PDA

View Full Version : Stubby adjustable levers

QB1
06-06-13, 05:34 PM
Been thinking of getting some stubby adjustable levers and looking on Ebay there are quite a few from Hong Kong which are much cheaper than UK sellers. Just wondered if anyone has ever bought any from Hong Kong and if they are any good? Just a bit worried they will be really poor quality.

og40
06-06-13, 07:11 PM
Hi nicki i got a set for my last bike and i have just got a set for my new bike and the quality seems to be good for the price and the seller i purchased them from as many others do sell them in various colours and 2 different sizes a combination of adjuster colours heres a link to the seller i got mine from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221006127087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

QB1
06-06-13, 11:00 PM
Thanks a lot og40 much appreciated 😃

Nelly
07-06-13, 10:56 AM
The levers on my Bird came from Honk Kong. Superb!

Bikermouse
07-06-13, 01:49 PM
Mine too came from Hong Kong (not had the pleasure of testing mine out yet - other than from the front of my house to the garage) but I'm almost certain that they will be just fine. Pretty quick delivery too, despite coming from "abroad".

QB1
07-06-13, 02:48 PM
Ordered some this morning :D

Senna(Dan)
08-06-13, 10:34 AM
I had a set on the XJ6 and it took 3 years for the colour to fade, but at that price you can't complain.

Having said that the ST came with Pazzo levers and they feel a bit more quality than the ones I had from eBay.

njl
08-06-13, 03:46 PM
I've had a couple of sets, needed a little work with a fine file as they were ever so slightly oversize on the faces around the pivot bolt, but that could well be just the one application

Julie_S
08-06-13, 10:26 PM
Mike has a set on the Street R. turned up quickly, beautifully packed, BUT pulled back far to far to the bars, also appeared to have too much slack in them up/down. Not really fit for purpose if you have no facilities at home for messing with stuff. Pulling back too far was sort with a rivet body, the up/down slackness with a 'Relentless' shin (thinest metal I could find. They did cost something silly like £18 to the door and are weld made and finished

Shorty
20-06-13, 03:47 PM
Might be a daft question! I have seen them on ebay and wondered what is the advantage/benefits to them over the standard levers?

QB1
20-06-13, 04:52 PM
Might be a daft question! I have seen them on ebay and wondered what is the advantage/benefits to them over the standard levers?

Means I can reach them...got little hands/short fingers :)

They actually make a huge difference if you have got small hands.

Shorty
20-06-13, 10:09 PM

Great thanks - I just might have to get some!

Uber Dave
21-06-13, 01:39 PM
I looked at getting some cheaper ones from China on ebay but in the end went with ASV levers which were more expensive but the build quality is second to none.

QB1
22-06-13, 09:06 PM
Well they arrived this morning and OH fitted them today and they are fantastic, amazing for the price.

OH has Pazzo levers on his bike and we truly both struggled to see any difference.

Quality is amazing for the price.

They are a great fit too.

I really didnt expect that for the price - VERY HAPPY with them.:)

napalm
04-07-13, 02:08 PM
I had a set of these ebay levers from hong kong arrive this morning, Foldable, adjustable (Span and length). Was dubious, but as a pair including delivery cost less than a single lever of Titax cheapest offering and waaaaay cheaper than Pazzo's I thought I'd take the risk.

So the upshot is, they seem excellent quality and are sturdily built. I've to fit them to the bike, so the jury is still out, but so far, so good. Delivery time from HK was under a week. Ordered an R1 throttle tube from Wemoto on the same day and still nothing!?

napalm
04-07-13, 07:58 PM
Have fitted the levers, no problem with the fit, 5 minute swap out! Quality seems good, probably not as comfortable as the standards as they're squarer profiled, but I'll get used to that. Had to tighten up all the adjuster nuts as they were a bit loose on delivery. Vertical slack is comparable to stock, adjustability is slick but secure. Can't see any issues, very pleased, for 40 notes you can't go wrong!
IF you see me in an accident at the track due to brake or clutch lever failure, I take all the above back!!! :-)