PDA

View Full Version : Hej Hej

wiltshire builders
20-06-13, 02:30 PM
I'm currently in stockholm on the Scandinavian leg of my European tour.
Already done Copenhagen and Gothenburg.

The roads are very good as is the standard of driving but it's hard to avoid motorways.
Full and food stops are abundant but you may need a second mortgage. A bottle of beer is around £5 fuel is about the same as home.

Copenhagen is very much like Oxford and full of hipsters.
No chin too hairy, no trouser too tight and no bicycle too fixie!

Gothenburg is beautiful with the most amazing park I have ever seen.
I will definitely be back. I was lucky enough to make an um-friend who gave me a tour.

Stockholm is huge. I hired a segway and had a whiz round the islands. Just off to the park to work on a tan.

Next stop is Finland.

Nelly
20-06-13, 02:34 PM
sounds like your having a good time. Safe safe :)

off_again
20-06-13, 05:29 PM
Nice one! I am riding to Copenhagen at the end of July. Then to Sweden a little and back home again. Its going to be a bit of a trek, but looking forward to it.

Quick question - did you go to Scandinavia on the ferry, or did you go via Hook of Holland? Just trying to work out the best route (piss poor organising I know!)

Swanny
20-06-13, 06:02 PM
We need pictures of these girls :D

BB
20-06-13, 06:17 PM
I got biking friends in Finland. Great guys. Seemed to me when we were over there virtually all Finns spoke English! Have fun BB

wiltshire builders
20-06-13, 06:41 PM
Nice one! I am riding to Copenhagen at the end of July. Then to Sweden a little and back home again. Its going to be a bit of a trek, but looking forward to it.

Quick question - did you go to Scandinavia on the ferry, or did you go via Hook of Holland? Just trying to work out the best route (piss poor organising I know!)

I got the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg. book early as it went up by £90!
It's a 17 hour trip but it's a pretty good ship.

Trev
20-06-13, 07:49 PM
WB sounds fantastic, having holidayed in Norway year before last I can't wait to get to Scandinavia on the bike and your trip sounds almost exactly what I was hoping to do. Enjoy, be safe and mind the prices in Norway if you get go there

wheelers
20-06-13, 07:53 PM
did you see the Ullevi stadium in Goteborg, went many moons ago for the speedway world final pre gp format, strange shape , memories of blackcurrant schnapps with German fans :)

wiltshire builders
20-06-13, 10:04 PM
did you see the Ullevi stadium in Goteborg, went many moons ago for the speedway world final pre gp format, strange shape , memories of blackcurrant schnapps with German fans :)

Ahhh that's what it was. I thought it was the football stadium but then went past the real one. Very impressive.