PDA

View Full Version : SS exhaust pipe needs cutting

alanTDM
04-07-13, 09:21 AM
I got a section of SS exhaust pipe that needs cutting is there anywhere local that can do this in the Melksham/Trowbridge /Bath area. need about 2.5 cm cut off.

pilninggas
04-07-13, 04:44 PM
Got an angle grinder?

if yes, use a 0.8mm inox blade and masking tape for the line (wrap around the tube). if no, Most car repair places should be able to do this.

Wes
04-07-13, 06:30 PM
Got an angle grinder?

if yes, use a 0.8mm inox blade and masking tape for the line (wrap around the tube). if no, Most car repair places should be able to do this.

Yep that's exactly what I would do, you can get a fine blade from machine mart, tool station do a good one for less than a quid.

alanTDM
04-07-13, 07:24 PM
I was thinking more on the like of a custom exhaust builder.I haven't a grinder but least i know where to take it now thanks.

Jon_W
08-07-13, 08:41 AM
Spek to Toph... he will have the required facilities.

Failing that a hack saw and vice.

alanTDM
08-07-13, 06:22 PM
Hack saw wont touch it to tough,Anyway as i was coming back from Cornwall Sunday at *mph it decided to put a big hole in it just as i was overtaking a car didnt find out how loud(good) it was till i got to Exeter services lol,so i now need a Y link pipe :(with a ID of 44mm made up.Already spoke to Toph.

Jon_W
09-07-13, 08:12 AM
I cut mine with a hack saw..... sharp blade will glide through it!!

OOOps!! Oh well, decision has been made by the bike!!!!

alanTDM
09-07-13, 09:38 PM
Been told that Infinity MC near Yate make custom Pipes so going to ring them and suss out the options.