PDA

View Full Version : Calne Bike Show - Tips

~BornAgain~
24-07-13, 11:20 AM
I am planning to go to Calne on Saturday and will be arriving around 1 o'clock.
Any tips for first time goers? No-no-s, bike parking, things to see, etc?

Could I join the 4 o'clock ride-out if I have not pre-booked?

Dabz
24-07-13, 12:17 PM
Not sure on the ride-out, but there should be space to park - prepare for it to be BUSY! Once parked head for the grass area in front of the odl folk's home because that's where the WB stand is (look out for the flags!) with our members helmet park etc

BB
24-07-13, 05:35 PM
That's the grassed area behind the river near the Town Hall & traffic lights

~BornAgain~
24-07-13, 07:11 PM
Sorry I have never been to Calne before. Can someone give me a google map link of where WB stand will be? Thanks.

8_ball
25-07-13, 12:01 AM
Helmet park, now thats a good idea, see you there .....cheers guys

Gooz
25-07-13, 08:22 AM
You can book onto the ride out and into the campsite on the day, booking will be located opposite the Strand Hotel, top tip......... bring a tent !!!!! its not just a day anymore, two nights packed out with bands and cheap beer, but morew importantly just come over and enjoy yourselves, Hazel will have advance party ride tickets to raffle/ auction on the day to ensure you get a good seat in the line up and everyone benefits.

Vulcanboy
25-07-13, 10:19 AM
.... Thanks for the Tips ... I'll see you all there ....;), Richard

~BornAgain~
25-07-13, 02:18 PM
You can book onto the ride out and into the campsite on the day, booking will be located opposite the Strand Hotel, top tip......... bring a tent !!!!! its not just a day anymore, two nights packed out with bands and cheap beer, but morew importantly just come over and enjoy yourselves, Hazel will have advance party ride tickets to raffle/ auction on the day to ensure you get a good seat in the line up and everyone benefits.

I'd love to come there with a tent... but the wifey will not be too happy. We've just had our third baby. He's 7 days old today!!!

Can I get in the camp-site just for a few hours if I don't have a tent? Is there a fee at the entrance for day-passes?

XJ
27-07-13, 09:45 AM
Its on again tonight at the campsite. Just turn up no fee