PDA

View Full Version : aprilia rs 125 looking for advice and help to learn about working on her

Birdylegs
18-05-13, 11:36 PM
Just got driven 750 miles on it but don't know anything about it apart from serves manual had to get a bulb today and they told me it was a fake zeon bulb it had 3 led indicators and one bulb it's got arrow exhaust race power valve but mirrors can't see **** out off any help from any one here would be better then most biking forms I've tryed please let me know any tips or mods that would help THANKS for reading.
It's a 05 one

Toph
18-05-13, 11:54 PM
I had an Aprilia classic 125 cruiser a few years back... same engine as the RS, a Rotax 123, but detuned.. I rode it daily for 2 years, did 10,000+ miles... it was superb, never put a spanner on it. :cool:

I sold it to Luke.. another forum member, who rode it for a while, then sold it for a profit.

So moral of the story here... if it's running sweet.. don't bugger about with it.. it's easy to want more performance... so you fit ex- market bits and pieces... yeah the bike is a bit quicker... but is thoroughly unreliable. you'll be forever ripping it to pieces... and not riding it.

Birdylegs
19-05-13, 12:06 AM
Just need to do gearbox oil change and check what size carb it has wanted advice before starting work cleaning it up as last owner has mod it but don't know what want to get angle eyes so both lights come on diped and parking lights don't shine to do the job .

NiteW4tcher
19-05-13, 09:50 AM
there fairly highly strung engines and can go pop. just keep on top of oil changes.

Birdylegs
24-05-13, 03:24 PM
Also fitting a new alarm might have to take last alarm off I just take to machanic to fix :)

500tie
24-05-13, 08:07 PM
I hate bike alarms they give more problems than they solve if your getting one removed leave it off mate

Birdylegs
25-05-13, 01:35 PM
Found out the one on my bike has never worked and I ant got key fobs to even try but it's in the way and a alarm could come in handy saves looking out window every 5min like I did when I first got it

badbreed
26-05-13, 10:45 PM
I used to own a lovely P reg RS125, temperamental girl but such fun.
Had an engine rebuild at around 13000km, I used expensive oil, expensive fuel and rode it like I stole it.

In the winter I used a warmer grade of spark plug to help stop it oiling up, but only when I was doing short journeys.
I done my best to keep her out of any rain, the electrics, well ... Didn't like the rain

Also changing a clutch cable was a Bugger.

Does yours have 2 red lines up the front of it, think I seen one this week that did, looked nice.

Birdylegs
27-05-13, 01:20 AM
Taking it to garage to have someone look at it as it cuts out.

wheelers
29-05-13, 12:27 PM
welcome to RS land. beware of mods done poorly and junk the alarm. trouble is many RS' are owned by people with mates!!! "my mate said", " my mate done"