PDA

View Full Version : alarm removal

napalm
07-05-13, 08:46 PM
I'm looking at removing the alarm / immob from my gsxr750 track bike. I'm not a thief so have no idea whether this will be straightforward or something best left to the pros. I'm nervous if I make a start that I'll screw up the bike electrics leaving it non-starting. Can anyone offer any advice or tips? Thanks in advance....

Wes
07-05-13, 09:12 PM
Me again lol, best thing to do is start with a wire trace to find where the wires have been cut and bypassed to incorporate the alarm, i had the same when removing an immobilizer from the blade,hopefully it should be quite apparent what needs removing and re connecting, i bought some straight thru crimps which also had heat shrink at each end, so after i had remade the joint it could be made watertight, as much as possible and looks better than wrapping tape.

napalm
07-05-13, 09:47 PM
Ha ha, seems you're my guru today :-) Cheers for your help! I take it you mean trace the wires from the alarm back up the loom? Presumably I then rejoin wires of like for like colour? The shop i got the bike from said there might be all sorts of fake wiring in place to deter people removing the alarm, or something?
Give me a computer or a set of spanners and I'm at home! Give me a multimeter and some crimps and I might as well have my hands removed!!!

Wes
08-05-13, 05:53 AM
Yes mate that is pretty much it, take a few photos as you go if it helps, then you can also see what was connected togeather, but it shouldnt be too difficult. Cheers wes

Gooz
08-05-13, 10:47 PM
beat the crap out of it with a hammer, then call the boys around for beers and a drinking ahem thinking session lol

Conehead
08-05-13, 10:55 PM
I will go with Gooz's idea

napalm
09-05-13, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the tips guys :-) sounds like a good plan!!! :)

NiteW4tcher
11-05-13, 09:01 AM
i removed my accumen alarm. just traced wires back to loom, cut them out and re joined loom wires......soldered and heat wrapped. never had a issue

napalm
18-05-13, 07:32 PM
OK, thanks for the help. I've stripped back the loom and stripped out the wires, rejoining the loom where necessary. Problem I now have is the alarm unit is fixed to the under tray, with what i can only assume is an anti tamper bolt (the nut is circular, not hex shaped!) Having cut all the wires I can't disable the alarm for more than 30 seconds or put it in service mode (needs ignition connection). Everytime I move the bike the alarm goes off.

Short of cutting a hole in the undertray to remove the alarm, is there any way of disabling the alarm unit now it's isolated from the bike loom. At the moment it's not going off. Alternatively, do you know how long the unit's batteries will last with no connection to the bike battery?

Tips and help would be very much appreciated!

thanks

NiteW4tcher
19-05-13, 09:43 AM
the battery should die fairly quickly keep setting it off (unless your neighbours object) it will die faster. if not bury it in the garden :D can you get to the anti tamper bolt with a hack saw...try and split the head off.

napalm
19-05-13, 06:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help! Battery had died by this morning, left the bike wrapped in pillows and duvet last night, just in case :-)
Ended up carving out a small piece of the undertray to remove the alarm unit. Soldered up the loom connections and wrapped in lecky tape, job done! Track bike well on the way to being ready :-)
I reckon if I knew what I was doing the alarm could have been stripped out in under 10 minutes. Which makes it a waste of space!

Anyone want to come round for a hammer party?

NiteW4tcher
19-05-13, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=napalm;450535
I reckon if I knew what I was doing the alarm could have been stripped out in under 10 minutes. Which makes it a waste of space!
[/QUOTE]

we live to learn ...for next time :D

Gooz
20-05-13, 07:15 PM
Hammer parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :) would have loved to but erm you live bloody miles away :(

Birdylegs
21-05-13, 02:33 PM
Bit late now but could you have just disconnected the earth lead