PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Antonelli killed in Russian WSB round

wheelers
21-07-13, 09:21 PM
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Andrea+Antonelli+suffers+fatal+crash+in+Supersport +race
if the rain was bad yet again it takes the death of a rider to actually stop a race, RIP a man with promise

btw 11 riders finished the re started race. was it worth it??

Birdylegs
21-07-13, 09:44 PM
R.I.P prayers for him and his family.

matthews677
22-07-13, 02:00 PM
seen this crash on youtube. it was pointless racing as no one could see through the spray. complete waste of life. RIP and hope the rider who hit him is ok too.

BB
22-07-13, 06:46 PM
I was watching as it went out on air & knew it would be bad. IMHO they should never have started the race. RIP

Stuntsunlimited
22-07-13, 08:41 PM
They should never have raced... RIP

redken1
22-07-13, 09:20 PM
Is this a case of Sponsorship and Advertising revenue taking precedence over riders' safety? Oh so so an avoidable loss, if only someone with the authority to make the decision had the balls to make the right call. RIP

wheelers
22-07-13, 10:02 PM
I remember when we marshalled at Combe many years ago, rider died at old paddock used to be in RAF at Lyneham. he was dead at the track but airlifted to hospital and we were all informed that he died on the way to hospital. this way they could keep the races going instead of having to call it off and spoil spectators day.
on the other hand while marshalling at Culham MX a rider fell and was killed. this time races were called off and police came in and took our statements.
difference ? both were National events run by the ACU, 3-4000 spectators against 1500 . how do you value a riders life against profit?

Col
22-07-13, 10:36 PM
ummmm I know there are some delicate souls on here but it's racing ....nobody holds a gun to participants heads to take part whether rain or shine....it happens even on a hot sunny day...this guy was hit by a follower. Unfortunately he was killed. Racing will continue...........oh yeah it has.

Brizzer
22-07-13, 10:46 PM
seen this crash on youtube. it was pointless racing as no one could see through the spray. complete waste of life. RIP and hope the rider who hit him is ok too.
nasty vid that , RIP

redken1
22-07-13, 10:48 PM
ummmm I know there are some delicate souls on here but it's racing ....nobody holds a gun to participants heads to take part whether rain or shine....it happens even on a hot sunny day...this guy was hit by a follower. Unfortunately he was killed. Racing will continue...........oh yeah it has.

Hardly a spectacle for the watching spectators if the rain is that heavy that all the riders slide off the track before one lap is over. Racing????????

Col
22-07-13, 11:39 PM
You can even have a snail race Ken..............or is that trail ??? and as you point out Ole Joe Public will still watch :)

Stuntsunlimited
25-07-13, 12:00 AM
I remember when we marshalled at Combe many years ago, rider died at old paddock used to be in RAF at Lyneham. he was dead at the track but airlifted to hospital and we were all informed that he died on the way to hospital. this way they could keep the races going instead of having to call it off and spoil spectators day.
on the other hand while marshalling at Culham MX a rider fell and was killed. this time races were called off and police came in and took our statements.
difference ? both were National events run by the ACU, 3-4000 spectators against 1500 . how do you value a riders life against profit?

Yep they never expire on the track.