PDA

View Full Version : Got a camera :)

nelsonmf
28-07-13, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone,

Got a camera last friday and on same day went to Christchurch with a friend. The video got corrupted for some reason on the way down to christchurch which was the best part, fantastic sunny weather and loads of bikers captured by the camera, probably some wiltshire bikers users... :( And I forgot to rotate the lens 90 degree hehe... That's what happens when you don't read manuals.

Anyway, it looks like that was the last day of summer and it was a great ride though the new forest.

Here is the little video I did on the way back (not so exciting). Nothing special but I love my bike's sound and want to share it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejebo73men6qjkb/Christchurch%20to%20Salisbury.wmv

Before you ask, the camera is a Drift HD Ghost :)

wiltshire builders
29-07-13, 12:57 PM
Great images. Is that a BMW R1200 you're riding?

nelsonmf
29-07-13, 06:05 PM
No, it's a 2013 triumph street triple :)

Conehead
29-07-13, 06:15 PM
Looking good.

SupeRDel
29-07-13, 09:07 PM
Sound good when you stop - crap when you are moving

Little tip that worked on my camera was too stick a little bit of fluffy material over the holes of a mic with some cellotape.

It removes that wind distortion noise caused by the wind over the holes. Don't stick the tape over the holes. I used a bit of old sock cut to an inch square

nelsonmf
29-07-13, 09:48 PM
Yes I was thinking doing that, the problem is to find a fluffy material. But what I'll do is to mount the camera on the helmet and then use an external microphone.

Actually I don't like the sound of my bike when idle. Only like when is over 6000rpm.

SupeRDel
29-07-13, 11:27 PM
A piece of sweat shirt material or a bit of your polishing cloth, duster does the job perfectly OK

nelsonmf
30-07-13, 06:39 PM
Good idea. Thanks :)

Stuntsunlimited
31-07-13, 10:25 AM
put it in the right aspect, was like i was peering through a pillar box ;)

nelsonmf
31-07-13, 06:07 PM
:D

919honda
01-08-13, 12:42 PM
nice camera !!

I want one for my commute in around Bristol , what I see/happens will truly amaze you all !!

oh and I think you only broke the law once , with a solid double white line cross over ;)

nelsonmf
01-08-13, 09:12 PM
haha... the image on the camera seems further away so when I crossed the lines they were not solid anymore :p

The camera is nice... when it works. The first one I sent it back because it had heavy cosmetic wear and the microphone hatch didn't seal completely, the second one which is the one I made this video had to send back because the microphone hatch didn't close at all and got stuck forever on the camera. Now I got a third one from another place and the menu button does not work, it does not recognize the 32GB card and the power on/off button does not do "click" so I never know when I'm really pressing it which makes me do more pressure and one day eventually will brake... So I guess I'll have to send this one back AGAIN.

Col
05-08-13, 05:32 PM
uhhhhhhhh I thought white lines meant bikes are, of course, allowed to overtake as is the accepted rule at all times and are only put down to annoy car drivers by council workers having a little humour moment whilst giving old plod somat else to bleat about :)

well well laydeees 'n gennelmens seems at 0:40 into this dark and dismal fillum is an example of dimwit indecision as to which road to take so somebody literally went straight on and knocked some sign over...see the light is still working....nice!!!