PDA

View Full Version : newbie from Newbury

Nico_babe
22-01-10, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Names Nicky and im a bikerholic..... hahahha All jokes aside, im new the this forum. Got my 2010 brand new YZF 125 *(blue) on Wednesday. Waiting for the DVLA to register her so im hoping to get a ride in this weekend. If there is anyone that is in the area and that knows of any nice rides or is interested in keeping a woman on a (slow for you im sure) little 125 company, then give me a shout.
have a super day all :D

igbell
22-01-10, 10:49 AM
Yellow and welcome, sorry to say my bike is off the road at the mo, but I do like the A4 between Newbury and Swindon, as it is wide and open and smooth, you might want to give that a bash. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
22-01-10, 12:25 PM
Hi Welcome to WB. See you on a ride out soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
22-01-10, 12:40 PM
Hi and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers. Afraid I'm a bit too far from you for casual ride outs but happy to show you around if ever you get to the Sally. Look in the rideout section ther is a ride through Wootten Bassett March 14th a lot of WBers going on that be a good time to meet lots of peeps.

HensonA
22-01-10, 03:07 PM
Hello Nicky and welcome to WBs.

Enjoy your new machine !!!!

Hope to see you out on a ride-out.

Nico_babe
22-01-10, 03:24 PM
Awh thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! Yeah I cant wait to meet up with everyone. Tell me something, when everyone goes on rides, do you go the back roads because i have a learner plate i cant go on motorways :( Which is a bit of a pain. Just wondering if that will retrict the rides i get to take part in :o

igbell
22-01-10, 03:30 PM
MOTORWAYS.....what are they??
To be honest if with my little 800 I hardly touch the motorways unless it serves a Purpose

Nico_babe
22-01-10, 03:37 PM
That was an answer I was hoping for ;D

crewy
22-01-10, 04:18 PM
Hello and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Look forward to seeing you on a rideout

FJ_Biker
22-01-10, 04:54 PM
Hello nico_stew

Nico_babe
22-01-10, 04:58 PM
Hello FJ_Biker :D

Mas1
22-01-10, 06:03 PM
Hello Nicky and welome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
22-01-10, 06:24 PM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Motorways serve a purpose but are pretty boring!

BB

Ryan
22-01-10, 07:01 PM
Hello :) welcome to wb, i recommend the road from newbury to andover, lovely road to ride in the summer, i often ride to newbury on that road as i live in andover. its one of my favs, cya at a rideout soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

aprillia_dave
22-01-10, 08:04 PM
Hi Nicky, hope you can get out on your bike this week end! best rides are "a" type roads , twistys and long bends no cars, just like the road between andover and newbury, Roll on the summer 8-) longer rides and cafes for hot tea !! Safe Riding

Nico_babe
22-01-10, 08:28 PM
Hey everyone. I live in Woolton Hill in Newbury which is just off the Andover road so that route will be perfec for me.......... Cant wait. Now im even more excited!!! :-* [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mick188
22-01-10, 09:49 PM
Hi Nico, just moved from the Andover/Newbury area to not so sunny Warminster. Some great rides in that area especially heading south to Andover on A343 then keep heading south on A3057 through Stockbridge and Romsey. Head back the same way or via Winchester and just explore those roads.

Welcome to WB. ;D

Mick

Ryan
23-01-10, 11:56 AM
Hi Nico, just moved from the Andover/Newbury area to not so sunny Warminster. Some great rides in that area especially heading south to Andover on A343 then keep heading south on A3057 through Stockbridge and Romsey. Head back the same way or via Winchester and just explore those roads.

Welcome to WB. ;D

Mick

Yes indeed, thats another road i like, from andover to stockbridge romsey really nice roads out that way, WB never really ride around this way though its its to far south lol, will have to get mr hunar to organise somthing around this way for one of the summer rides [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
23-01-10, 01:59 PM
Welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
23-01-10, 02:43 PM
Yeah a ride this area would be fantastic. I went out on the bike today for the first time and just kept in the Woolton Hill, Ball hill area. Struggled to ride in my leathers. Does anyone have any advice about how to soften them? Also the foot peg kept catching in the top of my boots everytime i put my feet down which made me a bit unsettled. Any one have any idea how i can sort that out with like somehow sealing the top of my boot so the footpeg cant catch it?

Any ideas would help. Other than that, she drives beautiful, have to run her in though, but am totally over the moon !!

Ryan
23-01-10, 05:39 PM
You;ll find the more you ware your leathers the more they will losen up and stretch a little and get more comfy, as for the boots not sure of anything myself to stop that? i would say try put your foot in a position when you put it down that it wont catch when you move off, its all experiance and getting used to where things are on your bike to avoid that sort of thing. Have fun and stay safe :)

R1chie
23-01-10, 06:31 PM
As Rinksy said, the leathers will break in soon enough after a few rides, although the better the leather the sooner they'll soften.

As for the boot catching on the peg...I had this issue a when I got my R1. It will get less and less as you learn to lift your leg away a certain way after being stationary but it is a pain I know.

Once I changed to a different boot (from Sidi to Alpinestars) the problem totally vanished as the Alpinestars boots aren't as high up the calf as the Sidi's. (I didn't change boots because of the catching btw lol)

Nico_babe
23-01-10, 06:37 PM
Awh thanks you guys for the wonderuful advice. I really cant wait to hit the road again and am hoping the weather tomorrow will be ok, but for now im off to hit the night life in Newbury tonight to celebrate my first ride today :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
24-01-10, 05:17 AM
hehe lucky, newbury has good nightlife.. unlike andover :( hehe

Nico_babe
24-01-10, 07:50 PM
Gosh what a night. Drank way to much and fell over way to many times. I now have bruised my cheeks !! hahahah

Decided to pull a sicky tomorrow so I can go riding LOL I am still feeling the affect of the hangover anyway. Only thing that will make me feel better is going for a ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

matty999
24-01-10, 08:39 PM
hello there

Nico_babe
24-01-10, 08:51 PM
Hey Matty999 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
24-01-10, 09:32 PM
Skiving off work eh tut tut lol

I need to try and do that soon to sort my car out. Ironically I'd be skiving in Newbury for that one

Roxy
24-01-10, 09:34 PM
hello hello..

welcome to WB

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
25-01-10, 07:54 AM
Awh thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. I cant wait to meet you all.

Davey
25-01-10, 08:44 PM
Hi and welcome 8-) Glad you're enjoying your bike I enjoy riding the roads between Newbury and Swindon and haven't been on a motorway on the bike in years [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As for pulling a sicky today tut tut :P

Nico_babe
25-01-10, 08:53 PM
I was sick honest LOL LOL LOL

Scotty
30-01-10, 09:28 PM
Haven't said hello yet, so....
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
30-01-10, 09:42 PM
Thanks Scotty

Nico_babe
30-01-10, 09:59 PM
Went out on a ride today. Was anyone else out today?

KP
31-01-10, 10:29 AM
hello and welcome along

6T
31-01-10, 04:41 PM
welcome to wb [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
07-02-10, 11:13 PM
Hi i ride the Andover-Newbury road loads and then carry on via B4494 to Wantage and then Faringdon.

I am willing to ride along with you sometime and maybe give u some pointers that i have been taught through my training. Much the same as Bikesafe really tbh

Tongy
07-02-10, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the WB! Doesn't matter if your fast or slow, this lot can cater for most.

quimby
08-02-10, 10:12 AM
welcome 2 wb [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
08-02-10, 10:03 PM
Big thanks to R1chie for getting me back up and running on WB. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
08-02-10, 10:40 PM
So are you also known as nico_newbury?

finbar
09-02-10, 12:07 AM
Hi Nico,

Tried to PM you direct but you seem to have a 'ex-member' status at the moment that does not allow me to PM you. Below is the message I tried to give you;

With the travelling and say 3 hours to fit the bits I would quote £60 all in but if you can come to me or we can arrange to do it Sunday after 12 midday I could do it for £50 as I am passing nearer to you that day.

Cheers,
Sean 07825396154

R1chie
09-02-10, 12:25 AM
Finbar....you're trying to pm Nico's other account which is now deleted.

You can pm her via her nico_babe account [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
09-02-10, 06:02 AM
I also tried to PM Nicky last night but I could only find a nico_newbury in the members list. Is that one of the same?

Si

Nico_babe
09-02-10, 09:31 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the confusion. I had some issues with my Nico_babe account before so opened up the Nico_newbury account. The Nico_newbury has now been deleted so im back on the Nico_babe account. Finbar, i will send you a pm.

Thanks all

Bikermouse
22-02-10, 07:40 PM
Hi and welcome

kj