Dabz
03-05-13, 08:47 AM
Bad news, RIP :(

Nelly
03-05-13, 08:58 AM
RIP :(

Stuntsunlimited
03-05-13, 09:06 AM
If I remember rightly there was a guy killed on that stretch last year on an R1 or R6. Very sad RIP.

QB1
03-05-13, 09:37 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-22389744

So sorry to hear this. RIP

BB

Such sad news indeed.

Horrible for all involved and sends a shiver down my spine as I love the roads out that way.

I see the rider was out with another biker at the time and if anyone is reading this who saw anything the Police are asking for witnesses/info.

Snowy
03-05-13, 03:56 PM
I noticed the road was closed when I went past yesterday and did wonder. Its one of my favourite local roads and can be very fast if you want it to be. I did hear that the rider was on a white Suzuki and that there was a 4 x 4 and another bike (black Honda) involved somehow. Its the second biker killed on this stretch in the last year and there's been numerous other incidents. RIP

Gooz
03-05-13, 04:04 PM
It is with the greatest sadness I post to inform all of this great community that Young Jamie Ottoway who rides with the RBLR Wilts group sadly passed in a motorcycle accident yesterday afternoon, with such a twist of irony as there always is in these events we were all sat with him joking and jibing him just the night before at the group meetings, He was so proud as he was celebrating his first year anniversary as a member of the RBLR that very night, at just 22 years old he was certainly an individual you would remember, with so much of life still to enjoy, when you all travel as we will on the memorial run this weekend, please keep a space open in your heart for Jamie and take him along with you all, he will be so missed by of us who knew him and his family and friends, Ride in Peace Jamie x I will keep you all informed of the arrangments, his family have requested rider attendance for his all too short celebration of life, some of you may well have known Jamie, at just 22 he had one of the biggest hearts you could imagine, just the night before we were all sat talking through ways to raise more money for the poppy appeal, well now its our turn to remember him, hopefully you will join us when the time calls x...................... We are just back from laying flowers at the scene with his family, Chills ran down my spine everytime a bike topped the crest of the bend and opened up to overtake blindly, If only they realised why we were all stood there :(

Toph
03-05-13, 05:19 PM
RIP Jamie.

redken1
03-05-13, 07:26 PM
Always very sad and too young RIP

Conehead
03-05-13, 08:13 PM
I don't want to start rumours or a witchhunt but I heard on the radio that the police want to speak to the other biker again about the accident.

RIP.

Gooz
03-05-13, 09:10 PM
the other biker was Jamie's friend, He is upside down right now as you can imagine this isn't the place or the time to go into the what's and wherefores, the other rider has been talking to the police and helping enquiries, the car driver was also as you can guess a great deal shaken up, however blame is no part of this post for me , Jamie's family are what counts and they have asked for riders to attend him when he is released from the hospital and arrangements are in place for his cremation.

Swanny
03-05-13, 11:13 PM
Rip :(

XJ
04-05-13, 08:14 AM
Very sad news, happening all to often lately. RIP Jamie & my condolences to his family.

Rabb
05-05-13, 07:20 PM
So tragic!
RIP Jamie