PDA

View Full Version : One more new member!

Hunar
22-04-08, 12:38 PM
Hi all!

Hmm what to say? well I finally managed to get my bike test done about 4 years ago, and got myself a XTZ750 which I rode for about a year before being forced to stop driving and riding due to health problems, and had to sell the bike. finally the urge to get back into the saddle was too great and I managed to lay my hands on a G plate FJ1200, which I have owned for about a month now, and I am loving it! Rain or shine, I am on my bike, I think the GF has forgotten what I look like. We have a few rallies planned for this year, and hope to attend as many local meets as possible, so this looks like being a great year!

Hope to see some of you out there, its great to have a throttle operated grin at last! :D

sburv
22-04-08, 01:08 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Good to see another all weather rider. Enjoy your stay and I hope to see you out and about somtime.

weefrenchie
22-04-08, 02:32 PM
Helloooo! :)

Glad to see another all weather rider! Welcome to WB! And welcome back to riding :D

Sharik
22-04-08, 02:33 PM
Hello Hunar

Are you aware of the FJ & FJR Owners Club who have their own workshop for servicing and supplying of parts for the venerabl Fudge?

darrenatthesally
22-04-08, 02:36 PM
hello and welcome to wb glad to see another happy all weather rider look forward to seeing out and about :)

Hunar
22-04-08, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

sharik, the guy I got the bike from was a member/former member of the owners club, and had all the work done there. I didn't get the info off him unfortunately, yeah pretty dumb I know but I was in 'GIMME KEYS MUST RIDE' mode at the time, do you have any contact details for them?

Darrenatthesally, you should see me (and probably the missus as well) this thursday at the sally, looking forward to the ride out there, and meeting some new faces!

darrenatthesally
22-04-08, 03:00 PM
sounds good to me last week had about 50 bikes out for are 3rd night so hopefully the weather will be good and we will have a few more out and about :)

Sharik
22-04-08, 03:29 PM
Try here:

http://www.fjclub.co.uk/

I can recommend the club workshop as they know the FJ & FJR inside out and all servicing is carried out as per Yamaha's schedule (unlike many franchised dealer workshops).

igbell
23-04-08, 04:12 PM
Hello and welcome

wingrider
23-04-08, 04:34 PM
Hi Hunar and welcome to WB :)

Dabz
23-04-08, 08:24 PM
welcome to wb :)

FJ_Biker
24-04-08, 07:29 AM
Hello Hunar from a fellow FJ’er

Hunar
24-04-08, 11:20 PM
I had this FJ for about a month and I love it. Its got the grunt there if I need it, and the damned thing practically rides itself. I was a little worried about getting a 1200 (last bike was a XTZ750), but those worries vanished when i rode it home for the first time, and now I can't wait to get on it. After 3 years of being without a bike (after only 1 year of finally being able to ride) I am still getting my confidence back, but I can honestly say that the FJ is a very forgiving bike, and its absolutely spot on, its a joy to ride, and the mrs finds it nice and comfortable as well. The only problem I have at the moment is findng enough places to go for days out, that don't cost a packet. Neither of us work (she is registered as disabled, and I am still going through what they call 'recovery' after some health problems, so I am not allowed to work at the moment >:( ), so even finding petrol pennies can be a struggle, but as it stands the bike has given me a lot better quality of life, being mobile again makes so much of a difference. Now I can work on finding a job, and getting myself back on top, the only problem here is what job!

Ghost
25-04-08, 07:43 PM
Hi and welcome to WB. I hope you health problems are behind you and you can enjoy some fun on out the bike with like minded peeps.