PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

RachaelEllen
10-04-10, 08:12 PM
Hi, i'm Rachael, the daughter of SBQE2. I'm not technically a biker but i've been on the back for one WB ride. I'm also hoping to come tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing you all

bobf279
10-04-10, 08:18 PM
Welcome Rachel start as a pillion blossom into a biker ;D

Morticia
10-04-10, 08:20 PM
Hello and welcome.

Gerry
10-04-10, 08:21 PM
Hi Rachael and welcome.

Even thought you say you're not "technically" a biker, your braver than me.
The thought of going on a bike without any control would scare me silly !

Especially with these new fangled pillion handles that are behind you - if it was me, I'd be hanging onto the driver round his torso with a grip on iron :o

See you tomorrow...

Gerry "Wussy" Simpson [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
10-04-10, 08:40 PM
I'm not the brave one, i quite like having no responsibility for such an expensive machine!

We went for a 3 hour ride today so i'm hoping my knees will be up to tomorrow, it's such a long route!

BB
11-04-10, 10:31 PM
Hi and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

AlanMc
11-04-10, 10:52 PM
Hi [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lorraine
11-04-10, 10:57 PM
Hi :)

I'm going to be a pillion rider to V1per wen he gets a bike.

I'm happier with 4 wheels myself but am looking forward to eventually going on ride-outs n meeting everyone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
12-04-10, 10:04 AM
I definitely recommend pillion riding, it's great fun without any of the stress of crashing/dropping the bike! Hopefully i'll see you on a ride out in the summer :)

jonnydangerous
12-04-10, 11:41 AM
Hello, beware the biking bug, it WILL bite and youll be a rider in no time! haha :-)

Kevinb
12-04-10, 01:12 PM
Hello and welcome

Jacde
12-04-10, 01:13 PM
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Hello

ps I started on the back of a bike, and I now find myself learning to ride one, lol you have been warned ;D

RachaelEllen
12-04-10, 04:58 PM
I do feel slightly addicted now, i must admit! Somebody mentioned about a programme where you can have a go on a 125 for free, does anybody know where i can find some more information on this? Oh dear, i've already been bitten!

darrenatthesally
12-04-10, 05:03 PM
hi and welcome to the wb hope to see you soon

Geordie Stu
12-04-10, 05:19 PM
Rachael,

Nice to meet you yesterday. Hope you had a good day. Don't forget meets on Thursday at the Sally & Friday Black Horse.

Next you'll be asking how do a go about getting my license. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
12-04-10, 06:10 PM
I do feel slightly addicted now, i must admit! Somebody mentioned about a programme where you can have a go on a 125 for free, does anybody know where i can find some more information on this? Oh dear, i've already been bitten!

The "Get On" scheme offers free ride, the website is http://www.geton.co.uk and they seem to have a fair few providers locally

Welcome to WB too :)

Chris

RachaelEllen
12-04-10, 08:10 PM
Ah brilliant, thank you! I've had a look and there's nowhere that near me in Liverpool so i'll have to be a southerner and do it in Bath, means i have to wait until the summer though :(

finbar
12-04-10, 09:52 PM
Rachael welcome hun, give these bikes things a go you will like it. I still giggle in my crash helmet whilst riding...and I have been buzzing around on bikes for 23 years. ps being a liccle scared is part of the fun! :D [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

igbell
13-04-10, 02:24 PM
Yellow and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
13-04-10, 05:22 PM
hi2u :) welcome to wb, you was out sunday with us was you not? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
13-04-10, 07:04 PM
I was indeed, I had a fantastic time :) I think i've definitely got the bug now, not that i know anything about bikes at all haha! I'm really up for having a go on that free scheme, not sure my coordination is good enough though!

And Finbar,you've got to love the fear factor!

Roll_on
13-04-10, 07:11 PM
Hi Rachael welcome to Wiltshire Bikers. We can always find you a pillion ride if you want to do a few more rideouts.

RachaelEllen
13-04-10, 10:07 PM
Aw that's very kind thank you :) I would definitely be up for that at some point

Honda_Star
13-04-10, 11:00 PM
HI there and welcome! :)

Ryan
13-04-10, 11:42 PM
Motorbiking is like marmite you either love it or hate it, and i LOOOOVE it ;D

BB
14-04-10, 08:14 AM

I cannot imagine being without a bike 8-)

BB

Si
14-04-10, 09:41 AM
Welcome! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] As some have already said, braver than me sitting on the back!

Hazel-nut
14-04-10, 01:27 PM
welcome to wb
was good to meet you on sunday!
i think being pillion is fun coz you can look around and not have to concentrate on the road and traffic! :P have been caught out a couple of times though as dabz goes to over take and im not holding on tight enough!wakes me up a bit hehe
a few years ago i wouldnt go near a bike after my uncle crashed and lost his leg but now i love being pillion have done my cbt and really wanna get my own bike!hehe!
once you have a go on a 125 i reckon you will wana do your cbt and get your own!hehe
good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
15-04-10, 05:56 PM

BB

Me neither, just the thought of it makes me feel sick :-/

Mas1
15-04-10, 07:21 PM
Hello Rachael and welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
15-04-10, 09:20 PM

BB

Me neither, just the thought of it makes me feel sick :-/

I spent 3 months with my hand pinned up a few years a go and those on here who remember that time will know I was not a happy bunny to know!! :-[

BB

Jacde
15-04-10, 09:40 PM
I was indeed, I had a fantastic time :) I think i've definitely got the bug now, not that i know anything about bikes at all haha! I'm really up for having a go on that free scheme, not sure my coordination is good enough though!

I knew diddly squat about the business end of a bike until a few weeks ago, and trust me I bring chaos where ever I go so if I can manage to ride a bike, and I'm far from a natural then you can do it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
15-04-10, 10:14 PM
hey and welcome

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]