PDA

View Full Version : back fire

badbreed
04-07-13, 11:32 PM
Popped into the garage yesterday to do some checks on the bike, ie oil, tyre pressure etc and I thought I'd turn her over.

Oh my god, first spark and a ( think my bike is in a large garage and the exhaust is about a foot away from a large metal door )
I thought someone had just let s shotgun off in my ear.
I'm taking about the bike backfiring. Oh I sh*t myself.

I've never had a bike backfire before, its an experience.
But I turned her over again and she's running sweet as a nut.

I'm guessing it was just some unburnt fuel from my last ride.

Kevinb
05-07-13, 08:23 AM
Wait until you hear a 1700 v twin back firing. I love it. Mine pops for a pastime.
A few years back I had my Bonnie shoot two blue flames out of the exhausts much to the amusement of the security guard stood outside Tesco's

Conehead
05-07-13, 02:44 PM
Ive had it happen to me and wow, it is deafening. Mine was outside as well.

Annie
05-07-13, 06:17 PM
My Trike pops and farts and backfires like a goodun when she gets going. But, I do have a virtual straight thro' exhaust. Frightened the beegeezeers out of me the first time, used to it now though ;)

Rabb
05-07-13, 07:58 PM
I inadvertently terrified an Audi driver a few weeks ago.
Let's say that I was riding enthusiastically along a fast a road and I overtook him at speed as I was coming up to a roundabout I dropped down two gears let the clutch out and the bike back-fired like a vulcan bomber and shot a plume of blue flames out of the exhaust. Let's just say that he kept his distance from me for the next few miles.......

bubblylittleme
06-07-13, 08:26 AM
That's the best part of going out for a ride with the Wiltshire Bikers!
Mine backfires throttling down all the time and frightens the life out of the rider behind me!
I chuckle to myself as they are looking down to check their tyres.

Last week whilst riding into town my bike backfired. There was another biker coming up behind me at the time so I pointed to myself. At the next roundabout he came up by the side of me and said 'I hope you were pointing at your bike not your bum'

badbreed
07-07-13, 07:25 AM
Ha, some great backfiring and popping stories.
I'm not that lucky to have any fun with mine, just scaring the hell out of me.