PDA

View Full Version : Hello from thecrookedman

thecrookedman
12-07-07, 01:39 PM
Ladies and gentleman hello :) I hope you do not mind a old timer on this wonderful Forum. I have been around a while in the Salisbury area. Not up to much riding this last couple of years because of old bones. However I am still very interested in motorcycles. I still have a motorcycle (the last time I looked). It wears s a 1968 black and white registration plate and is called a Vincent. Look forward to hearing more about you all on the Forum. Take care out there - thecrookedman

HC8
12-07-07, 01:45 PM
hello crookedman and welcome look fwd to meeting you out and about :)

Kevinb
12-07-07, 01:52 PM
Hello Crookedman
What flavour of Vincent do you have?
If you ever want to give it away to a good home I can always make room in my garage

Cheers

Kev

thecrookedman
12-07-07, 03:09 PM
Hi kevinb. Thank you for the welcome. The motorcycle is 998cc and a twin cylinder. Best regards from thecrookedman

Harleychic thank you for your greetings. Approximately two years ago I joined the pet food run to Newton Tony. I expect there were a few riders from this Forum there.

Dabz
12-07-07, 03:34 PM
welcome to wiltshire bikers!

HC8
12-07-07, 03:59 PM
Hi kevinb. Thank you for the welcome. The motorcycle is 998cc and a twin cylinder. Best regards from thecrookedman

Harleychic thank you for your greetings. Approximately two years ago I joined the pet food run to Cholderton. I expect there were a few riders from this Forum there.

sorry gave up pet food runs when the ht lead on my lemansII disintergrated and kept zapping leg in the rain ;D ;D ;D now the food runs i like are ones to get KFC :D

Kevinb
12-07-07, 05:26 PM
If you fancy a blast up to Trowbridge for a chat on Friday evening I would love to drool over/I mean look at the Vincent.
Which model do you have?

Cheers

Kevin

Amante_271
13-07-07, 07:10 AM
;D ;D ;D now the food runs i like are ones to get KFC :D
I always knew you were a woman after my own heart!! LOL!

Welcome Crooked man!

Nice to have someone on here with a classic bike.

Are you going to go to the Calne Bike Show on the 21st? Im sure you and the Vincent would attract alot of attention, for all the right reasons of course!!! :)

thecrookedman
13-07-07, 08:12 AM
Kevinb Thanks for the offer of a "blast" Have to decline however as Trowbridge too far these days. I will try to get Quaker to the MOT station the end of the month.

Amante 271 - Hello. Yes Calne. I managed to get there the year before last. Alas not this year as both I and my Vincent Comet buddy are out of action for a while.

FJ_Biker
13-07-07, 08:34 AM
hello thecrookedman, I remember your Vincent from the wildlife run two years ago

thecrookedman
13-07-07, 08:53 AM
Hello FJ_Biker

and thank you. Yes the wildlife run. We joined the run at the public house start. The destination Newton Tony is not far from where we live. One of the owners of Wildlife Rescue is a girl I went to school with many many years ago - so it was great to catch up.

Oh - and you have a good memory. Individual motorcycles after 2 years - that is certainly impressive. Sometimes when I go to the garage I can not remember what motorcycle will be inside!

schwee
13-07-07, 08:49 PM
Hello and welcome :D

furry-TLR
13-07-07, 09:17 PM
Welcomes :)

Amante_271
15-07-07, 07:16 AM
Sometimes when I go to the garage I can not remember what motorcycle will be inside!

Thats the damn cooking sherry for you! When it kicks in like that I cant remember a bloody thing!!!

What was I saying again?? Minds gone blank......!

FJ_Biker
15-07-07, 11:33 PM
thecrookedman wrote

Oh - and you have a good memory. Individual motorcycles after 2 years

It might have something to do with this thread ;)

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1178730790/0#0

thecrookedman
16-07-07, 08:47 AM
FJ_Biker

The picture explains it!