PDA

View Full Version : blinded by headlights

Birdylegs
11-07-13, 07:09 PM
Having to drive at night I keep getting blinded by oncoming headlights is it my eyes or are the high powered lights to bright had few cars driving behind use main beam before and see lights dip so it's my eyes or there bulbs any thoughts guys please

Conehead
11-07-13, 07:54 PM
It will be their lights. Cagers like to use bright bulbs and having them missalligned is no secret.

A tip I do is when a car is coming towards you look at the edge of the road on your left so that your eyes are not dazzled.

Rabb
11-07-13, 10:47 PM
If people are blinding you from behind just flash your brake lights at them a few times - it usually does the trick.
I have done a lot of night driving and these tips may help
• It sounds silly but "don't look at their lights" keep your eyes on the centre of your lane
• Change your bulbs to "Extreme Briiliance" super bright headlights (when a car driver blinds you, you can put him in the same situation by flashing your main beam at him (most people will realise that they are blinding you and will react quickly) There are a few people who don't give a sh1t - I tend to leave my full beam on especially for them!
• This is going to sound really silly now but, close your right eye and rely on the left one - I don't know why this works.
• If you have a pinlock in your visor - remove it, as it causes lots of reflections
• Ensure your clear visor is spotlessly clean

That's about all I can think of at the moment - if I think of anything else I'll get back to you.
P.S. Halfords sometimes do offers on headlight bulbs (wait until they are on offer)

The above options are what have worked for me but you try some of these options at your own risk

Swanny
12-07-13, 12:26 AM
P.S. Halfords sometimes do offers on headlight bulbs (wait until they are on offer)

Like right now :)
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=discount&promotionCode=229963&cm_re=VRN-_-BULBSC2-_-30PoffBulbs

SupeRDel
12-07-13, 06:05 PM
Sunglasses - works for me