PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP lost a fan :(

Squashed_Fly
10-05-13, 10:19 AM
With the news that next year, we will have to pay £15 a month if we want to watch moto gp as it will be only screened on the BT Sports channels, it looks like this will be my last year watching it.

Am gutted, but I refuse to pay £15 a month to watch it. I only pay £16 a month for Sky Movies which screens all day every day, on 8 different channels and gives me access to hundreds of free films in the on-demand catalogue. £15 for 2 races a month is ridiculous. Great if you're a football fan as they are taking over 2 lots of league matches as well but seeing as I would only use it for the GP, I can't justify it. I'd rather save the money and watch 2 live races a year.

Dabz
10-05-13, 11:16 AM
Apparently BT broadband customers get BT Sports for free either through an existing Sky box or through the BT Vision box (or online), but from the website I can only see that you get details when you sign up for new broadband. Will have to investigate

Conehead
10-05-13, 03:52 PM
I wont be bothering as well. Everything is money money money. Our tv licence is gonna be worth nothing soon.

Geordie Stu
10-05-13, 03:58 PM
Does this effect the BBC only or Sky Euro sport channels also ?

Wes
10-05-13, 05:14 PM
Think its the whole lot mate

SupeRDel
10-05-13, 06:53 PM
Remember many years ago when there was live boxing on ITV or BBC on a saturday night. Boxers where houshold names. Then Sky bought all the rights to show the fights and it all died a death.

I could not tell you the name of one British boxer of any note now.

Toph
10-05-13, 10:58 PM
Is it not going to be on British Eurosport then?? or live on the BBC??

Uber Dave
11-05-13, 09:31 AM
Is it not going to be on British Eurosport then?? or live on the BBC??

Sadly not mate, BT won the whole rights to the racing from Dorna

bigone
11-05-13, 10:27 AM
Its crap isn't it, I don't think my broadband speed is fast enough to support BT TV even if I wanted it, and don't fancy subscribing to find out

Uber Dave
11-05-13, 10:38 AM
Its crap isn't it, I don't think my broadband speed is fast enough to support BT TV even if I wanted it, and don't fancy subscribing to find out

An advert on the radio yesterday said at the end in the caveat you need a connection capable of 400kb/sec

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

alanTDM
11-05-13, 11:21 AM
I haven't had a TV for years now dont miss it because i use the BBC iplayer and all the others forITV, Ch5 and Ch4 etc. But moving the MotoGp from BBC to BT is crap to say the least.However ill still watch it there is always away via downloads.

Darrbikes
11-05-13, 07:06 PM
I pay dorma directly for their online service, £85pa and you get all Moto 3,2 and gp. All practises , races etc and behind the scenes stuff. Been watching this way for the past few years as the BBC coverage is rubbish. Since F1 went to sky I hardly watch he BBC. Outrageous I still have to pay the license fee.....Pushing the web page to the Tv, make its just a good as anyone's service. Of course if your Internet connection is crap then this option isn't as good...

wiltshire builders
11-05-13, 09:20 PM
I haven't had a TV for years now dont miss it because i use the BBC iplayer and all the others forITV, Ch5 and Ch4 etc. But moving the MotoGp from BBC to BT is crap to say the least.However ill still watch it there is always away via downloads.

How do you know when to vote on the X factor?

redken1
12-05-13, 12:05 AM
Politics on a biking forum should not be allowed, especially on the general bike chat section. Just saying lol

alanTDM
12-05-13, 04:07 PM
How do you know when to vote on the X factor?

That's one of the many reasons why i aint got a TV lol

Senna(Dan)
13-05-13, 06:37 PM
I am cancelling SKY, it is brilliant at the moment with free HD and Eurosport as part of my deal. I won't however switch to BT as it means my broadband will cost another £30 a month.

Wouldn't mind but pushing £90 a month to watch 2 maybe 3 races a month is silly.