PDA

View Full Version : Flint motorcycle helmets from mega motorcycle store in swindon

badbreed
06-06-13, 05:05 PM
Hey all,
I've just bought a Flint motorcycle helmet from the mega motorcycle store in Swindon.
It's a really nice, comfortable and affordable helmet, but not until after I got home I realised that it does not have a gold kite mark sticker
On the back of it and I can't find the company Flint online anywhere. ( which I find a little strange )
What do you guys think?
Anyone got a Flint helmet or heard anything good or bad about them?

It feels a lot better fit than my 6 year old ceberg helmet which seemed to be very large for me now and move around a lot on my head.
To be honest I tried on a £320 shark helmet and this int felt more comfortable.

QB1
06-06-13, 05:24 PM
Hey all,
I've just bought a Flint motorcycle helmet from the mega motorcycle store in Swindon.
It's a really nice, comfortable and affordable helmet, but not until after I got home I realised that it does not have a gold kite mark sticker
On the back of it and I can't find the company Flint online anywhere. ( which I find a little strange )
What do you guys think?
Anyone got a Flint helmet or heard anything good or bad about them?

It feels a lot better fit than my 6 year old ceberg helmet which seemed to be very large for me now and move around a lot on my head.
To be honest I tried on a £320 shark helmet and this int felt more comfortable.

Never heard of Flint helmets.

Most helmets are listed here and you can check out how its performed when tested for safety -
http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Rabb
06-06-13, 07:41 PM
Flint might be their own brand helmet that they have had manufactured by a third party supplier.
- So that they have price & production cost control (As they are the only ones that sell the brand)
It could be made by one of the bigger brands and badger as Flint
- I will investigate and revert back later

badbreed
06-06-13, 09:41 PM
Cheers, I'm also trying to do some investigation of my own.

Birdylegs
06-06-13, 10:47 PM
Thanks for Info Nicki found mine http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/g-mac-pilot

QB1
06-06-13, 10:58 PM
I see on the Mega Motorcycle Facebook page it says the helmet is there own brand. Be interesting to know who actually makes them and what safety ratings etc they have.

Bikermouse
07-06-13, 01:51 PM
I saw those when we popped over to the former GW's store (now trading under Megastore!) to see Alex Lowes recently. Went home and googled and found absolutely nothing about Flint - so we have steered well clear. Not that I have any intention of spending one penny in that establishment.

kj

badbreed
07-06-13, 03:36 PM
Well after my own little investigation and removing the lining I have found that the Flint helmets seem to be made by a company called MHR.
They seem to make helmets and rebrand them to what ever you want.
I'm still looking into what other helmet brands they build for.

pilninggas
07-06-13, 04:26 PM
So you got a helmet that you like, with a 4* rating, probably for a good price. It's a win, whatever badges it has.

I bought some of their Flint gloves and really like them. Comfort matters so much on bikes.

Senna(Dan)
08-06-13, 10:31 AM
I am generally skeptical when it comes to brands that I don't know, a quick google in the shop often reveals whether you want to part with your cash or not.

If I am getting a good deal I will shop anywhere, my Shark RSR2 retailed at £400 last year. Having an XS helmet size means it cost me a measly £100 and is a great helmet.