PDA

View Full Version : hello!

Toph
04-04-10, 08:00 PM
hello everyone! my names Chris, I've lived in Trowbridge since 1971, I've always ridden bikes, ever since I was 16 on a ss50.as I have never taken my test(shame!) I have ridden a vast number of scooters and 125's for the best part of 34 years. I'm currently riding an Aprilia classic 125, it's a cruiser with the rotax 122 water cooled single 2 stroke engine. (same as the rs125') I ride it to work everyday, to a small familiy engineering firm where i'm a welder fabricator. I'm a 50 year old, married father of two teenage daughters, looking forward to chatting with you all!!

Mark_Able
04-04-10, 08:08 PM
Evening Toph, and welcome. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
04-04-10, 08:28 PM
Yellow and welcome Toph [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
04-04-10, 09:37 PM
hey and welcome to WB

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
04-04-10, 10:09 PM
hi and welcome mate

Toph
04-04-10, 10:26 PM
Hi,MARK, my renewal cbt is due soon! have to give you a call and arrange it. Nico took me through it last time, hope he's still with you, he's a nice guy, I made some bits for his bike last year! also Les and the boys , thanks for the welcome!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] also thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

Geordie Stu
04-04-10, 10:48 PM
Hey Welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

darrenatthesally
04-04-10, 10:50 PM
hi and welcome to the wb

Jacde
04-04-10, 11:00 PM
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Hello

Toph
04-04-10, 11:02 PM
as a newbie Ive had a quick "shufty" of the site and The Sally seems quite a special place, where is it? gotta go there!!!

Roll_on
04-04-10, 11:40 PM
Hi and welcome to Wiltshire Bikers, hope to see you at the Sally soon. As for the location of the Sally head for Chippenham leave on the A420 and after passing a garage on your left take the next right to Yatton Keynell B4039 follow that road pass Castle combe circuit towards Burton and you come to a place called The Gibb just after running into a 30mph speed limit you come to a small crossroads and the Salutation Inn is on the right.

BB
05-04-10, 10:46 AM
Hi and welcome to WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Chappers
05-04-10, 02:30 PM
there seem to be quite a few engineers on here. welcome!

Morticia
05-04-10, 07:11 PM
Hi Toph!

Ryan
06-04-10, 12:50 AM
Hi, welcome to WB :)

Kevinb
06-04-10, 08:53 AM
Hello Toph from another Trowbridge biker

Mark_Able
06-04-10, 08:00 PM
Hi,MARK, my renewal cbt is due soon! have to give you a call and arrange it. Nico took me through it last time, hope he's still with you, he's a nice guy, I made some bits for his bike last year! also Les and the boys , thanks for the welcome!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] also thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

Hi Toph, yeah Nicko is still with us. He passed his driving test today! And yes, I was his instructor... ::)

Let us know when you want to renew as we're getting busy now the weather is perking up a bit... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
06-04-10, 08:46 PM
Welcome from Westbury

Toph
06-04-10, 08:51 PM

Hi Toph, yeah Nicko is still with us. He passed his driving test today! And yes, I was his instructor... ::)

Let us know when you want to renew as we're getting busy now the weather is perking up a bit... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I'll have to dig the old one out, I t must be due anytime now,do they last for 2 years or 3? will call you as soon as poss. thanks.

Toph
06-04-10, 08:56 PM
hi Kev, thats a fine looking mt03 you're sat on!! did you buy it from Kev at Phoenix?

Jacde
06-04-10, 09:01 PM

I'll have to dig the old one out, I t must be due anytime now,do they last for 2 years or 3? will call you as soon as poss. thanks.

CBT lasts for two years [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
06-04-10, 09:07 PM
2 years? thanks jacde!! bloody hell it must have expired!!!

Jacde
06-04-10, 09:12 PM
:o

Mark_Able
06-04-10, 09:27 PM

Got a space this saturday? ::)

Toph
06-04-10, 09:55 PM

could you book me a place for this saturday, my cbt has expired. Iwill phone you tomorrow to confirm. thanks Mark.

Jacde
06-04-10, 10:09 PM

could you book me a place for this saturday, my cbt has expired. Iwill phone you tomorrow to confirm. thanks Mark.

Hope I'm not chucking a spanner in the works but is your Theory still in date, that only lasts for 2 years too!

bobf279
06-04-10, 10:16 PM
I thought you only needed a theory test to take your bike test not the CBT. Have the rules changed?

Toph
06-04-10, 10:22 PM

Hope I'm not chucking a spanner in the works but is your Theory still in date, that only lasts for 2 years too!
Ive never taken a theory test jacde,Ionly take the cbt test because the law states that I must have one to ride, I have no intention of taking the driving test, I'm happy riding on "L" plates, I've ridden on them for 34 years,When they say I can't do it anymore, I'll have to sell the 125 and buy a 50cc scoot and ride it on my full car licence.

Jacde
06-04-10, 10:23 PM
It is for the bike test bob, was just wondering if Toph was hoping to get that under his belt once he'd done the CBT :)

Jacde
06-04-10, 10:24 PM
Ah ha! see above [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
06-04-10, 10:25 PM
I thought you only needed a theory test to take your bike test not the CBT. Have the rules changed?
thats the way I thought it was, [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

charlie
07-04-10, 07:52 AM
Hello & Welcome to WB

Kevinb
07-04-10, 08:44 AM
hi Kev, thats a fine looking mt03 you're sat on!! did you buy it from Kev at Phoenix?

MT-03 (wouldn't take my weight) It's an MT-01 & yes I bought it from Kev in Phoenix. Dropped my wife's bike in there last night for its MOT today. He's trying to get me to buy a new MT. To expensive

Kevinb
07-04-10, 01:11 PM

MT-03 (wouldn't take my weight) It's an MT-01 & yes I bought it from Kev in Phoenix. Dropped my wife's bike in there last night for its MOT today. He's trying to get me to buy a new MT. To expensive

Bikes past it's MOT. Yipee

Mark_Able
07-04-10, 04:58 PM
Toph, consider yourself booked. I'll talk to you tonight... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
07-04-10, 05:52 PM
Toph, consider yourself booked. I'll talk to you tonight... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
thanks Mark, look forward to speaking with you later. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
07-04-10, 05:54 PM

must be a good 'un Kev, they don't pass crap at Phoenix!! ;D

Toph
07-04-10, 06:03 PM
thanks Mark, look forward to speaking with you later. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
GOTTA GO OUT BETWEEN 6.30 AND 7.00. gotta pick up my daughter from the train station. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
09-04-10, 08:35 AM

must be a good 'un Kev, they don't pass crap at Phoenix!! ;D

It's a 1982 Honda CM250TB with about 18k on the clock.
It's also self fixing as it had two advisories last year and didn't get any this year. ;D

Morticia
09-04-10, 04:01 PM
Your pics got to be the best I've seen so far! :D

Mas1
09-04-10, 07:17 PM
Hello Chris and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]