PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Wirral

KwakGeorge
13-02-09, 08:42 PM
Hello there… I’m George and I’ve joined up to today in order to seek your help, assistance or advice. In fact I don’t live in Wiltshire but am a resident of the Wirral. I belong to a couple of biker groups, namely Northwest Bikers, Shippons MCC and Wirral Egg Run Forum Riders. So I guess you’re wondering what on earth I’m doing here!!!! Well it’s simple really, I ride in a number off Charity events within the North West of England including the Wirral Egg Run (you may of heard of this one….it had 7000 bikers in it last year) and also a Deeside Rotary event raising funds for 2 hospices and the Welsh Air Ambulance. It is in connection to the latter event, that I am here. I have a brother who lives in Wiltshire and is a Rotarian and I suggested that his Rotary Club should look at doing something similar down there,(i.e. a Rotary Charity Bike Ride) as I keep pointing out to him that us bikers are very giving people and we will use any old excuse for a good rideout! ;D

OK that’s the background so here’s what I would like to know,

1.Would Wiltshire Bikers be prepared to get involved with Rotary and jointly stage such an event?
2.If Yes, who would we need to contact within your group?
3.A tentative date of the 5th April is being considered, so do you know of any other biker events that this may clash with, on that date?
4.What would be considered a reasonable distance for the run. 40, 50, 60 miles or more?

I look forward to your responses and hopefully you’ll still keep me as a member so if I’m ever in Wiltshire with my bike, I’ll be able to join you all on a rideout. ;)

Many thanks for you time. :)

Take care and ride safe. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
13-02-09, 08:56 PM
Hi George & welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Offhand I don't know of anything on the date you suggest and I'm sure that quite a few WB members would be more than happy to attend your charity event and most would be more than willing to go far more than 60 miles on a ride out. Down here in Wiltshire we support a number of charities via ride outs - personally, I'm always more than willing to support the Wiltshire Air Ambulance! ;)

Good luck with organising your event and I look forward to meeting you sometime when you venture down this way

BB

Ryan
14-02-09, 05:31 PM
Hello welcome :)

6T
14-02-09, 06:24 PM
Hi George welcome to WB :) i have seen the Wirral egg run posted on a vintage bike forum i go on but a little to far for the old Triumph ;D so would be good if something was set up down this way i would certainly be interested in attending :)

crewy
15-02-09, 12:05 AM
hello and welcome to WB,

like thunderbird said the ride are a bit far for me, but good luck!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

darrenatthesally
15-02-09, 09:32 AM
hi and welome to wb

Iceman
03-03-09, 08:04 PM
bump.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]