money to swap my bike cover over to my new bike for six months than another company wanted for 12 months so I told them to go **** themselves :D

1050RON
06-08-13, 10:32 AM
Bennetts are rubbish I had a bandit 1200 with them when I changed to the speed triple they wanted £35 admin fee to change over then they didnt even e mail me the documents with the changes so I had to wait for them to come in the post which meant I couldn't pick my bike up on the day arranged which meant another day off work! I never received the documents via e mail they said they had a problem with there e mail considering the size of company they are this is a disgrace. I'm now with MCE free helmet and leather 90 day European cover free legal and half the price of bennetts!!

Dan505
06-08-13, 07:43 PM
Bennetts will offer me a new policy at £9 a month but if i renew existing policy its £20!?!? Absolute jokers

Brizzer
06-08-13, 08:15 PM
am insured by the wife that am insured , and I have just went through more sweary words trying to get them to fit into what was written.

Rabb
06-08-13, 08:26 PM
Ditch Bennets Dan!
Try MCE they are willing to be competitive.
Do a search on Mymoneysupermarket and take it from there.
Hastings were good on price when I last looked but MCE did 15 months for the price of 12 months with free RAC cover and free helmet & leathers cover (upto £1000) also.......
Have a few searches, it will pay you dividends.
I don't think there are any 'good' insurance companies when it comes to claims - just take the best deal you can get.

Because there is a finite amount of policies - you just have to find out which insurance company is 'buying business' this month. (I used to have a girlfriend who was at a high level in the industry)
Go search Dan.............

Loops
06-08-13, 09:27 PM
They should come up on comparison sites, but I've been with h&r for a few years, they seemed to be good for me as a new rider - your mileage may vary!

They are also helpful on the phone too which I like :)