PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to report !! Another biker down

XJ
07-05-13, 09:00 AM
A motorcyclist was killed in a crash on the A46 north of Bath over the bank holiday weekend.

Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the incident, which happened at 2.55pm on Sunday near Nimlet.

A 23-year-old man, who was riding a Yamaha 125cc motorcycle, died as a result of his injuries.

He was driving south, towards Bath, when he lost control while negotiating a bend and collided with a BMW 3 series, which was travelling in the opposite direction.

The road was closed in both directions for a number of hours while emergency crews were at the scene.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "We'd now like to speak to anyone using the road around this time who may have seen the vehicles prior to this collision or who witnessed it take place."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101.

Swanny
07-05-13, 09:17 AM
RIP :(

Last Train
07-05-13, 09:27 AM
:(

Dabz
07-05-13, 09:42 AM
:( lots of these being posted at the moment, not nice to hear :( RIP

QB1
07-05-13, 09:55 AM
It's so very sad yet another one, its all that seems to be here on the forum lately.

I know we are all so vulnerable on our bikes, and I'm not casting judgement in this really sad incident at all as I have no idea what happened, but I was out on Sunday, I dont ride slowly and a learner on a 125 shot past me on the bends going towards Bradford on Avon. I know we dont always see danger when we are younger and I'm no saint either but I remember thinking at the time that he'd be lucky if he doesnt have a crash riding like that. He'd have had stood no chance if a car was coming and there was certainly an element of luck that his little bike made it round the bends like it did. I guess we all need to think about speed etc and try and be as careful as possible.

Swanny
07-05-13, 10:57 AM
Life on the edge, some times you fall off..

Jon_W
07-05-13, 11:22 AM
Bad times.

RIP.

redken1
07-05-13, 12:19 PM
Yes I have to agree with a lot of the above - far too many biking fatalities of late. Very sad. RIP

Snowy
07-05-13, 12:28 PM
As above, its very sad - RIP.

I know it seems to be the case every year that there's a lot of motorcycle accidents happening as soon as the weather warms up after winter. I wonder if this is truly the case or if the numbers are consistent across the summer and its just that there's fewer bikers on the roads over winter, so we notice the statistics more in the spring?

Jacde
07-05-13, 12:35 PM
It's so very sad yet another one, its all that seems to be here on the forum lately.

I know we are all so vulnerable on our bikes, and I'm not casting judgement in this really sad incident at all as I have no idea what happened, but I was out on Sunday, I dont ride slowly and a learner on a 125 shot past me on the bends going towards Bradford on Avon. I know we dont always see danger when we are younger and I'm no saint either but I remember thinking at the time that he'd be lucky if he doesnt have a crash riding like that. He'd have had stood no chance if a car was coming and there was certainly an element of luck that his little bike made it round the bends like it did. I guess we all need to think about speed etc and try and be as careful as possible.

You assume that the person because they have L plates is young and is a learner?? There have been a lot of riders on this forum who have ridden for a long time on L plates who are neither youths nor are they in any shape or form 'learners'
At 23 the rider who is referred to above could well have had 7 years biking experience, that's 4 years more than me. Losing control isn't necessarily down to inexperience as I'm sure you are aware due to your vast biking experience and knowlegde. Your first line was all that was needed on this thread.

QB1
07-05-13, 12:59 PM
You assume that the person because they have L plates is young and is a learner?? There have been a lot of riders on this forum who have ridden for a long time on L plates who are neither youths nor are they in any shape or form 'learners'
At 23 the rider who is referred to above could well have had 7 years biking experience, that's 4 years more than me. Losing control isn't necessarily down to inexperience as I'm sure you are aware due to your vast biking experience and knowlegde. Your first line was all that was needed on this thread.

They rode that close that believe me I could see they were ''young'' and being on L plates means they haven't passed a test hence the person was a learner.

As I said I wasnt judging this very sad accident and loss and I really don't want to be disrespectful by turning this thread into any form of debate.

What I was trying to say is that just perhaps we could all learn from yet another truly sad loss and all take it steady and go carefully regardless of whether we are young old, learners or been riding for years.

Conehead
07-05-13, 04:29 PM
RIP

Bonnielass
07-05-13, 04:58 PM
I was re directed on Sunday, it must have been this accident. So sad. RIP

Go steady out there guys!

BB
07-05-13, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear this, RIP

BB

Wes
07-05-13, 06:27 PM
Very sad indeed

Goldie
07-05-13, 06:30 PM
RIP :(

Posh_Jo
07-05-13, 10:02 PM
Very sad :(

Rabb
07-05-13, 10:36 PM
Very sad - my sincerest condolences to his family & friends

Swanny
07-05-13, 10:55 PM
Maybe the BMW was cutting the corner and the poor chap had nowhere to go?

YMFB
07-05-13, 11:34 PM
Very sad, this last week at least three in our area, please ride safe, consider more training not just to improve your riding but improve your chances of avoiding other people's mistakes.

RIP all them.