PDA

View Full Version : France and Hi-Viz

QB1
27-06-13, 07:46 AM
Looks like the French havent finished with Hi-Viz yet - http://ukfrancebikers.com/2013/06/26/france-high-visibility-vests-compulsory-again/

Swanny
27-06-13, 08:39 AM
Just another BS tax :mad:

Conehead
27-06-13, 03:30 PM
thank goodness I am not planning on going there anytime soon. Their rules are silly at the moment.

wiltshire builders
27-06-13, 05:44 PM
Bugger. As long as they don't ring it in during the next week or else I'm trapped over here. (I'd rather get the ferry from Belgium than wear a cloak of invincibility)

Long John
27-06-13, 07:58 PM
I hope it never happens, but imagine be knocked off and the bike unable to be ridden. Up pops Le Plod and the first thing they question is the whereabouts of your hi-viz. Many a true word in jest etc...........

BB
27-06-13, 08:21 PM
I'll have to have a complete read up on what applies at any given time before I set foot out of the country!

Swanny
28-06-13, 12:12 AM
I think every man woman and child should be made to wear hi-viz whenever they leave their houses.

Demonbaker
30-06-13, 08:47 AM
Don't let these stories put you off travelling through France. I've just spent two weeks touring Brittany and Normandie as well as taking in the 24 Hours at Le Mans. Did any bikers have florescent jackets or have stickers on their helmets, No.

Rode the bike every day and no problem from the police

Vulcanboy
30-06-13, 07:38 PM
This is amazing! Wot with Yellow lights to White, then dipped car headlights on during the day, and now this. Oh well! I carry two sets of high viz jackets in the car, and two breathalizers, too, for France. I guess I'll just have to shove a couple in the saddle bags, now ...

Loops
01-07-13, 08:59 AM
Reading the rule it sounds like you don't wear it while riding but must put one on when stopped at the side of the road - so when the police stop you to check that you have your high viz, I guess you have to immediately jump off the bike and go rummaging in a bag or pocket wherever you put it because you are now stopped and must wear it!

Lets hope the French police are never armed...!

QB1
01-07-13, 09:11 AM
This is amazing! Wot with Yellow lights to White, then dipped car headlights on during the day, and now this. Oh well! I carry two sets of high viz jackets in the car, and two breathalizers, too, for France. I guess I'll just have to shove a couple in the saddle bags, now ...

Its only a proposal not compulsory yet.

Swanny
01-07-13, 06:22 PM
Lets hope the French police are never armed...!

They always are

Loops
01-07-13, 07:36 PM
That's going to be fun/dangerous... armed police and bikers immediately going to get something out of their panniers when stopped!

Ducatista
03-07-13, 02:50 PM
There are plenty of interesting places to visit outside of France.
It certainly tempts me to look elsewhere.

Marmalade
04-07-13, 07:57 AM
Don't let these stories put you off travelling through France. I've just spent two weeks touring Brittany and Normandie as well as taking in the 24 Hours at Le Mans. Did any bikers have florescent jackets or have stickers on their helmets, No.

Really? We're you looking, I've not seen a biker without helmet stickers in months. Hi vis is different since its not law to carry one yet.

That's going to be fun/dangerous... armed police and bikers immediately going to get something out of their panniers when stopped!

Bikers are not seen as hooligans over there as we are here so should be ok.

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

Demonbaker
04-07-13, 08:56 PM
Well all i can say is not one bike in our party had stickers on their helmets nor did any of the bikes on the ferry. Didn't look at bikes around Le mans, but bumped into a few bikes whilst touring around Brittany and Normandie and not a sticker in sight.