PDA

View Full Version : About time I said hello.

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 08:25 PM
I guess some of you will already know me. I'm Mark Able, and I run Able Motorcycle Training in Trowbridge. I've only just signed up, so I've got to find my way round, and find out who's on here. Would be nice to hear from any ex-pupils, and to see how everyone is doing. I will try and sign on regularly, but am pretty busy, so it probably won't be a daily thing. But anyway, 'Hi' to one and all... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

P.S. Some folks in Swindon might also remember me as I used to work for CSM Rider Training at Abbey Stadium.

BB
29-07-09, 08:27 PM
Hi and welcome from an ex-pupil! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Bonnielass
29-07-09, 08:32 PM
Hello and welcome from an ex pupil, you'd know me as Rosie. Nice to see you on the forum, be even nicer to see you at the Sally one Thursday evening [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jack930
29-07-09, 08:33 PM
Hi, Welcome,,also a Ex-pupil not so long ago!!

Bonnielass
29-07-09, 08:34 PM
What you doing in Woking??

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 08:41 PM
That was just me being stupid... ::)

Westbury... :)

Blimey, I didn't realise there was so many people on here that knew me. I'll go through and suss out who you all are eventually... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
29-07-09, 08:50 PM
Ah, bet there are more ex-pupils on here than you expect!

I did some advance training with you in Frome and Trowbridge early 2007. It was a refresher following a major off. I did a day on a school bike then a day on my FZ1

I'm sure Dabz (James) will be along soon to welcome you too

BB (otherwise known as Judy)

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 08:52 PM
Ah, bet there are more ex-pupils on here than you expect!

I did some advance training with you in Frome and Trowbridge early 2007. It was a refresher following a major off. I did a day on a school bike then a day on my FZ1

I'm sure Dabz (James) will be along soon to welcome you too

BB (otherwise known as Judy)

Hi Judy, how you getting on now? I guess you must be comfortably back in the saddle by now? Use your bike much?

BB
29-07-09, 09:06 PM
Yes, I'm fighting fit again, although I must admit I haven't done too many miles this year due to loads of other commitments getting in the way but I'm off to the Manx GP late August so that will add a few more miles 8-)

BB

29-07-09, 09:19 PM
Hello Mark from another ex pupil of 13 months ago. Determined only to ever have my YBR125 after one month of passing my test I bought a MT03! (restricted)

Always seem to be driving my car or cycling when I see you or your colleagues - but I do ride my bike alot!

Rachel

bobf279
29-07-09, 09:31 PM
Hi Mark and welcome did my training from Frome and you recently put my lad through his paces

Bob

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 09:46 PM
Hello Mark from another ex pupil of 13 months ago. Determined only to ever have my YBR125 after one month of passing my test I bought a MT03! (restricted)

Always seem to be driving my car or cycling when I see you or your colleagues - but I do ride my bike alot!

Rachel

Good stuff Rachel. Give us a wave next time... ;)

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 09:47 PM
Hi Mark and welcome did my training from Frome and you recently put my lad through his paces

Bob

Hi Bob. How's Rob getting on? What did he get himself?

Mark_Able
29-07-09, 09:49 PM
Hello and welcome from an ex pupil, you'd know me as Rosie. Nice to see you on the forum, be even nicer to see you at the Sally one Thursday evening [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi Rosie. What's the Sally? Am I missing something? :-?

gedmib
29-07-09, 10:03 PM
ay up mark tis another ex pupil did me trainin with you in april, hope things are good, tell nico to get his arse on ere. c theee round

Iceman
29-07-09, 10:13 PM
hello mate and welcome to WB! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
29-07-09, 10:50 PM
Managed to pick up a bargain CBF 250 with only 2267 miles on the clock for Rob, he loves it

FJ_Biker
30-07-09, 07:24 AM
Hello Mark. I feel a bit out of place here as I am not an x pupil of yours :(

Dabz
30-07-09, 08:36 AM
welcome :) I did my training when you were still based in Frome about 4 or maybe 5 years ago.. (would have been using 'James' rather than the nickname!). I've been recommending you guys ever since...hoping to send a couple of CBT students your way very soon!

Kevinb
30-07-09, 08:48 AM
Hello Mark

Didn't train with you but my wife Pat did and you got her through it.
First met you about 20 years a go through Kev the BT engineer.
Is Les still working for you, as I haven't seen him around for a while?

Cheers Kev

Dabz
30-07-09, 09:13 AM
incidentally I can watch the CBT being done out my bedroom window since I moved...often get woken up on a Sunday by the sound of the bikes (which doesn't bother me in the slightest being an early riser AND a biker hehe)

jack930
30-07-09, 12:33 PM

Hi Rosie. What's the Sally? Am I missing something? :-?

No mate its the WB meet ,every thursday all year round..

http://www.byteways.co.uk/salutation/

Bonnielass
30-07-09, 07:25 PM
What Jack said!! The bikers from this forum meet every Thursday at the Salutation Inn just the other side of Castle Combe. If you would like to meet and ride over one Thursday, be glad to show you, I usually meet a few from Trowbridge opposite the Fire Station about 6.30 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
30-07-09, 08:43 PM
What Jack said!! The bikers from this forum meet every Thursday at the Salutation Inn just the other side of Castle Combe. If you would like to meet and ride over one Thursday, be glad to show you, I usually meet a few from Trowbridge opposite the Fire Station about 6.30 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I might come and have a look sometime... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Would be good to see a different venue. Do many turn up?

It clashes this week with another meet in Swindon. Nothing to do with bikes really. There's a Muscle car/Hot Rod meet at the Sun Inn at Coate Water roundabout every first thursday. There's a few custom bikes turn up, but I go for the cars. ::)

Beamer
30-07-09, 09:31 PM
Hi Mark and welcome to WB......I'm not an ex student but I do intend to be a future one as I'm just a pillion at the moment, so hopefully our paths may cross sometime soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

P.S. Do you have anything for short people to learn to ride on????

Tina ;D

R1chie
31-07-09, 08:26 AM
Hello mate and welcome to WB.

I know about 3 or 4 people here at work wanting to do their bike license (once the army let's them have some time off).

Do you cover the Bulford area?

Dabz
31-07-09, 08:37 AM
The sally meet gets anwhere between 4 and 104 bikes lately depending on the weather - back in the hot spell at the end of June/Start of July we were getting 80+ a few weeks running, last night I forgot to count but I'd guess about 35-40?. Very friendly bunch too and great cheesy chips :D

Ryan
31-07-09, 05:45 PM
hi :)

igbell
31-07-09, 10:41 PM
Yellow and welcome

Mark_Able
03-08-09, 08:22 PM
Hi Mark and welcome to WB......I'm not an ex student but I do intend to be a future one as I'm just a pillion at the moment, so hopefully our paths may cross sometime soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Tina ;D

How short are we talking Tina? We've got Yamaha YBR125's and Suzuki RV125 'Van Van's. They're fairly low, but some still struggle. Also, we use Suzuki GS500's for Direct Access (DAS), and not many under 5' 4" can fit on them. If that's the case, you might want to consider getting your own bike for DAS. :-/

Mark_Able
03-08-09, 08:26 PM
Hello mate and welcome to WB.

I know about 3 or 4 people here at work wanting to do their bike license (once the army let's them have some time off).

Do you cover the Bulford area?

We're based in Trowbridge now, so as long as they can get to us, we can look after them. Although we can't discount CBT's, we're offering a £50 discount for members on ANY full licence courses. We're cheap(!) anyway, but this just makes us very cheap... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
03-08-09, 08:29 PM
Hello Mark

Didn't train with you but my wife Pat did and you got her through it.
First met you about 20 years a go through Kev the BT engineer.
Is Les still working for you, as I haven't seen him around for a while?

Cheers Kev

Hi Kev (Tiny!),

Good to hear from you. Les gave up to look after his son, who was going through a few problems at the time. The current crop of instructors are me (Mark), Lee, Freddie, Nicko, Jamie, Rob, and we're just training a newbie, Garry. ;)

Mark_Able
03-08-09, 08:30 PM
incidentally I can watch the CBT being done out my bedroom window since I moved...often get woken up on a Sunday by the sound of the bikes (which doesn't bother me in the slightest being an early riser AND a biker hehe)

James, you're always welcome to come over for a chat... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jack930
03-08-09, 10:02 PM
Mark,, get Nicko on here [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
03-08-09, 10:37 PM
Mark,, get Nicko on here [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I would do, but the language might not pass the moderators... ;D

jack930
03-08-09, 10:54 PM
hahaha [smiley=happy.gif]

Still would be funny,

Can you as him if its ok for you to give his No to me ..

He was up for a ride out at some point ,when he gets some time off lol

Beamer
05-08-09, 08:24 AM

Tina ;D

How short are we talking Tina? We've got Yamaha YBR125's and Suzuki RV125 'Van Van's. They're fairly low, but some still struggle. Also, we use Suzuki GS500's for Direct Access (DAS), and not many under 5' 4" can fit on them. If that's the case, you might want to consider getting your own bike for DAS. :-/

sounds like i may need to pop up and try a couple on for size....there is another girl who wants to learn too so we both might have to pop up as we were hoping to go thru the training together.....fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
05-08-09, 12:26 PM
woop woop another biker chick to the fold!!! go beamer!!! ;D

Sue_Boyce
05-08-09, 12:38 PM
Go for it Tina, if I can do it anyone can!!!

Mark_Able
05-08-09, 08:27 PM

Tina ;D

sounds like i may need to pop up and try a couple on for size....there is another girl who wants to learn too so we both might have to pop up as we were hoping to go thru the training together.....fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You're both welcome to come along any saturday or sunday morning while the CBT's are going on, and try the bikes for size. Our training school is at Clarendon College, Frome Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0DJ. The guys are normally on site up until about 12.30, then they hit the road for the afternoon road session. You might have to do a bit of hunting around to find them, as we've got three training areas licenced for CBT's within the college grounds. There are two to the left when you go in the main entrance, and one right up to the rear of the swimming pool. Let us know what you think... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cat_Macd
06-08-09, 12:25 PM
hi mark! i'm another ex-pupil, your guys helped me through my cbt 18 months ago. say hi to rob for me!! i see them out and about quite often as i live near the college but as we're all on bikes and usually going in opposite directions we never get to speak.

Beamer
08-08-09, 01:15 PM

Tina ;D

You're both welcome to come along any saturday or sunday morning while the CBT's are going on, and try the bikes for size. Our training school is at Clarendon College, Frome Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0DJ. The guys are normally on site up until about 12.30, then they hit the road for the afternoon road session. You might have to do a bit of hunting around to find them, as we've got three training areas licenced for CBT's within the college grounds. There are two to the left when you go in the main entrance, and one right up to the rear of the swimming pool. Let us know what you think... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well....we've been for a visit, been measured up for bikes so its all looking good......due to financial restrictions we wont be able to do it this month so roll on september.....how far ahead do we need to book up......by the way the chap we spoke to today was really helpful and made us both feel alot more relaxed about the whole thing lol.....so please thank him for us.....look forward to seeing you next month

Tina and Hazel ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
09-08-09, 10:12 PM

Tina ;D

Well....we've been for a visit, been measured up for bikes so its all looking good......due to financial restrictions we wont be able to do it this month so roll on september.....how far ahead do we need to book up......by the way the chap we spoke to today was really helpful and made us both feel alot more relaxed about the whole thing lol.....so please thank him for us.....look forward to seeing you next month

Tina and Hazel ;D ;D ;D

That was Lee, and I'll let him know. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Try and give us some notice, as we're really busy with CBT's at the moment. If you want to book in now provisionally, that's not a problem. We can sort a deposit at a later date. ;)

Caz
12-08-09, 05:49 PM
Hi Mark just came across this thread, don't know if you remember me I was one of the dippy blondes the other one was Vicki (friends of Jane who passed a year earlier). I was one of your mature students and passed Direct Access with you 4 years ago, I bought a CB 500 but now have Triumph Sprint 955i.

Nice to hear from you.

Caroline

Mark_Able
12-08-09, 08:10 PM
Hi Caroline, good to hear from you. Blimey, a 955! You must have been taught well... ;D

Vic
20-08-09, 06:04 PM
Another ex (and soon to be again) pupil here...i was most definitely taught well but failed to show that in my test when i blew my u-turn :-[ ...just for the record, and to ensure mark's continuing good rep', i only got three other points against me on the test! CBT has expired now so i will be in touch as soon as finances allow to go for it again...CBT, ride around a bit, then back for the biggy - horrible off-road manouvers (sp!) an all.
:)

Mark_Able
20-08-09, 07:41 PM
Another ex (and soon to be again) pupil here...i was most definitely taught well but failed to show that in my test when i blew my u-turn :-[ ...just for the record, and to ensure mark's continuing good rep', i only got three other points against me on the test! CBT has expired now so i will be in touch as soon as finances allow to go for it again...CBT, ride around a bit, then back for the biggy - horrible off-road manouvers (sp!) an all.
:)

Don't worry Vic, we'll get you sorted! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks for the kind words... ;)

Bikermouse
23-08-09, 11:30 AM
Hi and welcome Mark

We have met but I didn't do my training with you as the Van Vans were too high for me (and having no weight behind me, so to speak) only a tonne of bricks was going to help lower the bike.

kj

Mark_Able
24-08-09, 08:42 PM
Hi and welcome Mark

We have met but I didn't do my training with you as the Van Vans were too high for me (and having no weight behind me, so to speak) only a tonne of bricks was going to help lower the bike.

kj

Should've eaten more pies, just like the Westbury girls... ;D

Bikermouse
25-08-09, 06:33 PM
Hi and welcome Mark

kj

Should've eaten more pies, just like the Westbury girls... ;D

You've definitely been taking your brave pills! You were a great help to me after I had a bad off with my then instructor and I was convinced I should just remain a pillion. Thanks to you talking some sense into me and advising me what to do, I went on to complete my CBT with that particular instructor, got refunded for the fees I'd already paid towards my test and went elsewhere where they were interested in TEACHING me what to do without undue sarcasm...

jimmer
25-08-09, 07:20 PM
Hey m8 your brave seeing you married a Westbury girl :-/

Mark_Able
25-08-09, 08:24 PM
Hey m8 your brave seeing you married a Westbury girl :-/

You know me mate, I like to push the envelope... ;D

Jon_W
30-09-09, 09:36 AM
And another former pupil.

Hi Mark.

Mark_Able
30-09-09, 08:56 PM
Hi Jon. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
04-11-09, 01:05 PM
a current pupil saying hi!!
started my cbt last weekend and you have put me in to hopefully finish on the 15th!im excited now i know i can go round a bend without crashing into the fence :P

H1066
23-11-09, 09:20 PM
Hey good to see you the other day cheers

Hazel-nut
23-11-09, 10:50 PM
Thanks to Freddie Mike and Nicko and Justin from able training who helper me through my cbt!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] thanks for not giving up on me when i was close to giving up! ;) unfortunatly i cant afford my own 125 so gonna have to wait before i can get on the roads myself :(