PDA

View Full Version : Biker down

Last Train
25-04-13, 07:31 PM
Pikey Mick Moore, of Christian Biker fame, had a head on with a deer Saturday.

He's in the Great Western Hospital in Swindon. Broken ribs, collarbone and wrist and a collapsed lung.

GWS Mick.

Swanny
25-04-13, 07:53 PM
GWS Mick sounds like a nightmare

BB
25-04-13, 09:02 PM
GWS Mick, I know exactly how you feel! I trust you killed the wretched beast?

BB

Dabz
25-04-13, 09:13 PM
Ouch, GWS

Rabb
25-04-13, 09:18 PM
GWS Mick!
Fast recovery!

Crosbie
26-04-13, 02:55 PM
Bring back hunting with dogs and reduce the numbers!

GWS.

Speaking of which any one seen this vid before? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw

Very very lucky.

BB
26-04-13, 06:01 PM
Eat more venison!

Swanny
26-04-13, 06:19 PM
I was riding towards Bradford late one dark drizzly night on my 250 and nearly ran into a cow which was being walked along the road by the farmer :eek:

Maz
26-04-13, 06:25 PM
Get better soon GWH!

Conehead
26-04-13, 07:17 PM
I was riding towards Bradford late one dark drizzly night on my 250 and nearly ran into a cow which was being walked along the road by the farmer :eek:

Hope you were approaching from in front of them rather than behind ....... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

Moo
26-04-13, 07:38 PM
Nearly hit two of them last year on the way back from Poole. One went each side of the bike, too close for comfort!!

Last Train
26-04-13, 08:40 PM
Eat more venison!

:D

The villainous cervine was duly spliced and diced

YMFB
26-04-13, 10:12 PM
Nearly hit two of them last year on the way back from Poole. One went each side of the bike, too close for comfort!!

There are nearly always deer on the Wimboure to Sixpenny Handley Rd.

GWS

R1abuser
26-04-13, 10:16 PM
My father in law hit a dear at 60mph last yr did both his arms an hand in, bloody creatures

Swanny
19-08-13, 10:23 PM
Late Sunday night coming back along the A303 near Wincanton we passed a dead deer in the left hand lane. Even riding into it when it was dead would have been a nightmare, the bloody thing was enormous :eek: There are warning signs along that stretch so watch out along there.
God knows what hit it but it must have been a mess

Goldie
20-08-13, 10:53 AM
yowchie :o GWS

Uber Dave
20-08-13, 11:39 AM
Having hit a deer in my car a few years back it has always been one of my biggest fears on the bike. Come close on a couple of occasions of hitting an already downed animal in the road in the dark on the bike, and seen them lurking (alive) on the side near bushes too.

GWS

Nelly
20-08-13, 12:40 PM
Had one hurtle in to the side of the car that i was following on the way home from Popham last year. It ran straight out of a hedge and put a major hold in the side of the car. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Crosbie
20-08-13, 03:13 PM
Has he made a full recover yet?

On a side note, i read a story on the wiltshire times site yesterday that a rider of a honda CBR 900 collided with a deer last wednesday on the A36 suffering a suspected dislocated shoulder.

Bloody animals. Hope the rider recovers quick.

Last Train
21-08-13, 07:07 PM
Has he made a full recover yet?........

I've not seen him for a month or so but, bar a couple of minor hitches, he was well on the mend then.

His Victory is getting a really good revamp too.

Thorkill_The_Tall
21-08-13, 09:54 PM
Unless I got confused by his accent, I think he's got to have surgery, due to it not healing properly.

I too hit a dear once, on the Midford Road, just outside Bath.
It seems like it's much more common than I thought.

Conehead
21-08-13, 10:39 PM
I feel honoured not to have experienced this yet. The closest I have come was with a suicidal pigeon but I managed to duck in time. :rolleyes:

919honda
22-08-13, 11:46 AM
GWS !!

I nearly hit a moose while driving through Algonquin National park in Canada last year, it just jumped out at us !! , the thing was the size of a elephant !!! would have taken us all out for sure !!!

Rabb
28-08-13, 11:23 AM
GWS Mick.
Swanny - did you have a word with the farmer?
I can probably guess which words were used ;-()

pluggedinpete
01-09-13, 02:25 PM
As I'm sure some of you guys will remember, I ht a dog on the A361 last winter, that was bad enough, cant imagine the hurt of hitting a deer at 50+ mph

BB
02-09-13, 01:20 PM
The trouble is there isn't really anything that preys on deer apart from man and we are all a bit prissy about killing anything that is wild or pretty nowadays. Of course it's no problem if said wild pretty thing kills or maims a few bikers or wrecks the odd car. I wrote my bonnie off about 6 years ago killing a suicidal deer near Paxcroft Trowbridge. Accident investigation reckon I was doing about 50 when I hit it, I don't recall any of it, not even the helicopter ride. I woke up in Great Western Hospital Swindon, 1st thought was this smells like hospital - sh*t what hurts? and rather a lot did! 2nd thought was - Noo! I'm going to IOM in 6 weeks! I was pretty lucky and back on a bike inside 6 months with just a couple of residual effects that I get to keep forever. If anyone asks if I'm in favour of culling I'll let you guess what the answer would be :)