PDA

View Full Version : A cautionary tale

DaytonaDog
14-04-13, 07:44 PM
Ladies and gents

If you are planning on going on holiday anytime I would advise you to check the policy wording of your documents and in particular the exclusions as you may not be as covered as you think you are, as I recently found out, at great expense. I recently went on a skiing holiday and overnight on the last evening I had the misfortune of having some of my skiing equipment stolen from the hallway of the chalet I was staying in. I put in a claim to the insurance company and they have point blank refused to pay me a penny, using one of their many exclusions, i.e. the small print. In this instance the exclusion was down to the fact that I had left the equipment unattended and out of sight (quite how I am meant to keep it insight when I am fast asleep is beyond me), and that I could not show that the chalet had been broken into by force or violence (i.e. a burglary).

Moral of the story, check the small print and sleep with your valuable equipment to be properly covered!!!!!!

Nokesy
14-04-13, 07:59 PM
Shame Chris - they always seem to get out of paying up via small print. Hope skiing before this was good tho and it was still a good holiday.