PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Matt4395
10-04-13, 07:22 PM
Hey fellow bikers.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Chinese bike "Superbyke Cruzer 50cc"
I'm having some trouble with the electrics, in particular the indication circuit. The indicators work fine when on tick over and flash the right speed but when I am riding and go to acellerate they flash twice maybe three times as fast. My battery is fine and is fully charged (I had it checked by the Battery shop in Swindon) and I believe that my generator is working fine and producing the right voltage.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be because I seem to be getting nowhere, I cannot afford to take it to a professional and I need it to get me to and from college and work.

Any help is appreciated greatly!

:D

NiteW4tcher
10-04-13, 09:00 PM
hi

what voltage are you getting with the bike running?

Wes
10-04-13, 09:08 PM
Have you changed the indicator bulbs or indicators themselves? sometimes if you put the wrong ones in, it can affect the flash rate.

Matt4395
10-04-13, 09:16 PM
I've not changed the bulbs they're the ones they came with. And when I checked it the voltage was 14 volts just over

Wes
10-04-13, 09:26 PM
Could be that your indicator relay is playing up, this could affect the rate, usually straight forward enough to replace.

Matt4395
10-04-13, 11:48 PM
So How would I check if the relay is working properly then?

Wes
11-04-13, 05:57 AM
Not sure if theres a method of testing matt, just a process of elimination really, you should be able to pick a new one up for a couple of quid, then its only a matter of swapping them over, should be a two pin connection, so its quite easy. Hope this helps

spudgun
11-04-13, 10:18 AM
Silly question, are all the indicators working? If you have one bulb blown it will cause a faster flash rate

Matt4395
11-04-13, 10:38 AM
Okay thank you Wes I'll check that out today.
Spudgun. Yeah all the indicators are working and they're bright enough