PDA

View Full Version : Hello all...

hotdog
18-03-08, 02:24 PM
Just joined the site today so wanted to say hi and look forward to meeting up with some of you sometime. We're Dave and Meike and we moved to Wiltshire about 5 years ago. Got two motorcycles... a Suzuki GSF1250SA for fun and a Honda GL1800 for touring. Of course some won't think that is a bike lol but we've heard all the jokes and anyway we're having the optional jacuzzi fitted next week [smiley=tongue.gif]

I do all the riding and Meike, my wife, enjoys being driven everywhere even though she holds a full bike license. I'm not the fastest rider - did all that when I was in my teens and 20's. Now with an older and wiser (apparently) head, am more interested in riding safely and smoothly although we're not often the slowest either lol.

We have too many hobbies and interests but motorcycling is by far our biggest. We're members of too many bike clubs to mention but to be honest get most fun from meeting up and riding with mixed groups rather than single makes. Will ride in any weather but obviously prefer sunshine and dry roads.

Often pop to George Whites or Greasy Joes for coffee and burger at the weekends so might even have met some of you already lol.

Anyhow... hi and hope that's a suitable intro.

Regards,

bobthecod
18-03-08, 04:12 PM
Hi Dave and Meike,

Welcome. I Hope to see you out and about, if this weather ever sorts itself out.

igbell
18-03-08, 04:41 PM
Hello and Welcome, nothing wrong with a GoldWing, it has 2 wheels and a engine so it is a bike I say.

Ladyridercymru
18-03-08, 04:59 PM
Herrrow!

Welcome to WB

Be great to meet up with you one day.

Mandy
x

Bonnielass
18-03-08, 06:28 PM
Hi Dave and Meike, hope to meet up with you sometime.

sburv
18-03-08, 08:20 PM
Hi Dave & Meike,

Welcome to the mad house. Hope to be seeing you out and about soon.

Ghost
18-03-08, 09:27 PM
Hi and welcome to WB

Amante_271
18-03-08, 10:14 PM
Hi and welcome to what some of us refer to as the Home for the Moderately Bewildered, but as Aspen cart drivers you are already, probably, inmates any way!! ;D

Sorry.... somebody had to get the gag in and its usually me!! :-[

Any way as you will see we are all quite fun here so muck in and dont be afraid to laugh, and join in the merry wit and banter!! :)

dee600
19-03-08, 10:39 AM
hi and welcome to WB
hope to see you soon i dont get out much for rides out at the moment :'(but if your passing the sally call in any time and say hi we are all mad bikers but work just gets in the way at the momenent but we are all hoping for more free time in the summer to get out on the bikes and meet up with some WB for some ride outs

hotdog
20-03-08, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm sure we'll be out and about this weekend... the weather looks like it will be slightly better than forecast but windy (apart from Sunday). Monday looks like the best day.

Anyhow, thank you again and hope we'll meet some of you soon.

Regards,

Ghost
20-03-08, 03:22 PM
If the weather forcast I've just been looking at is the same one you have been looking at and you consider that to be an improvement, then I take my hat off to you if you are out & about purely for pleasure this weekend! :o

hotdog
20-03-08, 07:07 PM
It's an improvement based on earlier forecasts not based on earlier this week unfortunately. It looks like it will be real windy tomorrow especially but dry for most of the day... same on Saturday... Bucketing down on Sunday and sun glorious sun on Monday. To me that says 3 out of 4 days for riding which is not bad... although the wind can be a little worrying. Don't think I'll take the Goldwing out lol.

Regards,

pip1965
20-03-08, 07:18 PM
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FJ_Biker
21-03-08, 07:33 AM
Hello D and M

hotdog
21-03-08, 01:32 PM
Thank you for the further welcomes. Already been out today and about to set off again... lovely weather lol... OK, bit windy but what the heck lol.

dee600
21-03-08, 04:08 PM
thanks for rubbing it in some of us have to work hope you have fun and the weather stays ok for you

hotdog
21-03-08, 05:55 PM
Gee, sorry lol. I usually have to work too and I work crazy hours from home so I don't usually have an excuse to get out on the bike during the week. So bank holiday, weather good or bad... I went out again and got rained on! But still had a lot of fun. Thanks :) Looking at the hail storm that just went over, I'm glad I wasn't out in that mind you.

dee600
25-03-08, 02:47 PM
well i am glad to see you had some fun and got wet i cant wait till the summer to get time off and get out myself and not just to and from work and the bike mite stay clean for a couple of days when i clean it