PDA

View Full Version : Hola from Chippenham

Mitch9128
24-03-10, 10:36 PM
Hi all
Been in Chippenham a while now, dunno how i ended up here, i'm originally from Bradford. Had a few bikes, currently on a ZX9r. Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere for servicing in the area? I don't want to use George Whites if i can help it,
Cheers
Nick

Ryan
24-03-10, 10:42 PM
hi2u, welcome to wb :)

Roxy
24-03-10, 10:56 PM
Hi all
Been in Chippenham a while now, dunno how i ended up here, i'm originally from Bradford. Had a few bikes, currently on a ZX9r. Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere for servicing in the area? I don't want to use George Whites if i can help it,
Cheers
Nick

wait for it........!!!! ;)

Ryan
24-03-10, 10:58 PM
lol, oh dear

darrenatthesally
25-03-10, 01:13 AM
hi and welcome to have the wb you have got chippenham cmc on bumpers farm in chippenham father and son outfit allways been good when i have been in there. hope to see you at the saly soon

HensonA
25-03-10, 01:36 AM
Hi all
Cheers
Nick

wait for it........!!!! ;)

+1 ;D
Oh ....hi and welcome to WB Nick !

Geordie Stu
25-03-10, 08:00 AM
Hi Nick. Welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
25-03-10, 10:29 AM
Yellow and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
25-03-10, 10:44 AM
welcome to WB
I think everyone is waiting for the repsonse to your george white comment :P

Ducatista
25-03-10, 11:22 AM
Hi MItch,

Do you commute anywhere, or are we just lokoing at Chippenham?
I have a few suggestions, but do you work somewhere else?

Mas1
25-03-10, 11:44 AM
Hello Nick and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitch9128
25-03-10, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome,
Only reason i don't want to use GW, is labour/parts costs, no other reason. Currently working in Frimley, company is relocating me to Swindon in a few months time. I have a few garages i would use in Frimley area, but as i don't live down that way any more, valve clearances would be impossible to do(engine needs to be stone cold). I take it someone above works there?

Ducatista
25-03-10, 03:24 PM
Stu works in Geroge Whites but in sales not in servicing.

There are a couple of mobile guys that spring to mind.
One is Finbar who is a member of WB himself.
He lives in Calne.
You can take your bike to him or he would come to you.
When he did my bike he gave me a lift back to Chippenham whilst he kept my bike.
He has not that long set up in business so is keen to do a good job and is a member of WB and obviously would be keen to make a good impression.
I think his labour charges are very good, and he'll give you a price for a service.
I haven't had any servicing done by Finbar because I have a Ducati, but he's done tyres and cleaning for me.
If you are looking for value for money then Finbar might be your man.

The other mobile guy that comes recommended is Rob Jones.
His website is here.
http://www.rjracing.co.uk/
I believe he's more established but then his labour charges are more.

I have mixed view on CMC.
The guy there will talk all day, but difficult to get anything done.
Labour is about £50 per hour.
We couldn't' pin him down and he didn't return our calls so eventually we took a bike away from his shop because he just delayed for too lon and didn't keep in touch.

I know a good place in Bath but obviously that's not on your commute.

Bonnielass
25-03-10, 06:13 PM
Hello and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KP
25-03-10, 07:17 PM
hello and welcome .....and waiting too lol ;)

Mitch9128
25-03-10, 08:40 PM

For someone else to comment or me? Confused :-?

BB
25-03-10, 09:22 PM

Don't worry about it, you are most welcome to WB and look foreward to meeting you sometime. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Stu is a salesman at GW's and is bound to respond to you. ;D

BB

Roll_on
25-03-10, 09:41 PM
Hi welcome to Wiltshire Bikers. As for servicing try Chippenham Motorcycles on Bumpers Farm they are close and very helpful and they certainly know their way around performance bikes.

Mitch9128
25-03-10, 10:11 PM

Don't worry about it, you are most welcome to WB and look foreward to meeting you sometime. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Stu is a salesman at GW's and is bound to respond to you. ;D

BB

Gotcha, am in comms with a guy in Calne for servicing called Master tec, i can pm his name if anyone wants to know. Anyone reccomend him?

Scotty
25-03-10, 11:04 PM
I haven't had any servicing done by Finbar because I have a Ducati, but he's done tyres and cleaning for me....

God's teeth Lisa, you're feeling a bit affluent then, paying Finbar to clean your bike??? :-? ;) ;D

Ducatista
26-03-10, 09:37 AM
Of course I'm affluent I have a Ducati !! ;)

It was only once with the ACF50 treatment and I reckon I could justify it compared with the depreciation that would otherwise occur over the winter on a brand new bike if it wasn't done. I am after all saving on the costs of having a car.

I have yet to clean it properly to see the results, but I haven't seen any rust so it seems to have been successful.
The only issue I've had is rust on the chain, but I have a love/hate relationship with myScottoiler.

wiltshire builders
26-03-10, 02:50 PM
Red zx9 from east chippenham?

Mitch9128
26-03-10, 04:43 PM
Red zx9 from east chippenham?

Blue, i have seen a red one about though.

Nokesy
26-03-10, 06:19 PM
Hello and welcome to WB's Nick [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
28-03-10, 12:50 AM
Hi 8-)

Morticia
28-03-10, 08:50 AM
Hola! I actually thought (well, hoped, really!) you were spanish. I take my babies to bike treads in swindon, behind george white. I found them by pure luck, tried them and would not take my bikes anywhere else.

Oh, and welcome.

Mitch9128
28-03-10, 04:50 PM
Hola! I actually thought (well, hoped, really!) you were spanish. I take my babies to bike treads in swindon, behind george white. I found them by pure luck, tried them and would not take my bikes anywhere else.

Oh, and welcome.

Bradford is far more glamorous! Had just been chatting to my sister on Facepest only minutes before i posted, she does live in Spain.

Morticia
29-03-10, 09:47 AM
Facepest, I like it!

Where does she live?

Mitch9128
29-03-10, 12:09 PM
Facepest, I like it!

Where does she live?

Niguelas, my parents and brother are just down the road in Lanjaron, south of Grenada if you don't know it.

Morticia
29-03-10, 01:51 PM
Oh my, lucky you, Granada is simply stunnig!