PDA

View Full Version : Yo! Hello fellow WBs

Scotty
13-01-09, 08:33 PM
Hey, just joined and thought I'd say hello - my girlfriend (the lovely Honda_Star) has been on here a while so I thought I'd come and have a play too. I know Newbury isn't in Wilts but I spend heaps of time there anyway so by my reckoning I qualify as an honourary resident. We're going to head to the Sally on Thursday to meet our new friends - any hints for recognising any of you there? I figure there won't be hundreds of bikes outside and hordes of leather clad peeps thronging the bar so can you give us a hint?
Cheers, see you soon 8-)

BB
13-01-09, 10:33 PM
Hi and welcome to WB. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz & I are talking about going over on Thursday - but knowing us we will probably be in a car! ::)

BB

mikesouthby
13-01-09, 11:46 PM
I'm hoping to get across, and I'll be on the 6 leather clad ;)

jack930
14-01-09, 12:14 AM
I should be their ,ill be in biking gear, im the same been a few times only ever met 1 or 2 peps ,same as a ride out we did befor crimbo, would be nice to meet a few more ..

mikesouthby
14-01-09, 12:20 AM
Should we try and arrange a time to meet so we don;t all come and go at different times?

jack930
14-01-09, 12:28 AM
i should be geting their for around 7 - 7.30 ish but this might be a little early for some ,so i guess ill have to wait lol

Oh :-[ Hi scotty welcome to WB

mikesouthby
14-01-09, 12:33 AM
I 'guestimate' I can be there for around 8. I'll be working in High Wycombe during the day so by the time I get home and swap the cage for the 6, I can't see myself being there any earlier.

Welcome Scotty, am new here myself as you have probably seen! Where about's in Newbury? I used to live and work in Newbury last year before moving here (Swindon) in march '08

R1chie
14-01-09, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the site

Good ole Newbury, I used to hang around there a bit a few years back. Still go back every now and again as I get my car serviced there.

FJ_Biker
14-01-09, 07:19 AM
Hello Scotty

Nelly
14-01-09, 08:03 AM
Welcome :)

igbell
14-01-09, 09:08 AM
Hello and welcome sir, all the best to you

darrenatthesally
14-01-09, 11:11 AM
hi and welcome to wb

jonnydangerous
14-01-09, 01:53 PM
Hi Scotty, il be the one on the RD250lc (although its badged as a 350)...except i wont be there as im in babysitting :'(
will meet you at some point, going to be a good year i think :D

6T
14-01-09, 03:36 PM
welcome to wb scotty,i will be going down the sally this week i ride a 1957 triumph thunderbird in black does tend to stand out parked next to modern bikes ;D ;Dsteve :)

crewy
14-01-09, 05:00 PM
Hi scotty welcome to wb.

BB
14-01-09, 06:05 PM
welcome to wb scotty,i will be going down the sally this week i ride a 1957 triumph thunderbird in black does tend to stand out parked next to modern bikes ;D ;Dsteve :)

Nothing wrong with an old black british bike, Steve ;D although you won't see my old girl for a while yet! :(

BB

Scotty
14-01-09, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the welcomes folks, looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow evening - we'll be coming by car so we'll look for the likely suspects when we arrive, probably between 7.30-8 (got to find the place first... ::) ) - can we get food at the Sally? :-?

I live in Speen, just off the A4, Hungerford side. Newbury's ok, though a little bit small-town at times to be honest, but it has some nice pubs and restaurants and we're getting a cinema soon Woo!Hoo! :)

BB
14-01-09, 10:51 PM
Yes they do good food - I may well be eating there myself.

I'm not sure what time I'll get there as I'm seeing Dracula 1st [smiley=evil.gif] (blood donors)

BB

mikesouthby
15-01-09, 10:09 AM
I used to eat quite a lot at the Hare and Hounds so know Speen quite well!

6T
15-01-09, 01:19 PM

Nothing wrong with an old black british bike, Steve ;D although you won't see my old girl for a while yet! :(

BB i am thinking of getting myself something a little more modern for the longer rides my last modern bike was a 750 four honda not so modern now though ;D ;D any bikes you could recommend. is a real shame about the aj is the tank creased or just pushed in is the paint cracked?the reason i say this i believe there is a way of removing dents with a little heat then dry ice or co2 when the metal contracts the dent pops out this means you can also keep the original paint finish, clever if it works :D steve :)

BB
16-01-09, 09:01 AM

BB i am thinking of getting myself something a little more modern for the longer rides my last modern bike was a 750 four honda not so modern now though ;D ;D any bikes you could recommend. is a real shame about the aj is the tank creased or just pushed in is the paint cracked?the reason i say this i believe there is a way of removing dents with a little heat then dry ice or co2 when the metal contracts the dent pops out this means you can also keep the original paint finish, clever if it works :D steve :)

It's pushed in and the paint is cracked :(

BB

Carbonkid
16-01-09, 10:19 AM
nice to meet you on Thursday. Welcome... ;)

Hunar
16-01-09, 11:21 AM
welcoem to the WB!

Bikermouse
17-01-09, 05:02 PM
Hi and welcome to WB