PDA

View Full Version : Hayball Salisbury

QB1
25-06-13, 08:47 PM
Does anyone have any first hand experience of dealing with Hayball in Salisbury? Particularly when buying from them. I've never bought from them and wondered what they are like.

Trev
25-06-13, 09:38 PM
Hi Nicky, me again
I bought my MT-03 from them a two years ago, it was an ex-demo and I wasn't looking for any after sales service as out of warranty and was going to service myself so just wanted best deal. Got what I considered an excellent deal but had to speak to the boss (I think owner?) to get it. Bike was ready to collect when they said, had been serviced and even had half a tank of fuel which was nice considering I had driven a hard bargain. Never used their workshop but I did get a service and MOT reminder from them and every time I go back they're friendly and approachable.
Not sure that helps but in my limited experience nothing bad to report only positives.
Good luck

Rabb
25-06-13, 10:19 PM
They have a good reputation and I think I know the owner (acquaintance only)

QB1
26-06-13, 08:10 AM
Thanks Trev ;) and Rabb.

Conehead
26-06-13, 04:15 PM
I have found them to be expensive and if its for a tyre they will not fit odd tyres. Otherwise the service from my one time there was quite good. As Trev says, it is very hard to strike a deal and with me they were not interested.

Conehead
26-06-13, 04:21 PM
Where abouts are you Nicki?

Marmalade
27-06-13, 07:40 AM
I think their odd thing of charging for postage on anything you buy is off putting.
If I want something and they don't have it they can order it but them add a fiver for delivery for tomorrow when I might as well ride to Southampton or bristol, get it today for less money and no postage.

That are nice people though and do try to help with whatever.

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

QB1
27-06-13, 07:41 AM
Hi Conehead I'm not in Salisbury and tend to go to Fowlers for most bike bits/new bikes. HayBall is just one place I never think of and never go to dont know why really but am interested in getting a bike from them hence the reason for posting here.

Conehead
27-06-13, 03:27 PM
I cant comment on the bike sales sorry but good luck anyway.

matthews677
27-06-13, 10:21 PM
no dealings with the bike sales but they done my mot and corrective work with plenty of explanation of what they had to do and why etc. i found them extremely helpful when buying equipment and they couldn't help enough. they sold a bike when i was getting my mot done though and seemed to be very thorough with the customer and answered everything he could ask.