PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

dan_allen_1
23-04-09, 10:20 AM
Hi All,

I have had this site recommended to me so thought I would take a look.
Im fairly new to biking, and therefore biking forums. I live down in sunny (well, today anyway) Trowbridge and ride a GSXR600 Alstare Ltd edition 2000 model.
My wife also recently took her test. Due to her restricted license she is riding a CBR125R 2008 at present.

Thats about all I think. Im looking forward to going to meets this summer and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

Thanks for listening ;)

Dan

igbell
23-04-09, 11:02 AM
Yellow and Welcome to the wonderful world of WB :D ;D ;)

Carbonkid
23-04-09, 11:43 AM
Welcome to WB... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FJ_Biker
23-04-09, 12:14 PM
Hello dan_allen_1

jack930
23-04-09, 12:52 PM
Welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif] see u soon

Kevinb
23-04-09, 12:59 PM
Hello Dan from another Trowbridge biker

Kev

steveo
23-04-09, 04:06 PM
hello and welcome to wb mate, look forward to meeting you

BB
23-04-09, 10:23 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB (another Trowbridge biker)

Ryan
23-04-09, 10:50 PM
Welcome To WB :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

IanTasker
24-04-09, 09:37 AM
Hiya mate, nice looking gixer, always liked the Alstare edition

dan_allen_1
24-04-09, 09:46 AM
Hiya mate, nice looking gixer, always liked the Alstare edition

Thank you Ian. I knew from the moment I saw it that was the bike I wanted. Although, im not adverse to the 750 now.

Still trying to learn the ropes here, could somebody explain the "Sally" reference that pops up all over the forum? Sorry to be a complete noob.

D :D

R1chie
24-04-09, 09:54 AM
Hello Dan, welcome to WB

The "Sally" is a pub where WB's 'official' weekly is located.

Details here: http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1211394373

IanTasker
24-04-09, 10:11 AM
Yea mate the paint scheme on them is wicked, i was exactly the same with my gixer, saw it and fell in love.....awww bless :)

ONFIRE
24-04-09, 10:13 AM
Hello Dan, welcome to WB

Details here: http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1211394373

Wish someone told me...Think I'll make it next week.

Welcome Dan 8-)

dan_allen_1
24-04-09, 10:37 AM
Hello Dan, welcome to WB

Thank you :) I figured it was something like that, but wasn't quite sure. I'll try to make it somewhen in the next couple of weeks and introduce myself.

I've been looking for a group to get involved with, and thanks to a colleagues husband, i've found you guys :D

Thanks

D

crewy
25-04-09, 07:52 PM
Hello and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

26-04-09, 01:18 PM
Hi Dan
Would be interested in meeting up with you (but preferably your wife!) as I have also only recently passed my test and have a restricted bike - so alittle worried whether on meets I might get left behind! I am new to this site to hopefully meet people that I can ride with now and again as riding on your own isn't as much fun! Maybe you could tell me when you are both off to a meet and maybe I could tag along? I have a MT03 which is causing me some issues as it doesn't like being restricted >:( In the bike shop this week so hopefully all be ok soon.
Hope to meet you soon
Rachel :)

Ryan
26-04-09, 01:23 PM
Hi Dan
Would be interested in meeting up with you (but preferably your wife!) as I have also only recently passed my test and have a restricted bike - so alittle worried whether on meets I might get left behind! I am new to this site to hopefully meet people that I can ride with now and again as riding on your own isn't as much fun! Maybe you could tell me when you are both off to a meet and maybe I could tag along? I have a MT03 which is causing me some issues as it doesn't like being restricted >:( In the bike shop this week so hopefully all be ok soon.
Hope to meet you soon

You wouldent get left behinde on rideouts, we use marker systems so NO ONE gets left out of the group [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dan_allen_1
26-04-09, 03:21 PM
Hi Dan
Hope to meet you soon

Sounds good to me. I see you're Trowbridge too. We live on Broadmead, just before you leave Trowbridge for Bradford. Do you know it? We haven't been on any meets or ride outs yet, so would be good to have someone to ride out with, especially as you and Nicki are both on restricted bikes - well, hers isnt restricted, just a 125.

Which meets are you thinking about going to?

Looking forward to meeting you

D :D

26-04-09, 10:01 PM
Hi Dan and wife!
Just signed up for July 25th but hope to go to some soon! Will be watching the message boards. Yes I know Broadmead - moved from there 8 years ago and now live t'other side closer to the College.

Rachel

26-04-09, 10:04 PM
Ryan 9T9
Thanks for your message - this whole 'thing' is quite scary, going out with bikers you don't know etc but having past my test and got a bike I want to enjoy it with company! Have recently been riding with my partner but as partner is no more need to find other riders and don't know anybody with a bike - have taken to biking rather later than many of you on this site!!
Rachel

Honda_Star
26-04-09, 10:08 PM
Hey Rachel
Welcome to the forums..give me a shout if you want to go for a ride out with a fellow girlie :)

Iceman
28-04-09, 11:50 AM
hiya and welcome!