PDA

View Full Version : Inroducing myself, and my bike..!!!

H
25-05-09, 02:26 PM
Hi all, My name is H, short for Howard. 47 [feel 30 though!] Just taken delivery of a K1300s on Thursday last week and already have 600 miles on the clock [must book first service this week.....]
Like most people my age, i've had a few bikes since my teens [CH250RS to start, great bike, CB750F2C, and a drizzle of italian bikes, one, a pantah, my mate has in Odiham and it looks superb]
Been riding a harley for the last three years, and, no offence to others, but its not 'real' biking.
Went to the NEC in November, not intending to change, and sat on the BMW. a wedge of cash last week delivered a tri-colour 13S with all the bits and its fantastic ;D

I live in Holt, between Bradford and melksham and have been watching the forum for a while. I'd like to join in on one of the rides soon if i may.

I cannot believe the weather today, those that ventured out are lucky, its 22c here and not a cloud in the sky. Why do we pay the met-office to forecast things???? No idea. Hey ho, so sat with a glass and the BBQ on.

Well, hope to meet you all soon.

Cheers

H

gedmib
25-05-09, 03:15 PM
ello H an welcome.....enjoy ya bbq.. but the ride out was gooood.

jack930
25-05-09, 03:31 PM
Hi and welcome to WB,,yep ya missed a good ride,and your right about the met,most of us whent all dressd for rain,i for 1 was sweeting me nut's off lol :D

H
25-05-09, 05:07 PM
Thats right, rub it in... LOL
BBQ has been great, vino even better.
Glad you had a good ride, where did you all go, just so i can understand potential routes etc...
Cheers to all
H

gedmib
25-05-09, 05:18 PM
we all met up in warminster then went down too pool key. was nice an hot even hotter in wet weather clothes lol :D

BB
25-05-09, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I got sent out to play this afternoon as I wasn't fit to live with, it was an excellent afternoon 8-)

BB

6T
25-05-09, 06:46 PM
welcome to wb H

H
25-05-09, 07:16 PM
Hey BB, no fit to live with..!!! Never. LOL
Wish I could receive those instructions, especially if it means I'm sent out for a ride....
H

H
25-05-09, 07:20 PM
By the way BB, is that a Laverda your on????
H

BB
25-05-09, 08:20 PM
Nah, I haven't got the inside leg measurement for a Laverda! It is Italian tho', it's a 1977 Morini Strada 3 1/2. I was out on the Ducati S2R today. (I have a 'varied' selection of bikes!) :D

BB

Roxy
25-05-09, 08:36 PM
Hey H

Welcome to WB. They are a friendly bunch. I only joined a week or so ago and went for the ride out today...it was great. I was one of the ones who very nearly backed out because of the possible rain but it was a glorious day. We were very lucky.

They all made me feel really welcome so you should come on the next one..if I can survive I'm sure you can!

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

H
25-05-09, 10:01 PM
Well BB, impressed. I have a Ducatti Pantah 500, lovely, although my friend in Odiham looks after it!
Hope to meet you soon.
H

H
25-05-09, 10:05 PM
Hi Roxy,
I read your thread earlier today about, "do I/don't I go..."
I agree with your view on the weather. I have NO problem riding in the rain, but it makes a right mess of the bike....
What was it with todays weather forecast, how can they get it sooooooo wrong?
Gutted I didn't go out. But I've done 600 miles over the last 4 days so not bad.
Maybe see you at a future meet...?
H

BB
25-05-09, 10:10 PM
Well BB, impressed. I have a Ducatti Pantah 500, lovely, although my friend in Odiham looks after it!
Hope to meet you soon.
H

A classic bike indeed! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

H
25-05-09, 10:14 PM
Well, BB maybe I'll show you one day.....
Only if you show me the Morini. Allways fancied one of those

H

BB
25-05-09, 10:24 PM
The Morini is normally out and about and does the odd WB run. Due to a slight clerical error the Mot expired last Saturday and is booked in next Saturday :D

Morini's are great fun, I had a 3 1/2 sport years ago - it's the one bike I regret selling :'(

BB

Roxy
25-05-09, 10:43 PM
H

yes the BBC/MET office got it wrong..again. I had a great day with lovely people..you have to read the threads, they are amusing.

I hate the rain..it makes my hair go frizzy!!!! but the guys did the right thing and tempted me into coming out and I am so glad I did now, broke the ice and good to put faces to nick names.

maybe see you on the next ride out I can make.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Iceman
26-05-09, 10:05 AM
Welcome to WB! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
26-05-09, 12:19 PM
Yellow and welcome

Basher
26-05-09, 05:43 PM
Hello mate, welcome :D

KP
26-05-09, 06:13 PM
hello and welcome along :)

Kevinb
26-05-09, 06:39 PM
Hello Howard. My daughter lives in Holt. Keep your eye out for an MT-01 with a rather large chap on it & it's probably me.

Kev

FJ_Biker
26-05-09, 06:52 PM
Hello Howard

steveo
26-05-09, 07:06 PM
hello and welcome mate

alanTDM
26-05-09, 08:37 PM
Hope to meet you soon.
H

A classic bike indeed! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Didnt they make a 600 aswell ? maybe it was a update of the Pantah 500

Hi H

H
27-05-09, 07:32 AM
Hey all, thanks for the comments and kind welcome.
AlanTDM, yes they did make a 600, mostly in red which, unusually for a Duke, just didn't seem to suit it. The blue/grey colour really does.
Rocy, yep, hope to meet on the next run, and i wish the rain made my hair go all fizzy...... [but then you need hair for that to happen!!]
Cheers to all
H

darrenatthesally
27-05-09, 05:23 PM
hi and welcome to the wb hope to see you soon at the sally

dazlow
27-05-09, 07:35 PM
Hi and welcome, never listen to those weather men!
Daz