PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Poole bike night

Shorty
29-07-13, 10:10 AM
Morning

I am sure some of you will already know of this site - if not - these are the guys who take pictures as you come into Poole on Holes Bay Road.

Last Train - there was a good one of you from last week.
http://www.poolebikenight.net/2013/130723/5.30_6.00/thumbs/IMG_6875.JPG

The main site is - http://www.poolebikenight.net/
They are sorted by date and time.

Cheers

Shorty

Conehead
29-07-13, 06:14 PM
His pictures are expensive but you can copy them as long as you dont mind his writing through the picture.
The pictures are very good though.

Last Train
29-07-13, 07:01 PM
Last Train - there was a good one of you from last week.
http://www.poolebikenight.net/2013/130723/5.30_6.00/thumbs/IMG_6875.JPG

:cool:

Do you think he was going woooohhhh really loudly ? :D

Shorty
30-07-13, 08:29 AM
His pictures are expensive but you can copy them as long as you dont mind his writing through the picture.
The pictures are very good though.

I thought they were quite reasonable, I got the digital copies as a jpeg file, he sent 1 portrait, 1 landscape and a low res copy for facebook for £10.

Conehead
30-07-13, 04:11 PM
I thought they were quite reasonable, I got the digital copies as a jpeg file, he sent 1 portrait, 1 landscape and a low res copy for facebook for £10.

I must have misread it then. I thought it was £ for one picture only. I take my previous comment back.

Shorty
31-07-13, 12:10 PM
I must have misread it then. I thought it was £ for one picture only. I take my previous comment back.

We were both right :) just had a look on their site yes it is £10 + £1.95 for one printed and posted - which I agree is expensive! Luckily I went for the electronic copy.

Mel64
09-08-13, 08:38 PM
6.00-6.30 06/08/13 IMG 8990 that'll be me then!

Conehead
09-08-13, 10:12 PM
Nice ZX9. Love the look of the air scoops under the cowl, makes it look mean to me.

Mine is 09/07/2013 @ 6.30 - 6.45 img 1535 (Should be a Hinckley Triumph)

Mel64
24-08-13, 06:09 PM
20/08/13..... 6-6.30pm IMG 9929...

That'll be me again... different bike though!

SupeRDel
27-08-13, 04:44 PM
Take a close look at his before and after pictures - van in background and lorry behind.

Ignor the pixie dust statement, all 4 of those photos have been photo shopped - even the before pictures.

The bikes have all been placed on new backgrounds and not very well either.

Best option with any of these bike photographers is to just buy the jpeg (like the man at weston sells) - then get it printed using one of the online photo printers.
Its far cheaper to get an enlargement done that way

Snake
02-09-13, 04:59 PM
Hiya Shorty ~ I'm sorry you feel our prices are expensive however as we state quite clearly on our home page " Everyone knows that the cost of getting photos printed at Asda is negligible

What we charge for and what you hopefully feel is worth paying for is the time , energy and resources expended in capturing the image in the first place and then processing hundreds of images into the online galleries

Our prices haven't changed since 2005 .. sadly our overheads have but do we complain ?

Of course we do but no bugger cares ! .. so does that make us the 'People's Biker Website'

Yup .. I think it do !

Cheers

Snake (www.PooleBikenight.Net)

Snake
02-09-13, 05:07 PM
Hi Superdel ~ I'm sorry our digital editing fall short of the standards you expect ~ however we don't charge for it and to date not one has ever returned a print for a refund on the basis they would rather have the truck /van / car/ jogger/ cyclist / lampost put back into the picture. For the benefit of Wiltshire Bikers who are less Photo Shop literate than you obviously are could you please clarify why exactly we would 'photoshop' the 'before' pictures as you are bizarrely claiming ? Are you seriously suggesting we airbrushed the trucks IN just to prove how clever were were taking them back out again :~)). No problem with your last statement though ~ buying the high res J Peg makes great sense .

Cheers

Snake

www.PooleBikeNight.Net

Snake
02-09-13, 05:12 PM
Hi Conehead ~ Sorry you likewise think we are 'expensive' (see my reply to 'Shorty' on that one) . Sure you can download the watermarked image . Facebook and Google are littered with them ~ do we care . We couldn't buy that kind of publicity :~)) Well we could but we don't need to when you guys do the job for us for free !! Thanks for your final comment ... Nice to know at least one Wiltshire Biker appreciates us

Cheers

Snake (www.PooleBikeNight.Net)

Conehead
02-09-13, 07:35 PM
Hi Snake

Thanks for your comments, it is always nice to hear what they say on the other side of the fence. I chose this route into Poole so that I could ride past you and one day get the right picture.

I agree that with all the time, costs etc your prices are justified but for me at this stage it is still pricey. I will get a photo one day but when I feel it is the one, I just cant afford one each week.

I also don't think you should tar all of the Wiltshire Bikers for 3 peoples comments, there are a lot of nice people on here.

Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best.

Snake
04-09-13, 12:04 PM
It certainly wasn't my intention to tar all Wiltshire Bikers. I just felt that certain ignorant and unqualified comments regarding Photoshop deserved a response. Let me ask you ~ with regard to the pic in your profile would you rather have it with the cars and the blue sign in the top of your head ... or without ? You're right it's a daft question . I take pix of many of the same bikes week in week out and hope that come the end of the season peeps will take stock of all of them ... choose the best one and order it . This is very much a labour of love in terms of what I charge vs the number of pix I sell and people are either really chuffed to get an 'action' photo of themselves or they don't give a chuff. Clearly our Photoshop expert falls into the latter category. Hope you find one of yourself worthy of ten of your English pounds before the end of the season .... Cheers Snake