PDA

View Full Version : "The future is bright, the future is Orange"

redken1
22-06-13, 08:58 PM
I arrived home just as tea was being dished up (good timing on my part) to be met by a rather irate wife, “you only popped out at lunch time to get creocote for the fence from Proper Job (cheapest stockist), what took you so long?” Well, don’t let on, but I got lost and ended up in Fowlers of all places. Anyway, I have fallen ‘head-over–heels’ in love! Remember that 1st hot date when you drop her off at her door and you just can’t walk away without one more snog. Well, that’s how I felt today sitting on the KTM Duke – the 690 is awesome, but out of my price range and at a snip short of £7,000, a huge outlay for what is in essence a toy, albeit packed with full-on fun. So I’veprovisionally booked a test on his smaller brother the all new 390, I say provisionally as there is no confirmation of an arrival date as yet – the salesman did say that they are expected in soon. Weighing in at 139 kg and knocking out 44bhp of power this little baby will pack a punch and has fun-fun-fun written all over it, and hey only a few hundred quid more than the 200 Duke. Chuck in Bosch ABS and Brembo brakes as standard and I gotta have one of these little chocolate oranges. Shhhhhhh! Might not be a good time to mention it to the wife till she has calmed down a bit. Lol. Will let you know how I get on with the demo

BB
22-06-13, 11:36 PM
There could be trouble ahead!

pilninggas
24-06-13, 06:45 PM
useful insight here:

http://www.mpldigital.com/mortons-media/motorcycle-monthly/85

redken1
24-06-13, 10:31 PM
Cheers Merv. getting good reviews. Only slight negative from the pundits is a ? over build quality. Would have thought that KTM would keep a keen eye on quality control in the Indian factory to ensure its reputation remains intact.